main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    The Pats got a steal with their first pick (Vince Wilfork, taken in first round - #21 overall). He was expected to go in the top 15 at least, and many teams had him rated in the top 10. He's drawn comparisons to Warren Sapp.

The rest of the draft was pretty ho-hum. I'm baffled why they didn't take any offensive linemen, what with the lack of depth there.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It's good that they picked up some like that for the Def. line. Filling Washington's shoes will be tough (no pun intended) but if this guy is as good of a player as Sapp used to be before he became a loudmouth showoff, then he ought to do nicely.

I'm baffled why they didn't take any offensive linemen, what with the lack of depth there.

Weren't there a couple of rookies on the Off. line last year? They may not have been the best in the league but considering the injuries the team had I thought they did pretty good. A year's worth of experience should help them this year, if they return.

3. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Weren't there a couple of rookies on the Off. line last year? They may not have been the best in the league but considering the injuries the team had I thought they did pretty good. A year's worth of experience should help them this year, if they return.

Yeah, but the problem is, there's no one behind them. After the starting five (Light, Andruzzi, Koppen, Hochstein and Ashworth) the only lineman we have are Brandon Gorin, Wilbert Brown and the perenially-injured Stephen Neal.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
  5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Has anyone seen what the Patriots' new Superbowl Championship rings look like? They are HUGE!!!

6. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    All I can say about those rings is: WOW!!!

7. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I can't imagine wearing a ring that big.

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Imagine wearing two of them. The Pats have the two biggest championship rings ever.

9. Alderaan_Viceroy

Alderaan_Viceroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Better be a big ring, you aint winning anymore for a long time...LOL!!!

Seriously, what would the Dolphin/Patriot rivalry be without Good natured trash talk ?

See you in a few months Patriot fans!!!

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Maybe we should keep the trash talk out of this forum this year. There's threads in Community you can use.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    as a longtime Cowboys fan, I must admit...that I am still scared of NE.

Especially if Ty Law stays.

I honestly would not be shocked to see the Pats win another Ring.

12. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Speaking of rings, did you guys see the size of the rings the Patriots got this year? OH MY!

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Speaking of rings, did you guys see the size of the rings the Patriots got this year? OH MY!

I've got a link to the article in my previous post above.

Seriously, what would the Dolphin/Patriot rivalry be without Good natured trash talk ?

Good natured trash talk makes things interesting but your posts during the 2003 season show that you're only interested bringing your own brand of ignorance when you visit this thread Alderaan_Viceroy.

14. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    ^^^^ It seems there is ignorance in your posts too...

15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You've been warned about coming here and starting trouble.Let me make this as clear as I can..... Nobody here likes you.Nobody here wants to talk to you.

Get lost you piece of garbage.

Clear enough for you?

16. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    Piece of Garbage? Sounds like a compliment...

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You really are an imbecile. [face_plain]

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It seems there is ignorance in your posts too...

The things I said in my post aren't a sign of ignorance because whether you want to believe it or not they are TRUE!!!

As Ryno stated you have been asked not to post in this thread because of your rude comments and immature behavior and if reporting you to a Mod is needed to accomplish this I assure you that can be arranged.

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    OK, why don't we go back to talking about the Pats?

20. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Good idea.

Not much new happening, other then Bruschi getting signed to an extension (very good news).

21. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That is good news.

22. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I Love Brusci! Anyone see that awesome photo that boston.com had of him sailing through the air over some linemen? He must have been about six feet of the ground, he is so cool! Just lives and breathes the essence of the patriots.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It'll be great to see the Pats in action next season. Coming off of the Superbowl win with the addition of a RB like Corey Dillon and the "change of heart" from Ty Law can only mean good things for the Pats this year.

24. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Yeah for the Pats!!!!! :)

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    In case anyone's interested, that gut that streaked across the field during the Superbowl was found guilty today and could face 6 months in jail and/or $2000 fine. Here's the article from a UK paper from when it happened giving the nod to Matt Chatham for coming up with the big tackle. It was funny but I'm glad Matt put an end to it how and when he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.