main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End

[image=http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/object/570/570328/ff_pirates_object_468.jpg]

"To find it, you must sail to the ends of the earth and beyond"
    -Tia Dalma, Dead Man's Chest

Welcome, welcome one and all to At The World's End, my second crack at the Pirates genre, started especially to celebrate the release of Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." I've learned a lot of my previous Pirates game "Live the Life!" and am rather confident all the previous troubles have been excised from my game structure and that this will top my old record in the genre.

And I'm honored to announce that this game will feature the exclusive talent of our very own NaboosPrincess as my Co-GM. Her role will serve as a compliment for mine, answering tags and supplimenting for game oversight. I am still very open to having another co-GM on my team, so all those interested, be sure to PM me or tag it on to your character sheet. I will be choosing the best qualified candidate for the job, so do feel free to include reasons why you feel you will be good for the job.

This game is explicitly created as a sequel to Dead Man's Chest. If you haven't seen the movie, you may be a tad confused. If you are interested, but haven't seen it, the game proper won't be starting for another few days. So you have some time to enter. And I will be allowing players to join whenever we are at port. So if you miss the cut-off, you can always join in down the line.

[u][b]The Story - Avast, Here there be Spoilers![/b][/u]

It is a dark time in the Caribbean.

Captain Jack is dead. Lord Beckett mounts a ruthless campaign to wipe piracy from existance. The Black Pearl lies at the bottom of the Atlantic.

And Davy Jones, Lord and Master of the Sea, is held as a slave to whims of the British Navy.

But even here, light remains...

The old crew of the Black Pearl, under the leadership of Captain Barbossa, have arrived just recently at Tortuga.

Their mission, to rescue Jack Sparrow's soul and shake the East India Company's iron grip on the High Seas...

But how to do this?

They will need a crew first...

All the while, unbeknownst to them, Beckett ever plots, now with his newfound ally, [i]Admiral[/i] Norrington at his side...

The newest requisition of personnel from England has arrived at Port Royale...

But what to do with such devices?

[hr]
    [u][b]Gameplay[/b][/u]

I'm envisioning this game as having two factions, namely the Pirates and the British. Each will be handled by different characters. The Pirate faction shall be headed by Barbossa, and the British, Beckett and Norrington.
    [color=#0000bb][b]
    This is a franchise game, so canon players can and will be accepted. Exceptions and rules to this are as follows:[/b][/color]

[u]Characters Claimed or Restricted[/u]

Sparrow - Restricted due to his fate

Barbossa - Claimed (GM)
    Lord Beckett - Claimed (GM)
    Davy Jones - Claimed (GM)
    Elizabeth Swann - Claimed (co-GM)

[u]Characters Reserved for Quality Players - You know who you are[/u]

[i]*I will assign the best (wo)man for the job to the characters, giving first come first serve some weight. It might be wise, if applying for such characters, to have a backup sheet ready. Applicants will be notified within two days of their approval or rejection.[/i]

Will Turner
    Norrington
    Tia Dalma

[u]Open Canon Characters[/u]

Gibbs
    Ragetti
    Pintell
    Marty
    Cotton and Parrot

And the rest will have to be original characters, again, from either the Pirate or British factions...

[u]Placement Rules Also Apply[/u]

Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, Tia, Gibbs, Ragetti, Pintell, Marty, and Cotton all start off in one group as leads in the Pirate faction

Jones, Norrington, and Beckett will start off in another as leads in the British faction

British and Pirate OCs will also start off in their own placements

***Mor

2. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    ***Approved***

Name: Victoria Roberts

Alias: Rats Roberts

Nationality: born Brittish (but she is a pirate)

Hair Color / Style: long brown kept in a ponytail.

Eye Color: green/brown (the colored part of her eyes are green on the outside, brown on the inside closest to the pupil.

Skin Color: deep tan

Clothing: loose but modest natural color blouse, baggy brown pants, black knee-high boots, brown and blue vest.

Weapons: dagger in right boot, sword at her left side, pistol at her right side.

Home Town: London

Bio / History: Victoria was born in London to a poor family on the outskirts of London. One day, their home burned down, and she was orphaned, left to herself on the streets. She learned how to steal food and other needed items, and her only friends were the rats that lived in the same alley she claimed for her own home.

One day when she was about 15 years old, she stowed away aboard a ship at the docks, not knowing it was a pirate ship. She had been caught, but allowed to live. Since then, she'd been a pirate, one of her rat friends keeping her company all this time.

She currently has herself for hire on any ship that needs a crew, so long as they accept her pet rat that stays in a pocket in her vest when it is not on her shoulder.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    **GM Approved**

Name: John Ligdenburg
    Alias: Too-Tall
    Nationality: American
    Hair Color / Style: Long and black, pulled back into a ponytail.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Skin Color: Tan complexion
    Clothing: Typical pirate outfit
    Weapons: A single pistol
    Home Town: St. Augustine
    Bio / History:

Standing at six feet and five inches tall, John Ligdenburg, more commonly known by his comrades as "Too-Tall" due to his grand height, has always been one of the more average pirates. This is not to say that he is unworthy of serious duty, he has just not had a sufficient amount of opportunities in the past to hone his skills as a swift raider and excellent marksman.

One of the more quiet members of his new crew, Too-Tall usually keeps to himself during debates, unless he strongly feels that he needs to intervene. Being a pirate all of his life, he has a great many stories to tell. Obviously they cannot all be told without expending a large amount of time, but there is a shorter tale worth mentioning.

During a raid at a small port just South of his birth home, Too-Tall, at the age of twenty-one, was joining a group of fellow pirates raiding a small jewelry shop. They had gotten what they came for, every valuable object within reach, and were headed out of the front door. Too-Tall was looking behind himself at the time, allured by the attraction of a present female. As he was running out the door, his face slammed into the wall above the exit, and his height became a burden. He was knocked unconscious, and captured by the British Navy shortly thereafter.

In his cell, Too-Tall was treated to rotten eggs and stale bread that flies seemed to fancy. However, his escape was easy. A window was high on the dark wall of his cell, placed there by the builders thinking that a prisoner would never be able to reach it. Thanks to Too-Tall's height and jumping capabilities, he proved them wrong. It was a tight fit, but he made it out, and shortly afterwards reunited with his crew.

Since then, he has gone about his normal pirate business, working as a loyal crew member and sitting out debates, which were beginning to occur on a more frequent basis.

4. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Name: Jonas Risk
    Alias: Shadow
    Nationality: American
    Hair Color / Style: Long straight black hair, down to his shoulders
    Eye Color: Dark Blue
    Skin Color: Tan
    Clothing: Brown cotton jacket, White collared undershirt. Brown baggy pants.
    Weapons: 2 pistols holstered both on the right side. I cutlass on the right side. 6 throwing daggers holstered using a shoulder strap. 1 rifle on his back.
    Home Town: Richmond, Virginia
    Bio / History: Jonas was born to a mother that was known as an "easy" woman around town on the island of Tortupa. She worked in a bar as a "hostess". She had a very wild couple of nights with a pirate captain and wound up pregnant.

When Jonas was born his father was of course no were to be seen. His mother had to do a lot more "dirty work" to earn end's meet. When he was 8 Jonas began working at the docks, being paid to unload goods for any ship that came in. Life was very hard for Jonas and his mother, so much that when Jonas was 12 she commited suicide. Jonas was taken in by the owner of the bar. He worked as a cleaning boy and saw the terrible side of pirates.

One night when Jonas was 18, a pirate picked a fight with him. Jonas pulled out a sword and stabbed the pirate. As the pirate slipped off the blade. Jonas turned to the rest of the pirates and spoke.

"You all had better hope that you are hung before I get to you with authority to kill you. Because I will make it slow, and I will not stop until every single pirate is dead."

Jonas wiped off the pirates sword and walked out the bar door and into a life of vengeance. He trained himself to be an excellent swordsman and a dead eye with any type of gun.

Now Jonas is looking to exact his revenge on every pirate he sees and is hoping the British Empire will help him along the way.

5. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Current Players

*'s by there names are folks that are approved, but haven't posted sheets

Pirates

- * Captain Barbossa (I_H)
    - * Elizabeth Swann (NP)
    - * Kacia Andreakos (NP)
    - Victoria Roberts (Marna Veign)
    - John Ligdenburg (Reynar Tedros)
    - * Patrick Guiness (DVC)

British
    - * Lord Cutler Beckett (I_H)
    - * Davy Jones (I_H)
    - * James Norrington (Jello)
    - * Ashton Rackham (BLemelisk)
    - Jonas Risk (ScaPaCarmen)

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Name: James Norrington, KBE
    Faction: Royal Navy
    Clothing: Bicorne hat, admiral's jacket, silk cravat, stockings, boots, and standard uniform apparel.
    Weapons: HMS Britannia, a flintlock pistol, and an officer's sabre
    Home Town: Stratford upon Avon, southeast London
    Bio / History:
    Early in his career, Lieutanant James Norrington served Governor Weatherby Swann as an aide during their first passage to Port Royal on the colony of Jamaica. During this voyage, they came across a decidingly irritating young man named Turner. He was rescued, of course, and quickly become inconsequential.

Under the governor's service, Norrington prospered as the captain of HMS Dauntless, a third-rate that served as the main defense of the port. It was after his promotion to commodore that Norrington felt himself worthy to seek the hand of the beautiful Elizabeth Swann, who's breeding and pedigree would enhance his own career prospects. Circumstances intervened to prevent him from winning her hand or her heart, but he gallantly stood aside to help her and her friends in their time of need.

Unfortunately, this drove him to a more single-minded pursuit of his duties. If he could not win in an affair of the heart, then he should clearly persist in what he was best at, that of honor. While pursuing a pirate vessel known as the Black Pearl, Norrington's ship was caught in a dreadful hurricane and he was obliged to prematurely retire.

Now, however, he has managed to regain his career with a bit of luck and ingenuity. Perhaps ruthlessness played a part in it, but it's all for the greater good. He likes to think that he wasn't harming those he once protected, but acting in their better interests.

ADMIRAL Sir James Norrington now leads the British armada en route to the Caribbean to reimpose order and ensure that British imperial investments are secured. His fleet is headed by HMS Britannia, a 100-gun first-rate ship of the line.

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    GM approved Pirate Character Sheet of Amazement

Name: Connor Blake
    Alias: N/A
    Nationality: British
    Hair Color / Style: Ragged black hair.
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Caucasian + tanned.
    Clothing: Hates hats, so there's a distinct lack of one. Simple loose comfortable clothing, with a heavy dark green overcoat he took from a rifleman he wears whenever not under the heavy sun.
    Weapons: Saber, British musket, pistol. Often caries a dagger in his boot, in addition.
    Home Town: Essex
    Bio / History: Press-ganged into the British marine's red jacket before he was 18, Connor served the Crown, eventually becoming a sergeant. Standing up for one of his men to a ship's captain, Blake was flogged mercilessly, and the man executed. Soon afterwards, he deserted...or tried, at any rate. He was caught and hung, left for dead. He somehow managed to survive, though the marks on his neck still haven't faded over the years, merely adding to his already heavily scarred appearance. As the Navy wasn't looking for him, as they thought he was dead, he set out to start a new life in the Carribean.

Looking for work, he moved from ship to ship, sometimes working as a hired gun, but slowly picking up more and more sailing skills all while feeling more and more at home on the sea. He wound up on the pirate sloop Revenge under Captain Stewart, serving as the crew's boatswain.

He eventually went his seperate way, as most of the crew ended up moving on. Blake is currently looking for new work--which is becoming harder and harder to find as the Crown places Carribean under a more forceful grip.

8. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    GM APPROVED

Pirate Character Sheet
    Name: Auryn Britt
    Alias: none
    Nationality: Spansih decent, grew up in Tortuga
    Hair Color / Style: Long, thick, black. Usually worn in a braid and various feathers and beads weaved within it. Occasionally wairs it down.
    Eye Color: Green
    Skin Color: Olive
    [image=http://www.vildmedmobil.dk/subs/billeder/4/6/imgs/zorro-catherine-zeta-jones.jpg]
    Clothing: Think this picture, minus the hat
    [image=http://www.costumesbyscavenge.com/images/inchar/1024.jpg]
    Weapons: A delicate scabbared with amazing gold details down the blade. The handle has many jewels as well as being made of interwining gold. It is a family heirloom, and Auryn, being taught by her father, is quite deadly with it.
    Home Town: Tortuga
    Bio / History: Auryn's life had always been rough, even before her birth. Daughter of a spanish Pirate and a hooker from Tortuga, she grew up with almost nothing. From the day she was born, to the day her mother died (when she was 8), Auryn lived practically on her own... her mother ignoring her. On her death bed, Scarlett Britt told her daughter who her father was suspected of being. A well known pirate who came to the island quite offten. Although the woman didn't know for certian, Auryn looked too much like the man to not be his. She then died, leaving only a sack of gold and a few belongings to Auryn.

Auryn sold everything of her mother's and waited for Captian Diego Montoya to arive at the port. The eight year old sat in the rain for two days, and, just as she was about to give up, the man's ship arrived.

Instantly, Captian Montoya knew. Without any question, he took the girl on with him, forcing her to dress as a boy so that the men on the ship would not feel cursed. Overtime, Auryn had become a master of swordplay and could best almost any man.

By the time she was 17, her father had alowed her to dress as she wanted, and the men on the Spanish Heart had gotten used to the idea of a woman on their ship.

Then, one day, when Auryn was 18, Deigo left her behind on Tortuga, claiming his next journy was too dangerous for her... that he was sailing to the end of the earth.

Auryn waited... and waited, yet he never came back. Finally, on her 20th birthday, she decided to go after him. She asked many captians to help her, but none would do so... especially for a woman.

Now, on her wits end, she searches despritly for a ship to the end of the earth.

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Pirate Sheet

Name: Patrick Guiness
    Alias: Patty, Lucky Pat, Whessy Pat (Whessy is simply an Irish slang term for a Drunk.)
    Nationality: Irish
    Hair Color / Style: light red, cut short and messy
    Skin Color: White
    Clothing: Large leather "pirate" boots, baggy brown cotton pants (tucked into boots), Long sleeved white buttoned shirt, top three buttons undone and sleeves rolled up to elbows.
    Weapons: Ornate Cutlass, German Blunderbuss/Boarding Axe combo weapon (Essentially a Boaring axe built with a blunderbuss as a handle), Twin Spanish Pistols.
    Home Town: Dublin
    Bio / History:

Born to a poor dockhand and a waitress, Pat grew up far from the riches he always craved. He turned to thievery at a young age, not more than seven years old, and after much practice became a skilled pickpocket and con artist. But, his wants out grew that which the Dubliner's kept in thier pockets.
    He had always been fascinated with the ships his father worked on the docks, especially the large Sailing ships the navys and Pirates used...though no one spoke of the later. In fact, the only people that would speak of the pirates, of the great Queen Anne and her villanious crew, were the drunks. In order to hear the stories, Pat would routienly sneak into the local Pubs and Taverns and have a few rounds with the men, and listen to their glorious tales of Piracy and Adventure. He longed for that life.
    And it came to him, by luck, which he always seemed to have, one night as he stumbled from O'Malley's Dockyard Pub. A 17 year old in a Drunken Haze, it seemed to him the best thing to do was to sleep. Which he did, right where he stood. Oddly enough, he had wandered abord a pirate ship, The Queen Anne's Lesser, a rather unremarkable ship that sailed under Queen Anne's flag. It was aboard the ship that he learned how to be a pirate, how to sail, and most of all, how to drink.
    He sailed for many years on the Lesser, and learned all he could from her Captain and crew. It was then that Luck took him in another direction. The warm Waters of the Caribbean.
    There he sailed under various flag and captain for a good many years, before washing up on Tortuga after a botched Mutany he hand nothing to do with. One minute, he lay passed out on the floor, vomiting after a long night of drinking, and the next the Captain was sending him and a good many others off the plank. With not but what he had on him, he started the long swim to a barely visible land mass. He arrived, and never left, preferring to spend what plunder he had left on drinks and more drinks. But, it seems he luck has finally taken a turn, as he is now without gold, reputation, or even drink, and not a change of a boat sailing in sight. Hopefully, he luck will turn...and soon.

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Pirate Character Sheets

Name: Elizabeth Swann
    Clothing: Depending on the event, either very formal, as befits the daughter of a governor, or rough pirate gear.
    Weapons: Feminine charm and intelligence, not to mention decent sword fighting ability
    Home Town: Port Royal, Jamaica
    Bio / History: Elizabeth is the daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. As a young girl on her way to Port Royal, she was present when a youth by the name of Will Turner was pulled onboard her ship from a ocean wreck. Will-- and the ancient Aztec gold he carried -- would have a profound effect on her destiny.

Some years later, Elizabeth was kidnapped by a band of pirates who believed the gold (which she had appropriated from Will without his knowledge) signified that she was the one they needed in order to break a curse. In reality it was Will they needed, but this did not stop them from carrying Elizabeth halfway around the world, with two love struck suitors-- Commodore Norrington and Will Turner-- in pursuit. Her adventures brought her into contact with many pirates, including the famed Captain Jack Sparrow, before she finally arrived home and declined Norrington's offer of marriage in favor of Will Turner.

Unfortunately, Elizabeth and Will never quite made it down the aisle, as their wedding was interrupted by officers with arrest warrants for them both. They were charged with assisting in the escape of a fugitive (Jack Sparrow) and the penalty is death. But the new enforcer in town, Beckett, offered Will a chance at life, provided he track down the infamous pirate. Elizabeth, meanwhile, remained behind, but after suffering the ignominy of several nights in jail, she escaped with the help of her father. Unbeknownst to him, Elizabeth then ran off to find Will. She has grown in sword fighting skills as well as confidence, and easily holds her own against anyone who gets in her way. Unfortunately, one of these people seems to be Jack Sparrow, and Elizabeth is torn between being loyal to a friend who is not entirely trustworthy, or trying to save her fiancé and the rest of the Black Pearl's crew. A bunch of stuff happens, and in the end is she who distracts Jack with a passionate kiss while she shackles his hand to the ship, effectively preventing him from escaping and leaving him at the mercy of Davy Jones' kraken.

Clearly torn with her decision, Elizabeth joins the crew on a trip to the abode of the mysterious Tía Dalma, and agrees to go "to the ends of the Earth" to find Jack and bring him back. The voyage will surely be the biggest and most perilous adventure of her life thus far.

[b]Name:[/b] Kacia Andreakos
    [b]Age:[/b] 17
    [b]Gender:[/b] Female
    [b]Nationality:[/b] Greek
    [b]Hair Color:[/b] Light brown
    [b]Eye Color:[/b] Blue
    [b]Clothing:[/b] Prefers pirate-y, yet still feminine, gear. Wears skirts only about once a year.
    [b]Weapons:[/b] She?s fair with a sword, but her best weapon is her bow
    [b]Home Town:[/b] An unknown small coastal village in Greece
    [b]Bio/History:[/b] Kacia grew up in a small village on the coast of Greece, the youngest of her five brothers and sisters. Her father was a fisherman who used to take her along when he went sailing. In fact, as the baby of the family, she tagged along everywhere and with everyone, from grandparents to cousins. But it was her father who taught her everything he knew about the sea and about life, and when he died in a tragic accident, Kacia was heartbroken. She left home that very night and vowed never to return until she had sailed the world and seen the things he never had the chance to see. Her best friend lent her the money to book passage on a ship carrying immigrants to the new world, where she heard there were many opportunities. No self-respecting navy would allow a lady to join their crew, so she had to take the pirate route, but she liked them better, anyway. Thrilled at being accepted onto the mission to rescue Jack Sparrow, she will now u

11. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Character Sheet: (GM APPROVED)
    Name: Ashton Rackham
    Hair Color / Style: Dark Brown / Straght, worn long and tied in a low ponytail with a dark purple bow. Falls to just above his shoulders when not tied.
    Eye Color: Left eye blue, right eye green
    Skin Color: Caucasian - tanned from the Caribbean sun
    Clothing:
    [image=http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/explorers_history/hornblower.jpg]
    Uniform on the Right
    Weapons: Officer's Sword, Two flintlock pistols, HMS Nereus: Fifth-rate, 32 guns
    Home Town: Boston
    Bio / History: Born to parents made quite wealthy by exploiting the shipping to be made from English Colonial businesses. He was a relative of the infamous "Calico" Jack Rackham who had terrorized vessels in the Atlantic years before.

Growing up as a boy in Boston, he was fascinated with ships and would often explore the docks of the harbor in his spare time. He was befriended by a British navy captain who took him aboard as a midshipman when he was twelve. Steadily and surely he rose through the ranks, passing his Lieutenant's examination and was made First Officer aboard an English warship in the Mid Atlantic.

It was during his station there that he learned of a pirate attack which calimed the life of the captain who had taken him under his wing when he was a boy.

Outraged at this abhorrent turn of events and wishing to clear his family's already-blemished name, Ashton put in a successful transfer request to a high-profile command in the East Indies. Shortly after taking command of a new frigate, the Nereus, he was ordered to hunt down a privateer lurking near Jamaica. After destroying the vessel and bringing the captain back to Port Royale for trial and hanging, the English realized Rackham would be an invaluable asset to their naval security and operations.

A successful captain and leader, he is respected by most in the British military. His name strikes fear into many an amateur or experienced pirate and with good reason, it is said when he captures you, the gallows are your next and last stop.

12. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    My characters....

BTW: Should you have pics and wish not to describe appearances, you may do your sheets like these:

[b]Name: Hector Barbossa[/b]
    Alias: Barbossa
    Nationality: Spanish/Portugese

Appearance: [image=http://www.gabe-e.com/rushes/pictures/barbossa/barbstand.jpg]

Weapons: x2 Pistols, Cutlass
    Home Town: No One Knows

Bio / History: Much of Barbossa's life previous to the Black Pearl remains a mystery. It is believed he was born into the trade of Piracy, his mother and father being Spanish pirates.

Barbossa was the first mate on the Black Pearl, a pirate ship commanded by Captain Jack Sparrow. Barbossa asked Captain Sparrow to tell him the bearings of Isla de Muerte, believed to be a stronghold of Aztec gold; trusting Barbossa, Sparrow told him the location. That night, Barbossa led a mutiny against Sparrow and took over the Black Pearl, leaving Sparrow marooned on an island with a single-shot pistol (presumably with which to commit suicide rather than to die from starvation/loneliness/dehydration). The remaining crew found the Aztec treasure to which Captain Sparrow had been leading them, and shared it among themselves - calling down an ancient Aztec curse in the process. To lift the curse, the crew realized that they must return all the Aztec gold to Isla de Muerta.

Once the coins are finally returned to the chest and the necessary blood repaid, Barbossa lost his immortality and was shot dead by Jack Sparrow (with the same pistol Barbossa had left him when he marooned Sparrow on the island and Barbossa was shot before he became mortal again). Barbossa looks at the blood pouring from the wound, and says that he feels cold, his first feeling since the curse was put upon him.

This was thought to be the last of this wily Pirate, but through some twist of fate, he was resurrected to the world of the living, and now serves as the guide to aid in resurrecting Jack Sparrow as well. Barbossa never travels without the aid of his helpful monkey, Jack.

[hr]
    [b]Name: Cutler Beckett[/b]

Appearance: [image=http://zakath-nath.joueb.com/images/potc1.jpg]

Weapons: None
    Home Town: London, England

Bio / History: Coming into the Caribbean as a relative outsider, not much is known about the ruthless capitalist known as Lord Cutler Beckett. A high Official, some say [i]the[/i] ranking official of the British East India Company, Beckett takes no prisioners in his quest to rid the Caribbean of any threats to the up and coming British Empire. Born in London from his noble lineage, Cutler's life has been one of constant priviledge, power, and influence..... aspects he refuses to have taken away from him, and is determined to aquire more of through his ambitious quest to tame the seas. Beckett now possesses control of Davy Jones, a very powerful immortal, due to James Norrington's aquisition of the monster's heart. Though having not used him yet, Beckett certainly will not let such power lie idle for too long.

[hr]
    And Davy Jones may be coming later, depending on if the player who is interested in playing him stays as such... ;)

-I_H

13. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Pirate Sheet - GM Approved

Name: Thomas Rickard
    Alias: Dead-eye Tom
    Nationality: British-born
    Hair Color / Style: black/short, messy
    Eye Color: hazel
    Skin Color: white (tanned)
    Clothing: Exactly like this
    Weapons: One rapier
    Bio / History: Born and raised in London by his father, Thomas Rickard led the life that most wish for. Wealth flowed like a river, bringing Rickard the finest education money could buy. However, it was never completed; immediately after learning to wield a blade, Rickard abandoned his home in search of adventure. He longed for the open sea, valuing thrill above wealth.
    Thomas Rickard was brilliant with the sword, and knew it. He was also a braggart, as well as short-tempered. An incident within a rough-and-tumble town had left him robbed, beaten, and missing his right eye. This event humbled him somewhat, and he now treads with a lighter foot.

14. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    ***Current Players***

*'s by there names are folks that are approved, but haven't posted sheets

Pirates

- Captain Barbossa (I_H)
    - Elizabeth Swann (NP)
    - Kacia Andreakos (NP)
    - * Joshamee Gibbs (DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL)
    - Patrick Guiness (DVC)
    - Auryn Britt (LeiaHair)
    - Connor Blake (Aragorn327)
    - * Alaster Bentham (MASTERPRENN)
    - * Erik Leroux (Jango313)
    - * Thomas Rickard (Robal_Krahl)

British
    - Lord Cutler Beckett (I_H)
    - * Davy Jones (Darth_Vassago)
    - James Norrington (Jello)
    - Ashton Rackham (BLemelisk)

[b][color=green]GM's OOC:[/color][/b] Plenty of spots open for all!

There is a special need for more British players (believe me, I have plenty planned for you [face_wink] ) as well as someone (preferably experienced) for Tia Dalma.

Thanks for all you joining and keep it up!

Game is scheduled to kick off on either Thursday or Friday...

-I_H

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    GM Approved

Name: Richard Warren
    Hair Color / Style: a golden red shaved bald.
    Eye Color: Aquamarine
    Skin Color: Deep tanned caucasian
    Clothing: Normal dress for a Vice Admiral in the Royal Navy, however it fits tightly because of his stature and build.
    Weapons: On his person at all times: Four Cutlass strapped to his lower back, two broadswords strapped to his upper back, six pistols strapped three per leg, two flintlock muskets draped around a shoulder a piece, four daggers tied to his belt. In his cabin he always has a gun case full of several different firearms, not the least of which being four seperate Blunderbuss designs and three musketoons. He also has several different blades he has taken from fallen enemies inside his cabin. Any boarder that should follow him there is to follow him into Hell.
    Bio / History: Born to wealthy parents, young Richard was trained since birth to enter into the world of the Queen's service. He was tutored heavily in knowledge of the world and trained extensively. As he grew, so did his prowress with weapons and tactics. He was enlisted into the Royal Navy as a boy of 14. With his expertese in both firearms and swordplay, he quickly rose through the ranks of the Navy. Sense then he has gained fame in his conquest of islands in the name of the crown as well as his strength. He is reputedly able to wield both of his broadswords as nimbly as any Pirate would wield their cutlass. When he was 29 he and his men faced a strong foe in the natives they encountered. It was here that he developed his unique brand of brutality. Many who have seen him or been under his command have likened him to Satan himself. His love of death and weaponry is unmatched by any in the Royal Navy, nor are his marksmenship skills. He has claimed many pirates' heads over the years and keeps their weapons in his cabin. Pirates fear meeting up with Richard Warren. The last written words of a scared pirate captain are indicative of his nature:
    The man is like a demon posessed. We wave the white flag and yet he still cuts us down as cowards. His strength is unmatched, his eye unblinking. It's as if his enitre body, heart and all, were composed of cold iron.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

16. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    GM Aprooved

Name: Joshamee Gibbs
    Alias: gibbs
    Hair Color / Style: stragly grey/black hair, usualy kept in a ponytail
    Skin Color: tanned
    Clothing: Tatterd Pirate clothing
    Weapons: Single shot pistol, sword
    Home Town: Unknown
    Bio / History: After the events of COTBP He crewed with Captain Jack Sparrow as his first mate. When Davy jones came back, he helped jack attempt to recover the chest, however they were unsuccsful, Jack was killed and the Pearl at the bottom of the ocean. He is currently crewing with Captain Barbossa to save Jack Sparrow.

YO HO!!

17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    ***Hammer Approved***

Name: Alaster Bentham
    Alias:
    Nationality: English
    Hair Color / Style: Long, blonde, dread locks, dirty
    Skin Color: Tan but white
    Clothing: Baisic Pirate garb. Baggy blue pants, black boots, a brown short sleved shirt, Bandana tied around his hair
    Weapons: Twin swords and a Pistol
    Bio / History: Alaster James Bentham was born into a poor pesant family in London England, and was on the streets by the age of four. Being a quick learner, Alaster flourished among the street urchins, and never went hungry. He got what he wanted, whether it be by strength, wit, or luck, Alaster seemed to get it all. At the age of 16, he was givin his first sword, and he took to the art of fighting rather quickly. Soon becoming one of the best young fighters in the Country. When he was 15, Alaster was given a job at the local book store, and this is where he discovered his second love (other than sword play), philosophy. Alaster had always gotten by on his natural good looks, so his first sailing job was no different. At the age of 18, he was invited (due to his swordfighting reputation) to join a pirate crew, where he quickly gained respect. For the last 8 years, he has pillaged and plundered the seven seas, untill his crew had a unfortunate run in with the Spanish Armada. Alaster was the only one to escape, and now he is looking to start all over again...

18. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    APPROVED

Name: Erik Leroux
    Alias: Le Loup
    Nationality: French, raised by Pirates.
    Hair Color / Style: Black / Long tied in a ponytail.
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    Clothing: Black coat, pants and boots. Black vest and white shirt.
    Weapons: One rapier.
    Home Town: Paris, France.
    Bio / History: Erik Leroux was a small child when the ship crossing to the Caribbean was attacked by pirates. All on board were killed except for Leroux, who tried fighting off the pirates, but was knocked out. The Captain of the ship saw potential and took him aboard and raised him like a son. Leroux learned the tricks of the trade and became the Captain's first mate. Leroux wanted to make a name for himself and left his ship in search of another one. He had heard the tales of the Black Pearl. How the Captain fought against Davy Jones and the vicious Kraken and was defeated. Erik tracked down the survivors and offered his talents. He is now on the quest to save Captain Jack Sparrow.

19. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Name: Davey Jones
    Alias: Goes by Many
    Nationality: Dutch, now Aquatic/Monster

Appearance: [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Zepplin/Zeppalicious/Jonesresize.jpg] & [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Zepplin/Zeppalicious/Jonesbody.jpg]

Weapons: Claw, Fish Spine Sword, The Kraken, "The Flying Dutchmen"
    Home Town: Unknown

Bio / History: Not much at all is known about the enigmatic man, now thing known as Davy Jones. It is said he was a Dutch sailor that, so grieved over his lost love, cut his heart out and stored in it a treasure chest, known as the Dead Man's Chest. Through some mystical power, he became the Lord of the Sea, controlling his ship "The Flying Dutchman." The man and his ship spend most of their time below water, so much so that he and his crew have been transformed into aquatic creatures. The Immortal always seeks new men to join his crew, granting them eternal life in his service on the "Dutchman." Able to step foot on dry land only once every 10 years and possessing the ability to teleport on the high seas, Davy Jones is very powerful, be him an ally or an enemy. At the moment, he is trapped to service the whims of Lord Cutler Beckett, the one who currently posesses his heart.

20. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Approved, but with some slight revisions.
    British Sheet

Name: Michael Lannister
    Hair Color / Style: Blonde, stylishly long
    Skin Color: Tanned
    Clothing: Standard Lieutenants Uniform (Impeccably maintained): when not in uniform he maintains the the fashion of the day
    Weapons: Saber, Pistol, Rifle
    Home Town: Liverpool
    Bio / History: Michael Lannister was born to Gabriel and Henrietta Lannister, a powerful noble family, at their estate just outside of Liverpool.

Throughout his formative years his father instilled in him an almost maniac drive to succeed. Many tutors came and went in order to provide Michael with the best education possible. Languages and literature were his most outstanding subjects.

Young Lannnister also became known for his skills at hunting and at fencing, which pleased his father to no end seeing as "they were the only masculine sports for a gentleman of his standing". Without his father's knowledge he often snuck down to Liverpool where he put his 6'6" 238 lbs frame to the test in a sport called boxing. There he learned how to deal with those who doled out violence in a less than honorable manner.

As was tradition in the Lannister family Michael gained a commission in the navy using his father's considerable clout. Thus he shipped out untested yet full of potential. Though his trainer's wrote glowing reports about his extreme aptitude in shooting, hand-to-hand, fencing, and many more of the more scholastic subjects.

After several engagements in the Carribean, Michael has proven himself a brave man and a very capable soldier, proving that his marksmanship and fencing abilities are the equal of any man's. He now looks forward to serving under Admiral Norrington, and hopefully wiping out the thieving cutthroats once and for all.

Eventually Michael intends to return to Liverpool and live the life of a Noble of his standing but, for the moment he is content with serving in the Royal Navy.

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    ***Current Players***

Pirates

- Captain Barbossa (I_H)
    - Elizabeth Swann (NP)
    - Kacia Andreakos (NP)
    - Joshamee Gibbs (DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL)
    - Patrick Guiness (DVC)
    - Auryn Britt (LeiaHair)
    - Connor Blake (Aragorn327)
    - Alaster Bentham (MASTERPRENN)
    - Erik Leroux (Jango313)
    - Thomas Rickard (Robal_Krahl)

British
    - Lord Cutler Beckett (I_H)
    - Davy Jones (Darth_Vassago)
    - James Norrington (Jello)
    - Richard Warren (BSSL)
    - Ashton Rackham (BLemelisk)
    - Michael Lannister (HandofSkywalker)

And we still have a few more players interested believe it or not...

Launch time still stands at Thurs/Fri this week!

-I_H

22. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Approved by IH

Name Veronica ?Polly? Rogers Fitzgerald - A supporting character - owner of 'The Mermaid',Tortuga
    Alias: Pretty Polly
    Hair Color / Style: Dark blonde, various shades, usually a mop cap covers most of her tresses.
    Eye Color: brown
    Skin Color: olive complexion
    Clothing: 18th Century Middlin? Sort Garments. White undershift, with balloon sleeves that conceal dagger and pistol, corset, skirt that barely touches her comely ankles, at times however will hike up skirt on one side to reveal a shapely leg complete with dagger/pistol
    Weapons: daggers , pistols and an occasional bottle of rum
    Home Town: Birthplace, Venice Italy - later London

Bio / History Veronica was born from a tryst to a famous Venetian courtesan and a young British lord making his way through the continent on The Grand Tour. Veronica never knew her father and her mother would never reveal his name.

Her mother, Francesca , came from a long line of courtesans and it was expected for Veronica to follow. A courtesan was one of the few females allowed in Italy to freely own property and seek a higher education. Courtesans were expected to speak several languages and were sought out by the nobility not only for their feminine allures but also for their intelligence and wit.

Alas! Fate would intervene! The Black Plague, aqua The Black Death once more ravaged Venice and Veronica?s mother succumb to the dreaded disease. On her deathbed, Veronica?s mother whispered her father?s title?

Going through her mother?s desk, Veronica was startled at the great amount of unpaid bills. Her mother had enjoyed the good life and the mountain of debt was in testament to the fact. Forced to sell everything to pay the creditors, Veronica found herself homeless with little money. There was not even enough to set herself up as a courtesan!

She would go to her father- yes! But he was in England and she upon the continent. How would she journey with so little money?

Veronica found her answer in St.Marco?s Square. A traveling circus - she joined and learned tumbling and juggling and slight of hand. Making their way across Europe the circus eventually crossed the English Channel. Veronica was 15.

Veronica found London exciting and soon left the circus to become an actress., calling herself Veronica Rodgers. She began to enjoy a measure of success and attracted the attention of many admirers, clamoring to become her protector. She refused them all, which only excited the high brow nobles even more, until one night an older man knocked upon Veronica?s dressing room door.

He was introduce as the Duke of ***********. One word came from her lips.

?Father!?

A startled man, discovering he had conceived a child years ago, the duke hastily made his exit, leaving a sobbing Veronica. The next day, Veronica was summarily dismissed from the stage , her father not wishing it to be known a common actress was his daughter! Her money soon spent, she found herself upon the street.
    Veronica supported herself by picking pockets, but one day she picked the wrong pocket?that of a Bow Street Runner.

She found herself in Newgate Prison, condemned to death. There was but one chance to escape the hangman?s noose?to go to the new world as as indentured servant. Her bond of indenture was purchased by one James Fitzgerald, the proprietor of ?The Mermaid? a tavern /inn on Tortuga and for 7 years Veronica, now calling herself Polly ,worked pouring and serving drinks to the customers.

Polly was a valuable asset to Fitzgerald, being able to converse in Italian, French and English.-and she was unusual that she could read and keep books better than he! At the end of her indentureship Fitzgerald proposed marriage and Polly agreed.

Their marriage lasted three years, whereas Fitzgerald caught a fever and left ?Pretty Polly? a widow at 30. She was now the owner of ?The Mermaid? a tavern /inn and even though she has had other marriage proposals since Polly has turned each one down. She enjoys bei

23. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    I'm in. Let me come up with a character sheet.

24. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Imp Approved

Name: Will Turner
    Alias: 'Bootstraps Son'
    Nationality: English
    Hair Color / Style: Black/Brown, layed back
    Skin Color: White
    Clothing: Pirate clothing, (Inspired by Errol Flynn in robin hood.)
    Weapons: Rapier, anything else that presents itself at the time.
    Home Town: Somewhere in England
    Bio / History:
    He is a blacksmith's apprentice working in Port Royal, and is in love with Elizabeth Swann. Will is handsome, dashing, and generally stalwart and upright, though he tends to listen to his heart over the law. Will, while somewhat mild-mannered, is fiercely loyal to those he cares about, and is willing to risk everything when they, namely Elizabeth, are in danger. At his best, Will is heroic and courageous- an expert swordsman. At his worst, Will can be preoccupied and brooding.
    When escaping the Black Pearl and the Kraken, Will saw Elizabeth kiss Captain Jack Sparrow. He dwells on what this means, and has no idea what her feelings for either of them are.
    [Source:Wikipedia.org]

25. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    GM Approved

Here is my sheet. I would love to join in!

Pirate Sheet

Name: Ned Morgan
    Nationality: British (not with them though)
    Hair Color / Style: Shoulder length, black, scruffy looking
    Skin Color: Tan Caucasion
    Clothing: Wears loose fitting, black pants, and a slightly tight tanktop.
    Weapons: Has two sharp, black-bladed swords, as well as a single shot pistol.
    Bio / History: Ned was born in London to a well-to-do family as Ned Hawthorne. At the age of 4, his father lost his life in a shootout at a local bar caused by a group of pirates. His mother, who was sick with an unknown disease, knew she couldn't do much for Ned, so she gave him to her sister.

He lived with his aunt for three years before he was kidnapped by Tom Morgan, the captain of The Horrid Slave. Tom, unlike other pirates, was a gentle being - at least, to Ned he was. At first, Ned hated him. But, as time past, and as Ned began learning the ways of piracy, he grew to like Tom, even thinking of Tom as his own father (which is why he goes by Ned Morgan, and not Ned Hawthorne).

By the time he was 19, Ned had become a full-fledged pirate, still aboard the Horrid Slave. He had become a skilled duelist, having trained under Tom himself.

When he was 25, Tom was killed during a raid on his ship by another band of pirates. Ned was lucky enough to escape with his life. He traveled from ship to ship for a few years, and then ended up in the pirate port of Tortuga where he has been for two years.

After staying at Tortuga for two years, Ned feels he is finally ready to sail the open sea, and awaits for the perfect ship for him to jump on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.