main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Proposal for Lincoln FanForce for this summer

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I propose that the Lincoln Fan Force plan two activities for this summer. Either getting together to see a movie at the theatre or doing something like bowling, mini golf or laser tag.

p.s. why hasn't anyone made a report about the meeting that was on April 17th? I wasn't there due to seeing a movie, so I don't know if anyone showed up or what went on.

New members are required to be at least 13 and register on the boards so they can give their own input. I hope if anyone showed up that was new, that you told them they should register.

2. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Liz, if you want an activity how about you try planning it. So far what OWA and I have tried hasn't gone over too well with you.

We didn't make a report because three of us showed up, and I had something come up so I had to leave really early, so there wasn't really anything to report. And you didn't ask about it, so we figured you didn't really care.

3. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Ashley, I have transportation issues. The bus is the only regular form of transportation that I can use and that's not available on sundays and at night. I wouldn't take it at night anyway.

I do think that planning activities should be a group effort cause there are always conflictions that may arise, like family vacations, emergencies, etc.

It has to be something everyone would like - especially if we would manage to get new members.

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Right. So pick a couple times/places/whatever that work for you and throw the ideas out to the group.

I guess it was just a little frustrating to finally plan the meeting you've been wanting us to have for like two years, and then you didn't show up and didn't offer any alternatives. Please, if you really want us to meet so much help us come up with something instead of leaving us to take the initiative and then not showing.

I don't care if this isn't a priority for you, quite frankly it isn't for me either. But it's really annoying to us when you only post to talk about how we never meet and we really need to do something or we should be deactivated and whatnot.

We enjoy socializing here, and I don't think any of us have much energy to build this into a huge thing. IMO, FF shouldn't be a chore. :)

5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    It's been almost a month...

Uh, had any ideas yet, Liz? [face_frustrated]

6. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, how about seeing Shrek 2 at Douglas 3 either this Friday or a week from Friday?

This of course depends on if Douglas theatres drops it from the Douglas 3 location and only other ones are Southpointe and East Park.

Is Ashley in South Dakota?

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I got back half an hour ago :)

I won't be able to do a meet for the next month or so, because I'll be in Peru. But you should totally still try to organise one :)

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Peru?!?! :eek: You've always been so lucky. [face_mischief] What are you going to do there?

And I probably won't be available for a while too. I'm kinda busy at the moment. :(

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Mission trip in Arequipa :)

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Awesome! :D I hope you have a really good time. :)

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    how about we try to aim for late August before School begins or sometime in September when school isn't too much in swing? we could see a movie or something at a downtown theatre (downtown so dorm dwellers could go) and so I can take the bus.

We'll just have to agree on a movie or whatever....too bad the Laser Tag place is at East Park.......

We'll think of something. Just throw ideas into this thread and then I'll create a poll or something. *shrugs*

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Well, should we try doing something around the beginning of September? Like on the weekend of the fourth or the eleventh? I think seeing a movie would be a fun thing to do together while we work on having another meeting (and we could iron out some things out at it.)

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    but could we all agree on a movie? I don't go to Rated R movies and most of the over PG rated movies out there don't interest me anyway.

Why don't we pick a few movies, create a poll and have everyone vote on a movie. Then we can vote on a time to see it.

Oh, and if it would be the weekend of the 4th of Sept, its possible I'd be in Omaha. My niece's birthday is the day before and I might be taking her to see The Princess Diaries sequel. And then staying over night..... (I'm not 100% on this plan though).

So, why don't we all pick a few movies and then plan to see one. If we can wait until October, there's a cute movie called A SHARK's TALE coming out. Or in November there's the next one from Pixar - THE INCREDIBLES.

I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out cause there was a movie chosen they don't want to see.

So, I like the idea, but lets come up with some movie suggestions and then VOTE.

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    but could we all agree on a movie? I don't go to Rated R movies and most of the over PG rated movies out there don't interest me anyway.

Well... we don't need to see a movie, but I can't think of much else to do downtown (unfortunately.) :( Do you have any other ideas?

Why don't we pick a few movies, create a poll and have everyone vote on a movie. Then we can vote on a time to see it.

Sounds like a good idea, but there really aren't any movies I want to see either. [face_plain] So, uh people can throw some ideas out. :D

...and I might be taking her to see The Princess Diaries sequel. And then staying over night..... (I'm not 100% on this plan though).

I'm embarrassed to say I want to see this movie. The first one was such a guilty pleasure. I thought it looked sooo stupid but my sister got me to watch it one night and it was so much fun. :eek: [face_blush]

So, why don't we all pick a few movies and then plan to see one. If we can wait until October, there's a cute movie called A SHARK's TALE coming out. Or in November there's the next one from Pixar - THE INCREDIBLES.

I say we should see The Incredibles together. You never know, the Episode III trailer might be on it too. :cool:

15. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ok Liz, it's been almost two months and you still haven't posted anything more to this thread. You are always pushing us to have meetings yet you never put an effort forward to help us and then you never show up. Ashley and I are forced to do all of the organizing by ourselves and frankly I'm getting kind of sick of it. Now I could've just posted in here saying something like "we really should do something..." but I'm in a bad mood today and I'm sick of this. So, I think I'm done with FanForce. If you can ever organize a meeting I'll go to it but I'm not going to try to organize one again if you aren't interested. [face_plain]

Have a nice day.

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I apologize for not showing up at the last meeting - I decided at the last moment that I wanted to see a movie - and if I had gone to the meeting, I would have had to leave early and RUN to the theatre in order to buy my ticket so I could see the movie.

I should have explained myself at the time.

I just don't want the work all pushed on me either. Its not fair to you and Ashley OR to me to plan the meeting. It must be a joint effort. But I'm limited due to you two being college students. Having meetings only downtown limits the places where we can meet or do something fun - e.g. see THE INCREDIBLES.

I'm going to take rogue_o9's offer to do a photoshop poster. That is, if we can ever finally agree on a design.

17. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    My, my, my . . . . how the mighty Lincoln FanForce has fallen. . . .

edit: no flaming

Enjoy Revenge of the Sith and good luck, kids!

18. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Nevermind . . . . the Soviet censors are back . . . .

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    My, my, my . . . . how the mighty Lincoln FanForce has fallen. . . .

We were ever mighty?!? [face_laugh]

I apologize for not showing up at the last meeting - I decided at the last moment that I wanted to see a movie - and if I had gone to the meeting, I would have had to leave early and RUN to the theatre in order to buy my ticket so I could see the movie.

Ok, here's the big problem. It took us a year for us to decide on a day when we could have a meeting... yet you decided that seeing a movie was more important.

I just don't want the work all pushed on me either. Its not fair to you and Ashley OR to me to plan the meeting. It must be a joint effort.

That obviously hasn't been happening though.

20. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I completely, absolutely, totally, and in all other ways concur with OWA. Well said.

21. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    WitchKing73, before you go ranting on, posting things that violate the TOS here...try expressing your concerns/displeasure with the way things are being managed without flaming someone. If you have real concerns...I'd like to hear them in civilized discussion.

22. euthanasia

euthanasia Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    questionaire for witchking
    [image=http://www.wholenotherthing.com/Images/bugs/arthropod2.jpg]

23. Talon_Knightwing

Talon_Knightwing Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    holy cow! its been a year and a half since i last posted, and i STILL see everyone bickering. I'm not trying to come off all grouchy or anything, i admit that I havn't done much for this group (although i DID make it to a meeting all the way from HASTINGS). do things ever change around here? is there anything i could do to try to help out?

PS - and most importantly, HI YOU GUYS!! NICE TO SEE YA AGAIN!!

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Bickering is our business! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.