main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Photos from The Line

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    So When you gonna have the photos up from yesterday??? Huh Huh I wanna know....

:D

Red 5 Out

2. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i keep seeing all these photos and stuff and i'm nearly being driven nuts that i can't be sitting up there in line...i'm hoping i'll get to come up there at least once sometime soon...it just looks like so much fun.

3. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
  4. fu-Q

fu-Q Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    jesus christ! Don't tell me you people are THIS bored with your lives!

I'm as much of a fan as any of you but this is ridiculous! I can promise you that I will have tickets and good seats to the first DLP showing at the Legacy without all of this waiting.

Before anyone replies, I don't care what excuses you may have. I think you are a tard. Doing this for charity... uh huh, I'd hide under that same rock if I were this pathetic.

Robert Whenshell
    Dallas, TX

5. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
  6. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    That's nice you're concerned about our well-being and all, but I think it's more about having fun and meeting other Star Wars fans than purely waiting in line for tickets.

Strange how other people enjoying themselves seems to irritate you immensely.

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    How bored with their "life" must someone be to take the time to log on and troll on a family forum?

Thanks for playing...buh-bye! [face_plain]

8. Shy_Gon_Jin

Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    You know Robert I don't want to say that you are right or wrong in your perspective. I would just say that it is limited in that it seems to suggest that you have it all figured out and we don't. Whatever my motive is I can assure that I don't have life figured out. I go out there and talk and share about something I enjoy. And I also get lots of imput, by way glances, shouts, smerks, etc..., about why this is stupid, crazy, a waste of time, pathetic, etc... and sometimes I even think that the people that say these things are stupid, crazy, and wasting their time and energy in judging. I think that may be the bottom line. I won't waste my energy in saying that you are wrong. I would say that you might see things differently if you actually came out. Not that you will or that you should. I have found myself saying on more than one occasion saying, "I am really having a good time." and other times I have felt bored. I don't think that this is much different than the vices you choose.

Dennis

9. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i got angry saturday...i had an okay on permission to go up to the theater and everything like that but i had no ride...i probably could have gotten a ride if my friend had called her mom cause i know that she probably would have taken us up there but no she refused to call her mother and now i if i ever find a ride up there and i can go, i don't think i'm going to take here with me....she wouldn't even ask and we were sitting around at my house bored out of our minds and she wouldn't even ask!...fairy stupid excuse for not asking too!...sorry i had to do my random angry rant becuase i just really want to go up to the legacy...though one of my other friends said that he went to go see a movie up at legacy sat. afternoon and said that he saw nobody up there...didn't know much to tell him rather than "why didn't you ask me to come?!" even if i wouldn't have gone to see the movie he went to see

10. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    For trolls...

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here."

11. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    LOL Brandon :D

12. FAH_CUE

FAH_CUE Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Alright, who was the crybaby who had my account banned? And to think I was actually giving you guys more credit than those guys up in Seattle! If you go and check http://www.waitingforstarwars.com you'll see that these dorks can at least roll with the punches they receive. Obviously you guys are the kind of dorks that can't handle being called dorks. Personally, I could care less if you call me a dork because if I even cared what you thought, I would still be secure enough with myself to not let some guy bother me.

Let me guess, you guys are going to whine and have this account banned. That's fine. Let me guess, next you'll try to say that I can't see Ep2 at the Legacy. Feel free to try!

Dorks.

Rob W.

Almost forgot, you know what bugs me more than geeks waiting in line for a movie? People who use crap like "lol" or "brb" or any of those stupid "net" abbreviations! Marababe, YEAH RIGHT! HA! Try Marahag! Don't get me wrong, this is purely speculation and you may very well be the "babe" you claim to be... what the hell am I saying! I feel pretty confident in saying YEAH RIGHT!

*EDIT*
    Shy_Gon: Well said and point taken. Though, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. Does this make me a *insert naughty word here*? Probably, I don't care though.

Am I bored enough with my life to spend 30 to 45 minutes "trolling" a family forum? Well, yeah I guess I am that bored. Damn, you got me.

That brings up another point, if this is a family forum? Why are there only dorks here?

Edit: The user names are offensive, abusive language isn't helping, nor is coming back as a sock.

13. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
  14. Darth_Snoogans

Darth_Snoogans Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah...I totally can't see why you got your account frozen. Someone as eloquent and charming as yourself. If your account was frozen, I'd say you got off lucky. Does stuff like this happen often?

(I don't mean accounts getting frozen...I mean, jerks comin' in here and flinging mud.)

15. FAH_CUE

FAH_CUE Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I doubt I got off lucky, I'm sure the "Jedi" are on their way to my place to negotiate a peace treaty!

dorks!

Rob W.

16. Darth_Snoogans

Apr 18, 2002
    Wow. You're really broken up about this "account being frozen stuff" huh? Who are these "dorks" you're talking about?

17. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Image being so bored with your life that you have to sign-up, log on, and then blast other people for being who they are. Take at look at yourself, and then cast the first stone. It seems to me, Rob that there was no need for you to post such items, if you hate us and what we stand for than....do not log-on!
    Oh, do not prove how small minded for a person you by replying, we get the picture.
    "Don't drive me to the dark side, drive yourself."
    PS, great photos guys, sorry I cannot be out there! Finals and all! Keep up the fun!
    old-master has spoken...

18. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I like how these people think that just because they can (possably) get a ticket early, to the first showing that he thinks he will be able to cut in line in front of us to get "good seats"

LOL

19. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Ugh! Troll bogeys!

20. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    You know normaly I just ignore "little boys" whos mommy bought them a computer to play with so they won't bug em. What you are saying and doing is very childished. You think you know it all , but you don't have a clue.

On second thought, I'll just ignore you.

21. Darth_Snoogans

Apr 18, 2002
    Man, he never replied back. My point exactly...I was out there Saturday night as people made snide comments and drove by or people walking by laughed and made some kinda dumb joke under their breath. It pissed me off at first....but then I had to laugh. I laughed because none of them had any strength in their convictions. None of them came right up to any of us face to face and said "You guys are dorks." Because they were only doing something to gain acceptance of someone else. Someone they were with. And because we were folks who were not afraid of ridicule....and were doing what we wanted to do....we were called names. Much like this FAH CUE or however he spells it. He's obviously the most courageous guy on the internet. Prolly some push over in real life with a grudge against the world. What's he gettin' outta calling people "dorks"....who knows? Probably just another poor helpless soul displacing his anger or something. People like that, you gotta do what Mara says...ignore them. Wisest thing in the world. Unfortunately, that's easier for me to say than do. I don't dig when people front out on my homies.

And what was his logic behind his message? Because he had tickets to the first showing that we were all dorks? Well hey, sport. I got passes to the media screening. I'm still out at the line when I can be. Having tickets or not having tickets has nothing to do with just being a decent person. And I have a great time out there. Can't wait to go back.

22. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    I'm sorry, was there a troll in here? *snort*

Y'know, I've been called worse than a dork or geek...and I just let it go. It's a shame that so many people clung to their little label guns after puberty ( after toddlerhood, for that matter! ) just to make their life a little more manageable. Maybe they don't see a lot of couples out at the line, the toy stores, etc, and figure that alone makes them easy targets. *shrug* I wonder if any these sheep with their label guns say these things to the parents, or to the "beautiful people" who happen to be proud to be SW fans.

( Someone in another thread here mentioned a couple buying SW toys at WalMart in Bedford. If the guy was kinda stocky, going bald and had a slight beard, and the lady was a knock-em-out-gorgeous and totally hot brunette, and they were both cuttin-up goofy funny, congratulations! You met a couple of friends of mine from Grapevine! They LOVE their SW and are unashamed! Let the labellers tag THEM! )

Hey, that was nice to see me and Robbie in a couple of pics from Saturday evening. Too bad we missed the saber duels; Robbie would have gone bonkers, grabbed a saber and joined the fray! ( Which he does regularly at home, often to my detriment! )

See y'all soon--

Bri

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I've always found it amusing that in our culture 'cool' is supposed to be not caring what others think, being original and breaking the mold BUT whenver someone actually does that, they're labeled geeks etc.

Maybe he's right, I need to be cooler <runs out to buy clothes at Old Navy and a Britney Spears album>

24. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I have to agree with Darth Snoogans here. The first few days that I was out there, the comments kinda got to me, but I've grown a bit of a thicker skin for a couple of reasons:

1- For every "geek" comment, I've given a raito of about five "that's pretty cool" comments.

2- Raising money for charity helps keep the temper at bay, and diffuses quite a few arguments with people.

3- I've got bigger fish to fry than stupid people who don't "get it".

I think that my lovely fiance said it best when we first got together. Upon learning of my love of Star Wars and film in general, she said that she didn't get it at first, but then realized that she wasn't very fanatical about anything, so that was why. I guess that is the case with most of the people that make comments from the safety of a moving vehicle.

And as far as a guy who decides to try to spell profane phrases differently to be so negative: try some decaf, man. Seriously.

We've taken care of infiltrating Sith Lords in the past; we'll do it again. THIS I HAVE SPOKEN!

<servant strikes loud gong>

Ow. Man that thing makes my head hurt.

25. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    [face_plain] Let's set the record straight, son...

26. First off, Rob W, the user name(s) you have chosen are the primary reasons the moderators of this forum have decided to lock your accounts, as per the terms of service you must not have cared enough to read.

27. Second, anyone who abides by the rules is free to post on the forum, even if they disagree with what we're doing, etc. We don't own this forum, and must abide by the rules of our hosts. They want a family-friendly forum, so that's the structure we have to deal with. So, you have no one to blame but yourself if your posted content/username/etc. are considered inappropriate.

28. Third, if you really want to check out a couple STAR WARS-related forums where you can spew as much peurile venom and have as much thrown back at you as you can stomach, send me a private message or e-mail me and I'll send you the link. Hope you have thick skin, though, those places can be a little rough...I've had fun getting in there and holding my own in a no-holds-barred environment, just beware...

29. Fourth, this group was set up to meet in real life, to get together for social events. Come to some of our events, get to know us better and see what you think then. STAR WARS is our common ground, but we've got a wide variety of other interests and professions.

30. Do You honestly think all we do is sit around 24/7 drooling and talking about STAR WARS ?[face_plain]

[face_laugh] Don't fool yourself into judging a book by the little peek you've had at its cover...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.