main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Pittsburgh Comicon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by virtue1st, Dec 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtue1st

virtue1st Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 1998
    It was mentioned in another thread that to be official, we actually have to do official things. I'd like to suggest that, if possible, some of us could get together at the Pittsburgh Comicon in Monroeville. They're held every year, usually on a 3 day weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) in March or April, and they're alot of fun. They're even semi-Star Wars related; David Prowse was there a few years ago signing autographs, and Shannon Baksa (the Mara Jade model) was there last year. They also usually have a bunch of artists from various Star Wars comics and magazines, not to mention tons of SW merchandise for sale. Movies and anime are shown throughout the day, and maybe afterwards we could go to a restaurant and/or catch a movie.

Has anyone here been to a Comicon in Monroeville in recent years? Would anyone like to go to the next one? It's still a few months away, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I havn't been there, but it sounds really cool.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I've never been to the one in Monroeville but conventions are cool I'll go.

4. WessidePat

WessidePat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    I possibly would go. That is a good place to unload a lot of the stuff I don't want anymore.

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I think it is to.

6. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    Im not really into comics that much... But I would still go it would be cool!

7. virtue1st

virtue1st Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 1998
    Ok, I just saw a print ad for the show. It'll be held on April 27th, 28th, and 29th at the Pittsburgh Expomart in Monroeville (right next to the Monroeville Mall).

Shannon Baksa is scheduled to be there again. I met her last year and took some pics with her, and she's really nice. Matt Busch, a painter who's work has appeared in the Star Wars Insider mag, and Mark Schultz, who wrote a few Star Wars comics, will also be there.

More details can be found at www.pittsburghcomicon.com

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks for the info.

9. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    its a great idea to go there

plus i might bea ble to get some of my freinds to go so we could get bigger

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Coolbeans! I probibly won't be able to go, because my mom doesn't let me do anything with people I meet over the Net.

11. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll definately be there. I just got my stormtrooper armor together and will be wearing it, so you'll know who I am. :-D

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I emailed there website to find out if they give group rates. The answer was no but in the future if they do they will let me know.

13. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    Wow this is cool... so it looks like we have plans!! Can't wait. We should try to do something sooner... We do need 3 activities to be offical...

14. Darth_Gohan

Dec 6, 2000
    we could try to get tickets for a pens game...

15. WessidePat

WessidePat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    That would be cool. Tickets are cheap if you have student IDs. That was the best thing about dropping out of Penn State, ... keeping my ID. :) My friend and I go to a lot of games seeing we are hockey junkies.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If you don't have a student id a they'll take a current report card also.

17. Darth_Gohan

Dec 6, 2000
    when would be a gaood game to go?

18. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    You can get them in advance at music x in Oakland... do you even think we can get tickets with mario back. Your lucky if you can get 2 by each other let alone all of us.... I am still up for trying to go though.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'd go but we would have to find out which game we were trying to get so I can make sure I'm off. Mondays and saturdays are pretty open for me.

20. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    i love comics and go every year to the comicon in monroeville, and im going to the pens game this jan 12 against the islanders, im from pittsburgh(west view, in north hills) but moved back from west side manhatten a few months ago

21. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    maybe we could try and go to that game then....

22. Darth_Gohan

Dec 6, 2000
    even if we dont sit next to each other... we could all meet at a place to get some dinner first... because i dont think we will all get seats next to each other... any cool places you wanna eat... im all for charlies on the fringe. i know thats kinda far from the civic ... sorry mellon arena.. so ill go any where though

23. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    Lets go to the hockey game feb 20. I dont know who its against, but I know I have tickets.

24. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    uh, I mean the 21st of feb.

25. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    AAAAhhhh!!!!! comics!! And I have no idea how to get to Monrowville and no car!!*blat*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.