main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plasma Venting Unit - Stop By & Blow Off Some Steam

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Important bigwig meeting at 8am this morning. Seriously, whose idea was this? I'm fine with being up and functional - I'm usually just finishing my workout at the gym and heading for the showers at 8am - but who wants to be intellectual and professional at that time?

2. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    No wonder I'm not getting any experiments done anymore. I'm always either in a meeting, preparing for a meeting, in a meeting planning how to prepare for another meeting (kid you not), or my current favorite, troubleshooting crap equipment that keeps breaking.

Someone please either shoot me or give me a strong drink. I'm not particular which one.

3. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I understand your pain. I have a daily meetin every day at 7:15 am. A meeting once a week at 6 am and just this week, I had a meeting at 6 one day, then 7 the next and a 6:30 am tomorrow. Sometimes I can do them from home but the ones at 6, I need to be in the office for. So that means up at about 4:45 because it is about a 40 minute drive to work. I get there about 5:45 am.

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    OMG, that's horrible! And it should be against the rules.

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Agreed. That's not right. Do you have to conference in with people on the East Coast, or in England or something? Or do you just work for morning-loving dingbats?

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I have to have meeting with people in Poland, which sucks.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    OK, at least there is a semblance of logic to it.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Freaking raccoons. We does not like them very much right now, precious. Why didn't they wait and have their party after we were gone? :_|

edit: Ok, perhaps they did serve some purpose. I almost completely forgot the cheesecake stuff. If not for the raccoons, I wouldn't have stumbled out to the computer half asleep to vent, seen the patry thread, and thought... 'hm, oh yeah. Food.'

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    You are too funny T!!!

Ok, so now that I have an hour and a half left at work I can finally start on MY to do list!!!! Now I don't want to!!!!! Just want to go home.

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I don't wanna go to work. :(

11. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I don't really wanna be.

12. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
  13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.........................................

x.x

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sounds like you have an air leak.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Maybe that's what it is. I do feel like a flat tire.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Dear coworker,

Mislabeling chemicals is a Bad Thing. You really caused a stir when you mislabeled HCl (relatively ok chemical) as HF (OMG, uber dangerous, even trained chemists do anything to avoid it, chemical. And then you walked away and left it sitting there in lab.

Granted, it would be infinitely worse if it were the other way around and you mislabeled the uber dangerous one as something less dangerous, but still... Yeah, we'd appreciate this never, ever happening again. Ever. The whole work area was almost shut down.

18. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    3 days since I had my wisdom teeth out - Why oh why do they hurt so if they are not there anymore?!!? :_|

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Screw you, work. After working really long hours all week while sick, I get to come in for the weekend too. At first it was just going to be just one insane long day today, but I found out this morning that one of the machines wasn't working last night so my devices still aren't done. If it's working today, an operator might be able to come in to do that step... and then I'll undoubtedly end up in there both today and tomorrow to get through everything. All that was getting me through this week was the thought that I could collapse and sleep and hopefully get over this flu on the weekend.

:mad::oops::_|

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    HF = Hydrofluoric acid??

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep. Nasty stuff. Luckily it turned out to be just hydrochloric acid instead.

22. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    So I was on a job yesterday and I left my buddy who was helping me out to keep working while I grabbed some supplies. Sometime in that half hour somebody decided to steal my gas can and my string trimmer from the driveway. Kicker is that Nick was in and out of the back yard constantly while I was gone. Lame! Probably cost $400 to replace and keeping me from becoming the thousandaire I aspire to become. Why couldn't the douches steal from walmart where the owner makes a billion dollars no matter what?

23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Bastards...Sorry to hear that Dan :mad:

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That totally blows. :(

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Super Bummer, I think there is a special place for those kind of people. dh had that happen to him in the HD parking lot, took a ton of tools right out of the truck.

So I get a metric ton of work thrown on me (that will teach me to take a day off) so someone else can come up with procedures and has been in meetings & training for over a month and I get all the questions of how things are done. First off, the person in charge of making procedures has NEVER done anything like that before, in the past she said she would do it and never has for little things like office supplies. What makes them think she will pull off procedures for an entire company and do it in a timely manner. All she does is run around telling every single person who will listen how hard something was to do or how many phone calls it took, etc.

So I will give her enough rope to hang herself, meanwhile I will start my procedure write ups so when they come to me & ask me to save thier happy @$$ I will act like I worked myself to death to get it done :p