main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plasma Venting Unit - Stop By & Blow Off Some Steam

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    The screen thing is weird. I remember the side had a slight kink in toward the center before, but someone/something has now bent the frame out at the bottom to the point that the metal partially snapped, making the whole thing come out of its seat around more than half the perimeter. The stray cat that hangs around the house does come and claw at the screen once in a while for attention, and I remember semi-waking up one night this week hearing the cat doing it again. But I can't believe a cat did this... leverage and strength should be out of range, right? Which leaves me to wonder what did. If it were a person trying to break in, they'd have made it in and I would expect stuff to be missing. I mean, what other than a robbery could it be? If it's not a person, then what? An ambitious raccoon on steroids?? It's kind of creepy.

The other possibility is that the frame was already damaged a long time ago, but bent back in place. I suppose if that's the case, the cat could have merely pulled it out again. I guess that's probably the most likely scenario.

pics

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Is the screen part torn at all? 'Cause, holy hell, that looks like something was trying to get OUT!

3. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yes, the screen was torn a little. The cat does claw at it, though, so that's not a surprise. But yeah, the fact that it looks like something was trying to get out did occur to me. And actually, this might make sense, now that I think about it. Some of the windowsills have scratches on them, like they were clawed a bit. I think a former tenant might have had a decent-sized dog. If the dog was home alone one day and wanted out, and the window was left open, it could have done this trying to get out. Former tenant pushes the screen back in place/in shape, and then it stays that way until the cat accidentally tugs it out again the other night.

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I found out I am mildly allergic to bee stings

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sorry to hear that, Becca. :(

We had a bit of a rough weekend. Had to put the dog down. He wasn't reacting well to the change, and ended up biting Kyla and a neighbor boy in the last couple of weeks. The shelter wouldn't adopt him out, so he had to be euthanized. :( Saturday was not a good day. :(

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    So sorry for your loss, Bill. Putting down a dog who is like a family member is one of the hardest things to have to do. Peace be with you, and your dog, bro.

7. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks. :) It was tough, but the right call. He did not take well to camping, or being in different environments, He was great around the house, but not the best when the house moved.

He's chasing his tail right now. And running in dog parks with no fences. Bandit is a happy dog. :D

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Be careful with that! My dad was never allergic before. Then he was mildly allergic. Now he carries around an epi-pen. Apparently if you get stung your allergy can increase.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog, Bill. :(

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I like Southwest for most things, but they've annoyed me this time. Most airlines list the base price for a flight and that's what it is - the real base price. Southwest seems to treat this as more of a vague guideline rather than a real concrete quantitative number. There is the 'base price' number they list on their schedule, but it apparently doesn't have a direct correlation to the real base price you see listed once you've started the purchase process.

Why the gripe? Well, when researching yesterday, I looked up all the final prices once fees and taxes were calculated. I went back today, and even though the schedule page still listed the same 'base price' number, the total price had jumped up $32. WTF? Airport fees and taxes surely didn't change, so I have to assume that Southwest increased their real base price on the purchase page. The fact that they raised their price doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they don't admit it on the price list. They sneak it in later, like a bait and switch. If you're going to raise your price, admit it up front. o_O

10. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I quit my job and got fired on Friday.But I do have an interview today for a new job.

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Wow. That's a lot to happen all at once. Good luck, Jay.

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh no, hopefully you got fired in case the other job doesn't work out. Can't collect unemployment if you quit, FYI.

I would just like to add that I'm sick of working with stupid people, I think it's rubbing off and I don't like that either.

13. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004

I thought you couldnt collect it if you were fired too?

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Only if they dispute it, but most don't unless you were a total *******.

15. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I was sub contracted and I don't have a licensee.

16. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I can't claim anything.But I always make it some how and I love star wars;I will cary onn!,sorry ive been drinkin...

17. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    and just for the record I didn't do anything to deserve this....

18. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I didn't mean any bad thoughts to anyone,I just need to rethink my life and correct my direction...

19. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    Sorry for spilling my mind!

20. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    And thanks for listening.I feel better!

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    And that's exactly what this thread is for!

22. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    You should be good so long as you don't start selling death sticks!

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Dangit. That's how I was thinking of funding my C-VI trip. :_|

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I had to upgrade my phone, and when I got in to work today, I realized that the headphone jack is not the standard sized one. Now I have to buy a special set of headphones. Grrrrr. (my phone is my MP3 player).

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Grimby's right -- that's what this thread is for. :) I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you continue to feel better. [:D]

And Jonathan beat me to the joke! :p

Sorry about the headphones, Bill. I'm loving my Pandora account, but I don't know if that's an option for you.