main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Papa Don't Preach [Kyp/Jaina/Han/Jacen]Humour: Finally Updated June 10!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Jan 1, 2003.

1. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/472295/papadontpreach.jpg]

PAPA DON'T PREACH

Timeframe - NJO/AU

Focus - Jaina Solo. Kyp Durron. Han Solo. Jacen Solo.

Summary - When Han becomes bored, he always finds a way to liven things up. But this time, he may have gone too far, loosing the trust of those close to him, and destroying his daughters future at the same time...

Spoilers - NJO (up to Rebirth)

Tagline - With a father like hers, who needs enemies?

I would just like all characters and places are owned by Lucasfilm, save for those I create myself of course.

WINNER OF BEST HUMOUR: SUMMER (Aus Winter) 2003

WINNER OF BEST HUMOUR: KYPPIES (Kyp Durron Fan Awards) 2004

2. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]As promised, with the coming of the new year, comes the coming of a new fic.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Han Solo sighed as he lounged back in his seat in the gallery of their latest base. There hadn?t been any major activity for weeks, and he was starting to get bored. His wife was busy with her duties, which had become more time consuming following the death of Borsk Fel?lya. His brother-in-law was playing head of the Jedi Council, his wife and Han?s long time friend and surrogate son, Kyp Durron, with him.

Han?s surviving children, the twins Jaina and Jacen, were playing pilot and Jedi, leaving Han pretty much to his own lonely self. He?d become so desperate for company that he?d turned to his golden hindrance himself for conversation.

?Of course Master Solo,? See-Threepio was saying. ?It is believed that the people of Corellia staged a revolt against their leadership following the Independents placement into government, which of course led to...?

Han tuned out as he spotted Jaina enter the gallery, once more hanging off Jagged Fel?s arm just as she had for over the past year. He frowned, rubbing his jaw as he saw Jaina smile at her boyfriend as he said something. It was a smile that Han knew well, something she had gotten from him.

The Sabacc smile.

Han narrowed his eyes as he watched them gather their food and sit down, Fel continuing to speak about, what Han guessed, the latest problem in a string of set backs that had been plaguing the NR fleet over the past month. Usually that sort of thing was of interest to Jaina, but lately she had seemed, in his opinion, bored out of her mind.

Like father, like daughter.

Han ran through a list of possibilities of what he could do to liven up the place a bit, but nothing feasible sprang to mind.

He looked sideways as he spotted Jaina become distracted by someone entering the gallery, and saw Kyp in the doorway, eyes set upon the couple in the corner. He smiled at Jaina before crossing to them, halting Jag in is reel by handing him a datapad and speaking briefly to him.

As Kyp began to walk away, Han caught his attention.

?What?s that all about?? Han asked the younger man as he reached the table.

?Orders from Antilles,? Kyp answered. ?Wants Captain Cardboard to run a mission for him.?

Han raised an eyebrow, an idea beginning to flicker to life in the back of his mind. He tried to keep his voice neutral as he gestured to Jag. ?How long will Mr Cardboard be gone??

?For just over a month, why?? The Jedi Master eyes Han suspiciously. ?What are you up to Han??

Han shrugged, a flicker of a smile on his lips. ?Just hoping for some time with my daughter, that?s all.? He pointed to Kyp?s stubble and shaggy ebony specked silver hair. ?You really need to take more care of yourself, kid.?

Kyp?s dark eyes narrowed further, but he seemed to mentally shrug it off. ?Been to busy, but I?ll do something about it tonight.? As he turned to go, he glanced back over his shoulder. ?Stay out of trouble, Han.?

As he vanished through the door, Han looked over to see Jag and Jaina in intense conversation regarding the datapad. Gone a month, huh?

A lopsided grin spread across his lips as he turned to the still talking droid. ?Threepio??

The protocol droid halted in his speech, head focusing on the man. ?Yes sir??

Han rubbed his jaw, mind buzzing. ?What can you tell me about women?s marriage laws for Corellia and Alderaan??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=7000CC]How's this for a start? Interested in wanting to know what happens next?[/color]

3. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ohwies! A new fic! I like that!

4. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    There's no Nevy in this one you realize R_S.

5. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    I know that 8-}

6. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    LOL, I read the plot in your profile. Daddy doesn't want to have Cardboard as a son-in-law does he?

7. SoraJade

SoraJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2002
    humm....I'm interested ^_^ MORE SOON PLEASE!

SJ

8. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    he wants Kyp doesnt he . . ok nto in that way . . . he wants Kyp as a son in law!!!

ther said it!

9. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    HA! MJ said it this time. Han wants Kyp! Now that would create for a damn funny story if both father and daughter wanted the same guy.

How would it happen? Just look below...

Jaina: But your a man, dad.

Han: And I'm more experienced than you! In fact, missy, one time I-

Jaina: DAD! I don't think Mom wants you telling me how you guys behave when you share your more private moments!

Han: Who said it was only your mother?! Why do you think Jag broke it off with you? Huh? Why do you think? I'll tell you why: Jag saw that this Solo was the only one who was literally man enough to please him!

Jacen: Uh-uh! This Solo is the only one man enough to please Jag!

Han: My gods, my only remaining son will never be able to have children for me because he likes... he likes... other dudes!

Jacen: Haha, Dad. Like father, like son!

10. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    ?What can you tell me about women?s marriage laws for Corellia and Alderaan??

Marriage laws?? :eek:

you got me hooked. :D

~LS~

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    CHRIS! UGH!

Anyways, I like this so far! Han sets up Kyp and Jaina! i love it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

12. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    This is brilliant! I can't wait to see what happens! (The little Han vs. Jaina interplay is hysterical - nearly fell off my seat!)

Anna

13. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Thanks for the feedback, and Chris, that is just wrong man! And here I was thinking your Jacen/Kyp thing was bad!!![/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina waved as Jag?s ship lifted from the hanger, catching one last glance of him before the ship turned, moving the cockpit from view. She let her arm drop to her side, sighing, as the ship vanished into space.

She hated to admit it, but she was actually looking forward to having some time away from Jag. It wasn?t that she didn?t love him anymore, it was just that lately she had begun to dread being with him, feeling like she wanted to be somewhere else rather then listening to his monotone voice groan on about their job.

That was why she spent so much of her spare time with Kyp and Jacen, to have a break from him. She had always enjoyed spending time with her brother, catching up and just hanging out, as for Kyp... Well, he was her Jedi Master, and though she had once hated him with a passion, lately she had begun to see him in a new light, and was actually pretty, well, ?cool? as her brother Anakin would have put it.

She sighed. Anakin. The impacted of his death had slowly begun to fade, but sadness still washed over her every time she heard his name, or simply just thought about him. She missed her little brother terribly, and it didn?t help that she had never really had much of a chance to grieve.

None of them had.

Stepping into the corridor from the hanger bay, she glanced back at where the technicians were fussing around their X-Wings. Only yesterday, during a routine check, it had been discovered that each and every one of their ships had been incorrectly fitted with their life supports systems, meaning that at any given time the systems could cut out. It was not a good thing to happen at any time, but worse when flying in the middle of battle.

An inquest was in place to discover why it had taken so long for the flaw to be discovered, bogging them down even longer, and with the repairs, it registered the squadron grounded. She, Kyp, and Jag were stuck on the base until everything had been cleared up.

As she moved through the corridors toward her room, she noted how relaxed everyone was. It had been a while since they had been out fighting, as since the Yuuzhan Vong had captured Coruscant, things had been pretty slow. Most of the missions lately had simply been scouting, searching for supplies, staging rescues, or running small attacks on the Vong. Jag was leading a mission that covered the first two, which is why he would be gone so long.

Stepping into her room, Jaina shouldered off her jacket, tossing it onto the back of the seat at her desk as she dropped onto the bed. The room still smelt faintly of Jag, the bed more so. She breathed deeply, remembering how the very smell of him had once been enough to make her melt. She guessed that she had just gotten used to it.

Rolling onto her side, she gazed at the holo of him on the bedside table. Reaching out, she picked it up, gazing into his soft green eyes. Somehow, she didn?t feel the way she once did. What had happened?

Since Kyp had handed Jag Wedge?s orders two days ago, she and Jag had spent as much time together as possible. Yet she had been forced to ?pretend? in more then one way, where she had never had to do that before.

What was wrong with her?

She set the holo back down and stood, pealing off her flight suit and slipping into her sleepwear before putting her comm unit on standby and dropping into her bed, reaching up to switch off her light.

She had just settled down when her door chime rang.

Grunting, she slapped on the light and pulled herself out of bed, throwing on a robe and tying the sash as she crossed to the door, wondering who could be calling this late in the evening. Probably Jacen.

Opening the door, she was surprised to see an official standing there, datapad in hand.

?Jaina Solo??

She nodded. ?That?s me. Why? What?s happened??

The official straightened, looking down

14. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Good thing that doesn't apply here. I don't ever want to marry! Poor Jaina! Stupid Han

15. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    But you must admit, it makes an interesting story. ;)

16. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAN IS HOOKING THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MOST DIABOLICAL SCHEME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MMMMMMMMMMOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh my... this is most definitely getting interesting.

~~Jilly

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Loving this!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

19. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey now, this is getting quite interesting!! :D Sneaky Han, eh? Me like! [face_devil]

Oh, and Chris, that little passage was warped, but it brings back memories of some of the good times I had writing stories about a deranged german custodian and the legions of sewer rats that loved his pants. IEEEEE, rats een pants! :eek:

Yes, I have claimed the title of craziest person in this thread! [face_devil]

Jae Angel

20. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_laugh]OMG![face_laugh]

coughing and laughing don't mix. I have a bad cold thats why.

more soon?

LS

21. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    i have to reply to Chris firsT!

I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY!

he takes things a totally different direction . . . but thats how he is . . .

:D[face_devil]

tjp: ohh now this is getting interesting!

22. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I nearly fell off my chair laughing... this is the best thing I've read in a while!!!! I must have more!

Anna

23. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Oh that's precious!! :D I'd be laughing so hard tight now if my little cousin weren't napping, lol...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can just imagine what Han's got in store for them... [face_devil]

--Den

24. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Uh-huh, Jaina had to pretend in more ways that one, eh? See, you're giving me evidence as to what MJ was talking about, and yes, MJ, I know you must have a dirtier side. ;)

Han wouldn't have to pretend. That's the reason he's pushing Jaina into a marriage too. Since Jag will be gone for such a long time, Han figures Jaina will have to marry and that'll leave Jag all to himself. Little does Han know about his son's vested interest... [face_devil]

The story continues...

Chris

25. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    i do but not like that!!!!

I have been corrupted by the guys at my school . . . but seriously Chris youre starting to scare me!