main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post NJO series

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's some news on the post NJO trilogy I found on tF.N

No one at ComicCon asked about the titles. Argh. And there I was, all set to spill it.....

The title to the trilogy is:

Star Wars: Dark Nest

The first book:

The Joiner King

Second:

The Unseen Queen

Third:

The Swarm War

As you can see, they're more on the fantasy side of Sci Fi. I like them. Okay, "Dark" is in there... but we left out "Shadow."

And yeah, Raynar is one of the main characters.

This sounds horrible. The first thing I thought of was the Ender series, which is great, but in the Star Wars Universe, especially after we just got done with the NJO? Come on, the last thing I was looking forward to was another dark and dreary series with a new bunch of aliens (which is only presumption from the titles). I think I'll be sticking with the Clone Wars stuff for now as it seems to be really good.

Just started Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons. I like it so far. It's a nice break from the mainstream characters, which I need before diving into Cestus Deception.

I don't understand why no one has written a Drizzt-like Jedi. That'd be sweet! :D

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, those titles do sound rather Ender-esque.

Raynar?!?! Nothing good could possibly come of that. That's like writing a trilogy on Neville Longbottom. It would get very old very quick.

Sad. :(

In other news, I would like to announce to all that I have finished "The Final Prophecy" and am finally moving forward with (and enjoying) the NJO again. YAYYYYY!!!!!!!

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well that's good! Have you started the Forgotten Realms stuff???

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I didn't bring it with me. I brought all of the books I started and then couldn't finish. I'm so proud because I am finally getting caught up in my reading!

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It's just been posted on tF.N that they have the three authors for this nine book series.

Why!!!!! No more long crappy things!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Nine books? Dang Martha.

This is one series I have no intention of getting into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.