main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plans for Episode III Premiere in Tokyo?

Discussion in 'Archive: Japan' started by dcruzin, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcruzin

dcruzin Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hi,

I'm actually an American student studying in Japan until September, but I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I actually just flew to Taiwan to watch the premiere of Episode III there. But I know it comes out in Japan on July 9, and I was wondering if there are local fans who are making plans to watch the movie together. If others are interested, we could start planning when/where to meet and watch the Japanese premiere of Episode III. Just seeing if there's any interest. If anyone knows of Japanese Star Wars fan clubs, please let me know or post links here.

Thanks,
    Darwin

2. darth-nerfherder

darth-nerfherder Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2004
    Glad to hear from you. I just moved to Japan about a month and a half ago from California. I am living near Tokyo (Nishi-Funabashi), and I am waiting for the release here as well.

P.S. I hear Colton Plaza has a good theater, my roommate works with the owner.

3. Tokyo-Bounty-Hunter

Tokyo-Bounty-Hunter Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    I'm waiting too.
    Knowing Tokyo, I'm sure they'll be all kinds of promotions and events going on.

4. campingtrooper7

campingtrooper7 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    do any of you have storm trooper costumes?

5. dcruzin

dcruzin Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    darth-nerfherder,

Does your friend know if that theater is having an special events on opening day? Also, in Japan, will they have midnight showings? In Taiwan, the theater I went do did not, so I wanted to check about things in Taiwan.

So does anyone have any new news about groups possibly meeting up for the Episode III premiere? If not, maybe some of us here could decide on a theater and spread the word. Let me know what you think.

6. hanya

hanya Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Hi,

Is there anyone go to Shinjyuku plaza on "sensen-kou" day(June 25th)?

I am Japanses STAR WARS fan so I can help you
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

7. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Hello,I am Roguegirl from the Philippines.I have a question.How come Japan has to wait until July to be able to see Star Wars movies?

I have seen the movie Revenge of the Sith.and all I can say is You will enjoy it.Have fun and May the Force be with you.

8. hanya

hanya Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Hi,Roguegirl.

The reason is simple. People say to released the STAR WARS movies in July is a tradition in Japan. but I don`t think so. The summer vacations begin from mid of July in here so a lot of people go to see the movie in July not May. The movie distributing agency want to get a TON of money...

I have seen the movie,too! It`s really great. I lined up in front of the Chinses theater for a week.It is so much worth to did it. But I am going to go to see it Japan again and again.

9. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Ah,so vacation time and not tradition is the basis for the July schedule.Interesting.Thanks,Hanya.

After seeing Revenge of the Sith,I could only sympatize with Anakin.Luke was right,there is still good in him.

10. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I think it's actually because there's only one little old Japanese lady who does all of the subtitles for every western movie released here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.