main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Good hearing from you, nonetheless, WoV. Sorry to hear about your roommate's grandfather.

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Thanks.

Yeah, his Grandfather fell and broke his hip and wrist a couple weeks ago and they found an artery that is 90-95% blocked in the process however, because he just had surgery on his hip, they won't put him at risk and operate on the blockage. Now his oxygen levels are dropping (assumably because of the blockage and because they have taken him off the supplemental oxygen supply - why? I dunno) and were at 81% earlier today. At this point, we are thinking it is only a matter of time... the Grandfather is ready to go (has been since his wife passed on last year) and my room mate is at peace either way.

I honestly can't wait to get together with you guys sometime in the future just to put the faces with the names. I was hoping to get to SMF this year and to be able to get you to and from the train station. Oh well, as they say, there's always next year! :)

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey there WoV. Sorry to hear about your bad stretch. Hopefully the change of season will also bring about a change in luck.

If you do manage to scrape together something to donate, just let me know and I'll make it a point to meet you somewhere and pick the stuff up.

Good luck with the new job!

4. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Thanks!

My daughter got a couple duplicate items for her birthday that were never exchanged. She is really into charitable giving so, perhaps if I tell her it's for a charity, she would be more likely to give them up.

What charities will the raffles be benefiting this year?

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
  6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just wanted to drop a (belated) Happy Halloween off to everyone! Did anyone here get dressed up? Here's a link to the 'Halloween 2006' section of boston.com. I sent in a pic of my wife and I as Dog the bounty hunter and his wife Beth.

Update: Don't know what happened to the link but here's the pic.
    [image=http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/mikebrunco/halloween-6.jpg]

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ummm, me not see no link?

I dressed up in my Jedi garb for work on Tuesday and took home the 'Judges Choice' award :D

My kids dressed up but did not go trick or treating. Wormie Jr. wore his Sheriff Woody costume to school (although he seems less than thrilled about it in the photo :D )and my daughter dressed up as a ballerina after she decided that she didn't want to wear the costume my wife picked out for her, which was a pink poodle. Can't say I blame her :D

[Image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/Halloween%20Costumes/jordy.jpg]

[Image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/Halloween%20Costumes/jeff.jpg]

]

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I hope our friends on the North Shore are OK after that ink factory explosion in Danvers last night. They're saying no one was killed or even seriously hurt, but I heard a lot of houses in the area were lost.

9. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    That ink plant explosion was both scary and a blessing at the same time. I can't imagine waking to an explosion like that but, so lucky for everyone that there were no fatalities.

Well, just checking in on the Boards as I can't seem to be able to sleep tonight...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

11. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Just popping in to wish one and all a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and, if anyone celebrates it, Happy Kwanza...

and to all a good night! [:D]

While searching for wrapping paper earlier in the season, I was able to score this awesome SW paper... my only wish was that it has said "Merry Sith-mas". Instead it says "If good you are, many gifts you will receive" and (my personal favourite) "I find your lack of joy disturbing".

Hoping you and your families have a very Merry Christmas!!!

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks WoV...where did you score the wrapping paper? [face_laugh]

Hope the holidays are good for you as well, WoV. :D

13. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I scored the paper at the Toys R Us in Framingham when I bought my son the X-Wing Fighter LEGO set for my son. I happened on it accidentally, as I wasn't even looking for it and, of course, I had to pick it up!

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Don't know if anyone here is interested in old-school video games, or knows anyone else who is, but I've got a couple of auctions going on and I thought I'd drop the info in here.

eBay item #: 320069674814
    Listed as: Nintendo Entertainment System / Controllers / 24 games

Right now all that I have going os the NES but I'm going to put together a package with my Sega and Atari consoles too.

15. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    Today, I got:

The episode I, II, and II soundtracks

Star Wars Legacy #7

and The New Essential Chronology

It was a good day.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Were the soundtracks the individual ones or is there a boxed set available?

17. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    Individuals, I couldn't find a box set, I'm don't think they have one.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's what I thought. I wonder if to celebrate the 30th anniversary if they'll put out a giant boxed set of all 6 soundtracks with alternate tracks and other 'goodies'.

19. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Chaos!

[image=http://echobaserebels.com/photos/albums/userpics/10039/normal_chaos.jpg]

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wow. You just don't see many 'Cannonball Run' references anymore.

21. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Well, it is the Random Thread, right? o_O

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Solo42986/SlimHeadshot.jpg]

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Turner Broadcasting issued a statement in the last hour that a series of suspicious packages found today in various places in the city of Boston was part of a publicity campaign for the Cartoon Network show, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force". It'll be interesting to track the fallout of this stunt.

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Wow. This thread is still going?

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome back, J_K150...how's everything been?

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Happy Groundhog Day! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.