main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Parade Committee

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Well since we decided to only use these boards I am just making the threads we had over there of importance or of interest.

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I will do the paperwork this week. No word on the trailer, should know this week (wed. I think).

Ron would you be willing to be in charge of getting candy (the club will buy)?

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Like Josh said a couple months ago, we don't want this to be another project we talk up and then put off for so long it never gets done

The By-Laws clearly state that all members (dues paying and non dues paying) need to pull their weight. This Means Eric, Kasey, Marcus, Katy, Josh, Amma, Jolynn, Ron, Dan, and Josh. EVERYONE!

4. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just Currious what is the status

On the Trailer?
    On the Application for the Parade?
    on the Float Ideas?

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I think its clear that whoever was on our committee either has forgotten about it or doesn't care or has no time, so perhaps we should get some other members to commit to working on this.
    I can contribute some time. Eric, if you have heard nothing on the trailer than forget it. We will need to look elsewhere because if we wait too long we aren't going to find one.

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

The trailer isn't going to happen Im tired of waiting, Im sending the application tomorrow..

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Application is printed out, filled out and ready to be mailed.

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The Application was mailed yesterday.

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks Eric. Josh, can you please get those magnetic logos replaced? We will need those.

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Rule #4

"NO CANDY or treats of any kind are to be tossed from any parade entriy, if any entry is doing this they will be pulled from the parade! Treats may be handed to spectators."

This is directly from the application.

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well i talked to my dad he is going to talk with his ex employer about seeing if we can borrow it. I also called Tates rents to rent a 18ft flat bed is 70.00 for a 24 hour period so if we picked up at 1 pm before the parade we would have it till 1:pm on saturday.

But remember this is before the cost of decorations, and candy.

Maybe we can get some memebers to Donate as much as 5.00 - 10.00 to get the Trailer. We also might be able to get some CIV figs to help with the cost.

C3 figs paid for shirts this might help.

I think we need to plan a couple weekends to be working on the float before the parade so we can have what ever we are doing done. I will bring up more infor at the May meeting.

12. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    That rocks man! Thanks for getting that taken care of...I thought we were out of luck for sure.

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well me and Kasey went and Looked at the Trailer that my Dads friend is going to let us borrow it is a flat bed between 10-12 feet long this will be perfect for us he is going to allow us to pick it up a week before the parade so we can make sure it gets all the decorations on it we want.

I think when we are all done we should give Bruce the owner a Card we can get it at the 1.00 store but just a thank you from all of us.

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I talked a little bit with Brandon and Rob and i am going to set up a more specfic time to try and secure Vader and han solo and Leia for the float Brandon even said if someone wanted to use his anakin skywalker costume to let him know.

15. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Nice. We should try and get someone to do it.

16. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I got a hitch which fits my truck, except its too short, so I can't tighten it. I need another 2-inch with a longer screw section. I will return in to Walmart in the next couple days to see if I can get a longer one.

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Got the new hitch! It fits great and will pull up to 3500lbs, so I think we're good! I have greentime at work today, but I'm forcing myself not to take it. Need the $$$

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Any word on other participants who will be in costume?

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    not yet i will prob go to a ichidan meeting and talk before the rehersal or after.

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    When are their meetings usually scheduled?

21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    For those who didn't know, I got in touch with Ken Pierson of the 501st. He looks to be the only trooper left in Boise...which is truly sad. Anyway, after talking with him, he said he'd love to help us out in the parade! So we've got a stormtrooper!
    I've also contacted Barry with the information and asked if he might be able to come down since he's Rebel Legion and has a great X-wing pilot uniform. Who knows, he might bring along some of his friends if he comes. I promised Barry a place to stay and some food, which I'm willing to provide. JOSH- I also mentioned our horror project, and if he does come down we will plan on filming that weekend to use his make-up skills.
    Thanks!

22. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    i e-mailed the parade commision and asked for a update on our application.

23. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Have we decided what we're doing for the Bantha or are we waiting to finalize that in June? It might be prudent to do that before some of us leave to California. I think the sooner we get this thing rolling the better. I am e-mailing Josh about the magnets that still haven't been replaced. We need to get those soon!

24. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well me met and discussed costs and such tonight and decided that we should set a budget of $60 for the parade. Given we need supplies for the float, candy and other such things, this seemed like a reasonable cost level. We also have $20 coming to us from Josh to replace our magnetic signs, which we'll probably just buy some magnetic strip at Lowes and go the cheap route. Selling figures from CIV will also help cover the costs. We also discussed having a BBQ that night at my place to thank all of those in attendance. If everyone pitched in a couple bucks, the club would be looking at very little cost towards something like this. We will discuss this more at the meeting.

25. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well we are official got a reply today saying we were in the parade.

You're entered, more info to follow
    see you at the parade
    Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.