main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preparations for Meet #6

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Darth Dowe, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I think buying the tickets early would be a VERY wise idea with LotR, even if it won't necessarily sell out out there. Just to be on the safe side. Of course, that'd also mean we'd need a full headcount a week or so in advance. None of this backing out at the last minute if we're ordering tickets.

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    There is to much money at stake to back out.

One question: Who is going to order them. I, for one, do not have a credit card.

3. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Neither do I. My parents might be nice and use theirs, though probably only if they go along with me.

4. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a credit card. I'd be willing to use it. But, you all would have to send me the money in advance just so I would have it and wouldn't have to worry about tracking someone down and getting money from them.

But, thats fine. Just let me know the definite number of tickets, get me the money, and I'll order them for you when the time comes.

5. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    Sounds like a good idea! Just tell me how much and where ta send it, and it's all good! :D

6. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Same with me.

7. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Sounds like a very good idea.

8. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    A couple things...

Is it decided that we are going on the 22nd?
    and,
    How would I go about getting my money to Beth? I don't have a checking account, so I can't send her a check.
    Beth: I AM a reliable person and I WILL have your money. I guess it's up to you...

9. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I have a credit card, and it might be easier if I took care of this.

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yes, it probably would be seeing as you are local and most of us actually know you.

11. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey...just to let you all know why I would need the money for the tickets before hand...

Its sort of a joint credit card and I need to get permission from my parents before I use it. So, in order for my Mom to let me order tickets I would need the money ahead of time. But, if someone else wants to do it thats fine.

But, I do trust you all...its just the rents. But, be sure to let me know whats up.

12. Musasa

Musasa Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 1999
    Hi folks,

Found my way to this thread with Theo's help. I'm on the staff at collectstarwars.com and used to post quite a bit on SSG.

Anyway, I'm in MA now and would like to meet up with your group one of these days, if you've got room for one more. :)

The LOTR idea sounds great. My wife is flying in and should be in town on the 22nd. Just curious - how are you going to book the tickets? Is there a site? Is it that Fandango thing with Lowes? If we don't wind up hooking up with you guys, I'd like to be able to book advance tickets meself. :)

BTW, nice community you've got here!

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    We're not entirely sure on how we're getting the tickets yet. I checked the Hoyts website, and their listings for times only goes up to the Ninth, and we need times for the Twenty-second...

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, when we get around to it, order me a ticket. Even if I can't make it, I'll stil compensate. So far, it looks as if I can make it. As for work, I'll probably be working 11-4. I can get out of that though. I'll just call in sick. Unless anyone wants to go at like 7 or 8, but that's kind of late (isn't the movie supposed to be long?). Anyway, I don't expect everyone to go at one time just because of my work.

15. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    werd =] if anyone in the worcester area needs a ride, i'll be going rt 122 to 290 to the mall, anyone somewhat on that way contact me if you need a ride, i'll see what i can do. i have seats for... 4 seats more if people want to sit in the back. aim: Theedage email: theed@decrypt.com

Also, what time of the showing are we seeing or is this far too early to tell?

16. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    So far, so good.

//waves hand at father

I can go to the Fan Force meeting.

Good idea son, I should let you fix the toilet!

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I've got to send The Email soon. One slight hitch: how're we going to know the showtimes?

18. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Earliest possible way I know is 1 week to 8 days in advance thru hollywood.com

19. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Hoyts.com has theater listings, only problem is they aren't up to the 22nd yet...

20. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Blah we need someone in the group to work at a cinema. Make this whole process easier. Especially for E2's eventual release.

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    //runs off and gets a job...

22. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    //goes up to theater manager

I'll give you three seconds to tell me why I shouldn't have this job...

//wakes up in a dumpster

23. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    so, what's the plan??

24. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    We need an insider ;p

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    We need a Vong infiltrator to work for us.

If you preorder them Tom, can I give you the money at the meet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.