main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD speculation...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Oakessteve, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    As The Phantom Menace has a commentary track with George Lucas, and I think the forthcoming Willow does too, does anyone reckon that Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the other Indiana Jones films will, too? And also, that Steven Spielberg might do the commentary on them, as well? So far he hasn't done any commentaries at all on his films released so far on DVD, so does anyone reckon it's possible that George Lucas might be able to persuade Steven to do the commentaries for the Indiana Jones films, too? I know I'm speculating, but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks. Sorry if this thread is redundant.

2. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    I'd rather have a Spielberg commentary then a Lucas commentary... [face_plain]

But maybe that's just me ;)

3. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, if Lawrence Kasdan did it, too. Now that would be cool!

4. Synecdoche

Synecdoche Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2001

I'd like to hear from all 3. If only 2 could make it for some strange reason, though, I'd go with Spielberg and Kasdan.

5. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    What about Ford?

6. Synecdoche

Synecdoche Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2001
  7. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, Harrison Ford too, certainly. My one complaint about the commentary on the DVD was that no one told any interesting stories about the actors, like stuff that happened on set, or lines they had particular difficulty with, or how they came to cast them. If they did manage to persuade Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, and Harrison Ford to all do the commentary together, not seperately like on The Phantom Menace DVD, I think the whole thing would flow much better, and probably be very interesting indeed to listen to. Anyone agree with me?

8. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I do. I prefer commentaries that are more conversational between several people, each bringing up points about different stages of production. Like Fight Club or, er, Ghostbusters.

Spielberg, Lucas, Kasdan and Ford would be perfect. Or maybe Lucas and Kasdan, and then Spielberg and Ford - so nothing gets drowned out.

EDIT: Learned to spell.

9. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    I'd like three seperate commentaries.

1) Spielberg
    2) Lucas and Kasdan
    3) Ford and other actors in the film

;)

10. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Wow...wouldn't it be great if this actually came true? In someways it would be interesting to have Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford doing the commentary together, as when it comes to the scene where Indy shoots the sword-man, the two of them could have an argument about who came up with the idea of doing it like that! Well, it would make me laugh.

11. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Willow will not have a Lucas commentary.

12. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I would love for this too.

BTW, do any of you think it is possible that they might also do commentaries for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade as well?

I would like all three with commentaries if possible.

13. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    A commentary with both Lucas and Spielberg would be great. I'd also want it to be like the TPM DVD where every time you pop it in a menu screen based on a different locale would appear. Ones for South America, Nepal, Cairo, and Tanis would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.