main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson PHOENIX MS "WALK ON THE WILD SIDE"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    we have had a formal invite from the DSG for this event now. It is going to be held on April 8th.. and yes.. we had planned our own event for this date.. so we need to definitely discuss this at the Feb meeting.. in any event this event has about 4,000 people involved in participants and volunteers. I am thinking we might want to really consider changing the date of our event to make this event.

and then invite the DSG to join us for the RELAY FOR LIFE event.. or the March of Dimes event.. but I won't say that for sure until I go to the meeting on this wed.

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hmmm, this is really a double-edged sword. We want to support the DSG and we want to have a food drive.

We will really need everyone to show up at the Feb 4th meeting to discuss this.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Is this another over-nighter, are we going to have to stay friday night for an early start Sat morning? If so i can probably go, as long as I can come back home in time to get ready for my sons b-day

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not sure of the time.. though I think it was posted.. I will double check and let you know at the meeting.

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I can't make it, but if anyone wants to go Tie, let me know.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    just so everyone knows.. I am going to try and get my surgery done in march so I don't miss this walk.. I could even try and walk some of it.. as that is what the rehab is supposed to be for me.. walking and water therapy... sure would have preferred to get the surgery in sept.. but guess the masses have spoken and I guess I will have to listen and follow. I sure better be up and moving and well in a hurry though... I really don't have time for this.. there is too much to do and I want to do all of it.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    This was a great event. I had a really awesome time!! You guys are as always incredible.. I hope you don't ever get used to hearing it.. because as time goes on and we continue to do events I always worry we will become complacent in our attitudes.. it is so nice to see that so far, through it all.. we keep on feeling the same gusto for each event that we do. I am so honored that the DSG calls us friends and that we have them as our friends as well.. I can not imagine a better group of people all around the TFF and DSG that I would rather hang out and abuse my body with on a weekend!!

8. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Good, you're alive. ;)

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    We didn't let her walk.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] I did attempt it.. I used my walker to walk around the tent area with Debbie (who just happened to stay behind to take pictures of the walkers coming into the finish line) collecting various mementos on the event.. by the time I was finished with the tent area and was supposed to be heading out (sneaking off) to the actual trail I was hurting already.. so I took the cue from my body and got off my feet.

11. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005

That's good Honey...I'm glad that you "listened" to your body...that makes me happy:) ...just remember to tell yourself that if you hurt yourself you will have to have more surgery and I know you don't want that again:D
    I only say this because I care[face_love] :* [face_love] :*

I'm glad you all had a good time...don't be to hard on Bly, Frank...I'm sure you'll get him to where he is a "comfort" to be in...Dustin paid the price during the Katrina fundraiser due to the armor he wore...not to mention the shoes he wore with it

Eventually I will be able to take time off of work and do a Phoenix event and believe me I wish I could've been there but that's how it goes

TTYL

12. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm glad to hear that the event went well! (and that Cat is still alive! ;) )

13. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Next time, we put crazy glue on the seat of the wheelchair. [face_devil]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    LOL very funny.. but that wouldn't be good because the doctor has instructed me to WALK for my PT Everyday. Everyone for some reason wants to forget that. Besides unless I sat in the chair nude and you put the glue on my skin it would not hold me.. I could just climb out of my pants and still get out of the wheelchair, and don't think I wouldn't. :D

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    There's an image that would certainly draw the media at our next event.

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
  17. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    it says we have to login to look at them... :(

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Stupid web site! Somebody want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Wait! I may have it figured out:confused: . Try again.[face_praying]

19. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    Go to your account options and choose the make public option.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    very nice!! you need to load them on the TFF photobucket site as well..

21. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Looks like you guys had a blast! Wow Cat in that picture you can really tell you have lost some weight great job! Ummmm ok flame me but who is the girl supposed to be? How many people actually made the walk in armor?

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    which girl are you referring too.. I think you mean Jen.. the one with long red hair.. she is a member of the DSG and she is their Mara Jade.

23. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Good pictures! It looks like the event was a lot of fun!

24. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Fun and educational

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah, Jawas lack body armor(and the "kisses" that accompany said armor).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.