main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:Asril Kentor
    Mermaid Travern and Inn

As Asril leaned against the dock post she heard a conversation going on. A woman named Elisabeth,a man called William, and a woman pirate who called herself Rats. It appeared that Elizabeth and William's ship was looking for a crew. Rats was accepted and they were heading to the Mermaid Inn.

Asril followed closely behind. She didn't want to lose this offer. The owner of the end came and talked to William and while his attention was focused on the owner Asril tapped Elisabeth on the elbow,considering it would look silly if she reached for the womans shoulder. How Asril hated being short. "Excuse me Miss Swann,I heard you were looking for a crew. My name is Asril and my father taught me how to sail. It would be an honor to be considered for the crew you are assemblaing." she said,her English accent was still strong ans she didn't bother to hide it,plus she only messed up once.

Asril took a step back so as to not be invadeing Elizabeth's space. She knew how uncomfortable she got when people did it to her and she wanted to make a good first impression.

TAG-NP,Rats,William.

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Murtogg and Mullroy

Mullroy moved out to steady Worthington.

"Hey now..." the man said, holding him up... "Quite a champ you are. Step by step mate, lets not get too far ahead of yourself."

Murtogg shook his head. "Think with your head boy. You didn't get this way by flaunting de rules."

"Maybe he's not quite ready yet." Mullroy said, moving to look at his face. "Seems pretty good eh?"

"Should we dunk em?" Murtogg said with a grin....

"An ruin his fashionable airdo? Neva." the other soldier said smiling. "I say we get em some food. That'll get em up and goin'"

"How you like that, eh?" Murtogg said. "Little stop to the messhall before we join the rest of the crew?"

TAG: Dubya

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: The Seaspray[/i]

Barbossa looked down at the woman. Britt eh? Hm.

"Very well Miss Britt. Welcome aboard. We leave in three days time, so be snappish about it. The Black Dagger now docked at port. Be there are don't sail at all."

The Pirate looked down the hall and squinted at quite the little crowd that had gathered in the hall. The man frowned. Word passes around too fast it seems in Tortuga. They all must be quite desperate for work. Barbossa moved around Miss Britt...

"An' I trust ye all be here for positions eh?" he said to the group. Harumph. He'd seen better ones. "Well, come on in, the whole lot of ya."

Barbossa twirled on his heels and stormed into his room, leaving the door open.

He found himself a relaxing spot on his desk and sat, watching the group as they streamed in...

"Do make yerself comfortable," he said with a sarcastic smile, pointing the couch and walls.

[b]TAG: Raynar, MissingNo, LeiaHair, Watchman[/b]

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: John "Too-Tall" Ligdenburg
    Seaspray Inn

The urge to eavesdrop poured itself upon Too-Tall once more as he overheard the last part of the conversation between the pirate captain and the beautiful woman.

"Very well Miss Britt. Welcome aboard. We leave in three days time, so be snappish about it. The Black Dagger now docked at port. Be there are don't sail at all."

Too-Tall cocked an eyebrow. He'd never heard of the Black Dagger (albeit something similar to it), and with a captain that seemed to possess such an amount of prestige, he was quite surprised.

He saw the pirate squint towards his direction, and it was only then he noticed quite a lot of rugged-looking beings around him. Not surprising, really. In this part of Tortuga, that was really all there ever was.

"An' I trust ye all be here for positions eh?" the captain said to the group of wanderers. "Well, come on in, the whole lot of ya." The captain then turned on his heel and headed for his room, leaving the door wide open for the group to pour in, and that they did.

By the suggestion imparted by the pirate captain, people began making themselves comfortable in his room. Too-Tall found a secluded part of the wall and leaned back against it, standing up and noticing once again that he was one of the tallest people in the vicinity. He would await a speech... or something... from the captain. Until then, he would remain silent, as he always did in these types of situations.

Tag: I_H, any in the area

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    IC: Elizabeth Swann

Once inside, Elizabeth glanced around the tavern. She was glad they had already found one crewmember, but they would need more if they wanted to have a successful voyage. She kept close by Will and was looking back to make sure Rats was still with them, when she felt a tap on her elbow.

"Excuse me Miss Swann, I heard you were looking for a crew. My name is Asril and my father taught me how to sail. It would be an honor to be considered for the crew you are assembling," a small girl said.

?I?m pleased to make you acquaintance, Astril,? Elizabeth said. ?Why don?t we find a table and discuss this further?? This new girl did not seem like the typical inhabitant of a port town. Elizabeth was intrigued.

TAG: Genimay, Marna_Veign, PR

[b]IC: Kacia Andreakos[/b]

By the time they entered the tavern, Kacia was almost wishing she had remained back on the ship. She loved exploring new places, but establishments like this still made her uncomfortable. Back home, taverns were neater and nicer, and the women didn?t parade around in gaudy outfits, looking for customers. [i]But you?re not at home anymore[/i], she reminded herself.

They found a table and waved over a barmaid. Kacia knew she had to do some recruiting, but she would wait until she?d had something to drink. That would get rid of the nervousness.

[b]TAG: Gibbs, etc.[/b]

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Streets of Tortuga

Tia moved silently within the crowded streets of Tortuga. Ever so often, she would pause, to allow a flying bottle, or druken pirate, to fly by unimpeeded, before she continued on her walk, her path weaving through the many parts of town. A shadow within a hooded cloak, left to her own devices. Every so often, someone would look up at her. Most looked at her confused. A few crossed themselves, as they hurriedly crossed her path. While many of the pirates knew the name, few had actually seen her. Soon, she found herself into the part of Tortuga she was looking for.

This was it. She stopped and smiled, as she narrowed her eyes, scanning the area. Pirates and sailors were a peculiar lot. Susperstitious in many things. Here, could be bought for a few trinkets, a blessing for a safe passage, or perhaps a token to keep the evil eye away. No sailor would admit to it, thought plenty of pirates did...but almost all came here, at one time or another. And if not them, those who knew them. It was just what she needed.

Tia Dalma moved slowly, as she eyed the few shops. 'Lie-ah...' she mutter to herself, reading the claims over one door. The other she passed by, looking at the cheap trinkets that layed within its one crusty windows.

There.

Tia stopped, and backed up a few steps. There was an alley, and a set up steps that went down. No window, no sign to announce this place. Tia smiled, as she made her way down to the single door. The dank smell, and sharp spices she could smell reminded her of home. 'Tis will do.' she thought to herself, as she reached for the door.

It opened. A small child, dark skinned, who didnt look more than 5 stood at the door. He stepped back, making a way for Tia to enter. Tia pushed back her hood. "ello dere, child." she said softly, as the boy looked up at her. He then turned, and dissapeared into the shop. Tia followed. Her shack was..'empty' compared to this place. There wasnt a spot that wasnt stuff with items. Obviously, she owner did business with many of those who came in and out of port here. Tia turned, and looked slightly suprised. There was a tall young man, standing behind the counter, who looked up when she entered. He bore the markings. Oh yes, this place was much better than she could hope. She walked carefully up to the counter, careful not to disturb the contents that floated in a muddeled jar. She tapped the glass and grinned, before pulling out a slip of paper.

"I'll be a-ned-den tis thins." she said, as she grinned, handing him the slip of paper. His eyes sparkled, as he grinned. Taking the slip of paper from her, he quickly scanned the list. An eyebrow went up, and he looked at her. 'Em's will take much time. Yu wait?" Tia nodded. He smiled. "Gooood." He handed the slip of paper to the boy, who dissapeared in the back with it. The man then turned, and looked back at Tia. He gestured. Tia nodded, as they both walked through the shop.

It was an hour later, that Tia exited the tiny shop. Within the folds of her cloak, hung a small satchel. She drew up her hood. The other items were to be delivered. Now that her business and pleasure was done, she could find herself a room, until the ship was ready to sail. There was much to do before they left. No one sailed to the ends of the world, without some protection. Tia headed for the Inn that Captain Barbossa said he would be staying in. 'The Seaspray Inn.' There, she would find herself a room, and begin her preperations. She walked to the inn.

"I needs ta see ah-bout a-quire-er-ing ah room." she stated to the innkeeper at the counter, as her hand brought out a small sack of coins. "Pri-vat dem needs be." she added, as she set a stare to the innkeeper. And she held the glare, until they reached what she considered was fair price.

TAG:Imp_Hammer, ANY in area of Seaspray Inn..

6. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Patrick Guiness
    Mermaid Tavern and Inn

Patrick took his drink, and watched as a small group entered the Inn.

This looked promising, and already people were heading towards them, in seach of work no doubt.

It had been far to long for Pat. He's spent a good year on this God-Forsaken Island, and he meant that quite literally. It had been too longs since the sea spray dampened his face, since he had climbed to the crows nest in search of land. Long since he had jumped to another ship, in a kill or be killed battle, vast amounts of treasure at stake.

Long since he had uttered the words 'Dead Men Tell No Tales.' or 'Arrggh'.

Too Long.

He decided to steer clear of the man with the parrot, as he hated the feathery beasts with a passion, and made instead for the portly man in mutton chops. He was olders, a Captains age, and had seen a good many battles.

"You thar." Patrick said, pointing. "Wha' brings ya to tha glori's island of Tortuga?" He said with a grin to the man, holding out the mug of fresh ale for the man to take.

Patrick had learned long ago, that people here responded well to free drinks. And, sometimes one had to go thirsty to drink deep later.

Tag: Gibbs

7. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    IC: Gibbs

The barmaid came over. " Arr I'll be takin' three bottles o' rum and as many glasses as ye' can Spare."

People were already coming over to look for work.

"Now listen up ye' two, we need t' weed through th' dregs. Interview th' each of them, work th' crowd. Find the real sailors from th' greenhorns"

as he was talking a man walked up to him.

"You thar, Wha' brings ya to tha glori's island of Tortuga?"

The man was handing him a tankard of Ale

"Well ye' certainly know how to star' a conversation there'."

He took the Tankard and took a swill.

"Have a seat! Thank Ye' fer the drink! Names Gibbs, Jus' Gibbs. We be recruitin' fer the ship The Black Dagger. We need an able bodied crew for the next few monthes or so, so what's yer name?"

tag Any and all in Mermaid

8. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: FYI, it's Joshamee Gibbs.

IC: Patrick Guiness

"Well ye' certainly know how to star' a conversation there'."

He took the Tankard and took a swill.

"Have a seat! Thank Ye' fer the drink! Names Gibbs, Jus' Gibbs. We be recruitin' fer the ship
    The Black Dagger. We need an able bodied crew for the next few monthes or so, so what's yer name?"

"Lucky Pat Guiness." He said, using the nickname he had earned on the Lesser, and takign a seat opposite Gibbs. "An' I'd be part o' tha' able bod'ed crew ya be lookin' far. I sail'd on tha Queen Anne's Lesser out'ta Dublin 'n' grad'ly made m' way dun 'ere ta Tortuga. I've an intim'te knowin' of weap'ns an' tha like, as well as knowin' a good bit 'bout sailin'. An' y' won' find a betta fighter, I can tell ya tha'."

Tag: Gibbs

9. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Worthington
    Barracks

"Little stop to the messhall before we join the rest of the crew?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Worthington muttered, trying to concentrate. "The mess hall. I need somethin' to eat." He pushed Murtogg and Mullroy away, trying to show them he could walk on his own. "I'm good. Let's going goin' eh?" He stumbled out the door, hoping they were close behind...just in case he didn't make it all the way to the mess hall.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer...

[b]IC: as Cotton and the Parrot
    Mermaid Tavern and Inn[/b]

After being ordered by Gibbs to round up some people, Cotton immediately headed over to one of the women employees. He needed a drink first. Cotton stopped at one of the tables and tapped the barmaid on the shoulder.

The parrot that sat on Cotton's shoulder squawked. "RAWWK! What we haveta be doin' to get some rum around here? RAWWK!" He whistled as he fluttered his wings.

Cotton grinned, showing a mouthful of rotten teeth, and held out some coins in the palm of his hand.

[b]TAG: TheMaidofOrleans...[/b]

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003

11. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Liam Alexander

Mermaid Tavern

"So young sir, what would it be?", the owner asked.

Before Liam could answer, the door to the tavern opened and in stepped the couple he had seen down the street, talking to a pirate. They have to be trying to gather a crew...

He returned his gaze to Polly, and said, "Actually, nothing right now." He stood. "It was a pleasure meeting you."

Liam walked away from the bar, and towards the man he thought was looking for a crew. He was already talking to another fellow, so Liam simply stood off to his side, waiting for their conversation to finish.

Tag: PR, MOO, Mermaid Tavern people

12. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    IC: Erik Leroux
    La Ray Bar, Tortuga

Leroux scribbled Teach's name on the paper.

"Very well," he said, uncertainly calm, then turning to the line. "Next in line, please."

Another man walked up to the table.

"I be wanting to sign up," he said.

"Excellent," he said, regaining a friendly composure. "And your name, sailor?"

TAG: Nemesis, Eme, Bar

13. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Lord Cutler Beckett

Beckett nodded his head and folded his hands behind him as the officers of the new fleet introduced themselves and reported in. Captain Rackham was first to speak, reporting on the good condition of the Nereus. Always good news that was, especially when such ships would soon play such a large role in such important plans.

The other captain followed as Norrington and Lannister stood vigilantly besides Beckett. Captain, Baker, yes. The man properly greeted Norrington and also reported in of a good and proper voyage from England. Hopefully an omen of things to come. Though the capitalist did not believe in things so plebian, he certainly would not object to anything that went well for him.

The last of course was Warren himself as he motioned for his Captains to follow him. The rough and tumble man walked down the gangplank and up to Beckett. He lowered his head to a nod and looked around their landscape.

"Aye, the sea went well for us Lord Beckett. Nothing but smooth sailing." the Vice Admiral said, "So this is port hm? Charming."

Beckett smirked. "Yes. I largely felt the same about it myself when I first arrived here. It was even worse then, Governor Swann had such a lax control over things. Not any longer though."

The sextet walked to the end of the dock and a ways up the cobblestone street...

"This is of course, one safe spot in a very dangerous Caribbean, gentlemen." the Lord said, before coming to a stop at a fork in the road. "Up ahead is the Fort, where you will find most of our military resources. I'm afraid I have very important business to attend to elsewhere, I beg forgiveness for such a disasterous breech of protocol. Admiral Norrington and Lieutenant Lannister shall take you from here. They'll show you the courtyard, barracks, brig, and guns."

The Lord turned to the two Captains and the Vice Admiral. "It was a pleasure bumping into you to be sure. I should be back soon God willing, then we shall have right and proper introductions."

Beckett finished with a polite nod to Norrignton and Lannister, and strode down the other road, back down to the docks....

He had a ship to catch...

And a special someone to meet...

TAG: Jello, BSSL, BLem, Aragorn, Hand

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: Room, Seaspray Inn[/i]

Barbossa reached inside his pocket and removed a green apple from it, taking a big bite as the group filed in...

"So yes." he said finally. "We be setting out for Piratin', adventurin' and all the rest. And yes, I be taking a crew. If ye be looking for shine though, you're in the wrong place. We go out on a mission, ta the ends of the earth, ta rescue a friend. This a' course might be right up yer ally. So if ye want, haul yerself down ta the Dagger in three days time, and there ya have it."

The Pirate paused....

"What, thats it..." he said. "If you have no questions, be off with ya."

He always had to but the "if" in there. Because there always, [i]always[/i] was one.

[b]TAG: [/b][b]Raynar, MissingNo, LeiaHair, Watchman

[/b][hr]
    [b]IC: The Seaspray Innkeeper[/b]
    [i]Location: Behind his Desk[/i]

If the timid Innkeeper was frightened by Barbossa, he was terrified beyond belief at the strange Black Woman that came into his establishment a few minutes later. The woman smoke in a thick Jamaican accent, one very very hard to understand.

He heard the word room.

"Well..." the man said. "We're a little booked at the moment. If ya don't mind neighbooring to a crazy old Pirate that just came in a few minutes ago, I can get that one for ya for, oh, seven pesatas a night?"

The man really hoped she would just accept and disappear without a fuss...

[b]TAG: Ktala[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Murtogg and Mullroy[/b]
    [i]Location: Mess Hall, Port Royale Fort[/i]

The trio found their way into the rather.... pungent.... mess hall.

"Looks like the cook is making beans again tonight." Mullroy said with a frown. "I hate the bloody beans."

"Go over there and ask 'em for a

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: John "Too-Tall" Ligdenburg
    The Seaspray Inn

Too-Tall looked on as the Captain pulled a green apple from his pocket and took a large bite, a bit of juice flowing down the side of his mouth as he did so.

"So yes." he said finally. "We be setting out for Piratin', adventurin' and all the rest. And yes, I be taking a crew. If ye be looking for shine though, you're in the wrong place. We go out on a mission, ta the ends of the earth, ta rescue a friend. This a' course might be right up yer ally. So if ye want, haul yerself down ta the Dagger in three days time, and there ya have it."

There was a pause, in which silence filled the room until the pirate spoke up once more.

"What, thats it... If you have no questions, be off with ya."

Too-Tall wasn't one to instigate conversations, but a question was pushing itself to the end of his tongue, and it finally escaped its cage.

"If I may be askin', just who exactly are we going to the end of the earth for?" He didn't know about anyone else in the room, but Too-Tall didn't feel like going on some godforsaken crusade in search of someone that he didn't even know of. Of course, going to the end of the earth did sound a bit intriguing.

Tag: I_H, Seaspray folks

15. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    Location The Mermaid

"Well "Lucky" Pat. I think yer in. Jus' sign this here register., and then ge' working th' bar fer more recruits. Welcome to the Black Dagger!" Gibbs slapped him on the back and downed the rest of the ale he had brought him.

Gibbs turned to look accross the bar when he relized that a young man was standing there waiting to talk to him.

"Well com' 'ere lad. Have a drin', Tell me abou' yerself!"

Tag: Mermaid Patrons

16. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    IC Polly Fitzgerald
    The Mermaid Taven & Inn
    The Tap Room

After being ordered by Gibbs to round up some people, Cotton immediately headed over to one of the women employees. He needed a drink first. Cotton stopped at one of the tables and tapped the barmaid on the shoulder.

Nodding at the young man's reply, Polly turned when she felt the tap upon her shoulder.In front of her stood an older, weathered man ,one she knew by the looks of him having spent more time on the deck of a ship upon the high seas than upon God's good solid ground.Upon his shoulder perched a parrot.

Polly placed a hand upon her hip and smiled.

"RAWWK! What we haveta be doin' to get some rum around here?RAWWK!" The bird spread its colorful wings to further emphasize his words.

Polly threw back her head and laughed.

The man grinned and displayed a mouthful of blackened teeth. Polly saw the glint of gold and silver coins in the palm of his calloused hand. She took a silver coin and fetched a bottle from behind the bar and a couple of pewter tankards.

"And what would the parrot like?" she inquired handing the man the bottle of golden rum and tankards.

TAG: Dubya Scott

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    The Seaspray Inn, Front Desk
    The Mermaind Tavern and Inn

Tia eyed the Innkeeper. She worked hard to not smile. He was terrified. He stared at her a few moments, as if he was having trouble listening. He then responded as if finally understanding.

"Well..." the man said. "We're a little booked at the moment. If ya don't mind neighbooring to a crazy old Pirate that just came in a few minutes ago, I can get that one for ya for, oh, seven pesatas a night?"

Tia snorted. Crazy old Pirate? She could imagine who it might be he was talking about. If it was Jack, it would be intersting. In this case, it would probably be annoying, since she had much to do. Wonderful. And Barbossa SNORED. Loud. She leaned forward, about to say something, when she suddenly stopped.

She glared at the man for a moment. Then she narrowed her eyes. "Aha! Nev-va you mind a-bou trying to give me 'ad room! 'ems be back." Tia leaned back, making a gesture with her hands, as she turned, and left the counter, muttering as she did. She then headed out of the Seaspray Inn, she began to move a piece down the road. She continued on, until another name came to her. She suddenly stopped, and looked up at the sign.

The Mermaid Taven & Inn

Raising an eyebrow, Tia stepped in.

Tia looked around the establishment, until she found the counter there. She walked over slowly towards the counter.

"I needs ta see ah-bout a-quire-er-ing ah room." she stated to the Innkeeper at the counter."Pri-vat dem needs be. You can do?" she asked the person behind the counter.

Any others that might be near desk at the Mermaid Tavern & Inn..

18. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    'Rats' Roberts - Mermaid Inn - Tortuga

Rats followed Elizabeth and Will into the Mermaid as they planned to find other people to crew their ship. As another person approached Elizabeth to talk about joining the crew, Rats stayed with Will. She soon heard talk about recruting for the Black Dagger. Rats stepped in front of Will. There were a couple of things that she needed to find out.

"Is that ship what ya need crew for? The Black Dagger that other one's talkin about?" as she asked, she knew the answer. It was the only ship that has come in recently. "An other questions I have. I can only crew a ship what has no trouble with Bobby comin too. An I would like ta know more about the interesting journey ya need crew for."

Rats waited for Will to answer her questions. She wasn't sure if Bobby, her rat friend, would be welcome on the ship, though she was hopeful that he would be.

tag - P_R (Will), anyone else at Mermaid if want to

19. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003

Beforew the young man could speak, Gibbs saw that Will and Miss Turner come in. He excused himself quickly and went over to Will

"Looks lik' ye already had some luck. Thas good, I think we got it here, why don't you check out the Toscata up the stree'? Tha' wayu we can get under way as quick as possible?"

Tag: Will

20. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Will Turner

Will looked around the room, watching for anyone that might be the slightest bit interested in joining the crew, or if they even had the guts to be part of the crew. Then the woman, Rats, jumped in front of him.

"Is that ship what ya need crew for? The Black Dagger that other one's talkin about? An other questions I have. I can only crew a ship what has no trouble with Bobby comin too. An I would like ta know more about the interesting journey ya need crew for."

Will didn't have the time to answer, but it didn't matter, he wasn't going to tell her where they were actually going anyway. Gibbs stepped in before he had to lie to the girl.

"Looks lik' ye already had some luck. Thas good, I think we got it here, why don't you check out the Toscata up the stree'? Tha' wayu we can get under way as quick as possible?"

Will nodded to Gibbs, "We can go up there, if you answer this womans questions...about our 'adventure.'" He contained a smirk.

TAG: Gibbs, Rats, NP...(If I missed any TAG's just PM me.)

21. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Auryn Britt
    Seaspray Inn, Tortuga

The captain disappeared into his room with a few other people, leaving Auryn alone in the corridor. Excited, she turned on her heals and left the Seaspray Inn. For the first time in a long while, Auryn was looking forward to going to the Mermaid Tavern for a drink. Usually she avoided it, dreading the times people made fun of her for being 'crazy' or the times pirates whom her mother had serviced would attempted to get her do the same.

Although, it had been ten years since her mother died, so the number of Pirates who had paid for the whore were dwendling... but it still happened from time to time. Especially since Auryn had her mother's face, as well as her presence.

Auryn opened the door, and her nostrals filled with the musty air of the Tavern. Taking her usual corner, she waited for the Bar Maid to come and take her order. Maybe with luck, Auyrn would be invoved in her third fight of the week... it would be a nice way to end things around here.

TAG: Mermaid people, MOO

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Ned Morgan
    ~La Ray Bar - Tortuga~

"Excellent," said the man, who spoke with a friendly tone, a tone not often heard around thes parts. It made Ned wonder if the man was a true pirate, but his scars and overall appearance told Ned he was. "And your name, sailor?"

Sailor? He hadn't heard that for a while, and never really liked that term; he prefered pirate, or sea-goer. "Ned Morgan," he said, concisely. "What do I do from here, mate?" he asked Erik. As the man readied a response, Ned turned to look at his companion who he had ventured into the bar for in the first place. "Ye be signing up?" he asked.

TAG: Robal_Krahl, Jango313

23. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Worthington
    Mess Hall

They were headed to the fort already? He had to eat fast. Worthington shoveled everything into his mouth, chewing very little before swallowing it. He took a drink to wash it down then shoved some more food in. During all that, a chunk of food got stuck in the back of his throat. He gagged for a second, then coughed. All the food came flying out of his mouth and back into the plate. Worthington cleared his throat and took another drink. Slow down... he told himself. He glanced at Murtogg and Mullroy. "I'm okay, I'm okay." He cleared his throat again, "a-hem!" then continued eating...slower this time.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer...

[b]IC: as Cotton and the Parrot
    Mermaid Tavern[/b]

Cotton tipped the glass upward, pouring the drink straight down his throat. It dribbled down both sides of his mouth. The parrot said, "Nothing for the parrot. Just a rag to clean up. RAAWK! Just a rag." The parrot looked at the liquid dribbling down Cotton's chin, and he appeared to shake his head, as if he was disgusted by his master.

Cotton finished, handed the glass back to Polly, and nodded a `thanks`. The man wiped his face on his sleeve, cleaning off the dribbles.

The parrot then added, "Never mind about the rag. Never mind. RAAWK!"

[b]TAG: Polly...[/b]

24. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Rats Roberts - Mermaid Inn, Tortuga

"Is that ship what ya need crew for? The Black Dagger that other one's talkin about? An other questions I have. I can only crew a ship what has no trouble with Bobby comin too. An I would like ta know more about the interesting journey ya need crew for." Rats had asked Will.

Before he had time to answer, someone else, apparently from the same ship, stepped in.

"Looks lik' ye already had some luck." he was saying. "Thas good, I think we got it here, why don't you check out the Toscata up the stree'? Tha' wayu we can get under way as quick as possible?"

Will nodded to him. "We can go up there, if you answer this womans questions...about our 'adventure.'" He contained a smirk.

Rats turned to Gibbs. "I wanted ta know if Bobby can come with me, and more about where we're headed." she told him.

TAG: Gibbs, anyone else at the Mermaid, if you want to.

25. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    [image=http://www.heidihoward.com/images/g_mermaid.jpg]

The Mermaid Inn & Tavern
    The Entrance Foyer

Tia looked around the establishment, until she found the counter there. She walked over slowly towards the counter.

"I needs ta see ah-bout a-quire-er-ing ah room." she stated to the Innkeeper at the counter."Pri-vat dem needs be. You can do?" she asked the person behind the counter.

The tavern was quite busy that night and the assistant to the cook, Bess ,had been pressed into temporary duty at the desk. She knew Polly's orders when it came to all women travellers..the utmost respect is to be paid to them. Polly knew and understood well the hardships of females travelling alone.

"Aye madam, we have a room that I think you will be to your taste and private it is.The proprietress is yonder in the tap room but I know her wishes...we have a private room on the second floor that is available for 6 pence a night and breakfast included...." Bess leaned over.,taking Tia into her confidence.. She says we females have to stick together?this bein a man?s world?.therefore 'that be the gentlemen price, but for us females it is five pence...come...let me take you up there and you be the judge if you like it..."

Bess indicated for the woman to follow her up the stairs.

"Mistress Fitzgerald does pride herself in keeping a good inn and tasty victuals. I doubt not if such a finer inn exists anywhere in the Caribbean...." Bess continued to ramble. "She doth have noble blood in her it is said and she hails from that city on the water...Venice..."

Bess took a key and opened the wooden door.
    "Will this be to your likin, Madame?"

TAG:
    Lady Tia, Polly will be with you as soon as possible . She likes to greet each of her overnight guests personally.

[image=http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/images/large/1941_1207.jpg]
    The room was spacious and quite comfortable for the time. Polly had come from a grander place where such was taken for granted. She figured the money quite well spent if she offered such to her customers. They would return and word of mouth would spread. Much of the furnishings Polly 'acquired' at a good price...and that be all I'm a sayin...

IC: Polly & the Parrot and Mr. Cotton
    The Mermaid Tavern and Inn
    The Tap Room

?What an intelligent creature you are! Mind you sir?I might offer you a pretty penny for your bird!? Polly chuckled and handed the tankard to a passing Nan. With a final chuckle, Polly turned and made the rounds of her establishment. Her regulars she greeted with a smile and a laugh, a hand upon a shoulder.

She noticed that recruitment was going on. Good?that meant employment and employment meant more money to spend.

In making her rounds, Polly noticed two women entering?one she recognized as Auryn Britt and the other?.hmmmm?she did not?
    Polly?s eyes followed Auryn to her usual corner table. The business woman knew Auryn?s story - tragic it was and it had left its mark on the young girl.

Auryn?s mother by unfortunate circumstances to support herself sold her body - a whore - the men called such women. Polly abhorred the word. Her mother had been a courtesan - and there was the difference.
    Her mother chose who had the honor to woo her?and they paid grandly for the privilege.

Auryn?s father however had embraced her, while Polly?s had rejected her. It was her missing father that broke the young girl?s heart. Now she traveled about Tortuga waiting for ships to come in and inquire to their point of destination - none where she wanted to go.

Perhaps this newest recruiting would be of interest to her and lift the young woman?s spirits. Polly made her way towards Auryn and joined her at table.

?How fares it with you, Auryn Britt??

Tag: Auryn Britt ie LeiaHair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.