main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Questions about Droids TV series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kez-Iban, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't know if many other people have any questions about the Droids TV series, but if you do, here is a place to discuss them. I'm a fan of this show as you can tell by my name on the forum and my picture, but I am by no means an expert. I am also the guy who put together, and from time to time, does a little work on the Droids and Ewoks fan site droidsandewoks.weebly.com. There aren't a lot of us fans of the classic cartoons out there, but there are a committed few! Hopefully there are some people on here who know a lot more than I do about Droids.
    Here's a few questions that I've been wondering about:
    1. Was Droids only intended to run for one season, or was it cancelled and the second season was scrapped? Has there ever been mention that work was underway on a second season?
    2. Here's one regarding the character bios on the back of the Kenner figure packaging. First, it says that Tig is the younger son of Sise Fromm. As far as I've seen, this is the only time that it's ever been implied that there was another son. Second, it says that Jann Tosh is an orphan of the Clone Wars. Again, I think this is the only time that this was ever mentioned. I wonder if Kenner was just giving incorrect information, if these were bits of info that were being considered earlier on in character development and then then dropped and never mentioned in the TV series, or if Kenner was just given freedom to develop a bit more of a back story for some of these guys? Anyway, the main thing that I'm wondering is if the Kenner bios for these characters would be considered canon information. I guess Leland Chee is the guy who would have the definitive answer to this one, but in the meantime, what do the guys and girls here think?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    To answer the first question, I'm sure the series was cancelled after the first season. I think it was due to the fact that the Ewoks cartoon was more successful and/or popular so they scrapped the plans for any additional seasons of the series.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.