main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I'd have to say things have been pretty good. I've gotten a chance to go to a lot of conventions this year, and in August I start school at Florida Institute of Technology where I will major in astronomy and astrophysics with a nice $44,000 academic scholarship. Hopefully I may even make it to Dragon Con this year for the first time. I see a lot of the icons I made are still in use here on the boards.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Do those include the Boston Rebels avatar I use? :D

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Nah. Not sure who made that one. All the icons I made are listed on the site in my sig. The ones being used by the boards are at the bottom of the page.

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    So how many people from the old crew are still here?

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm still a fairly new face (August will be the third anniversary of my first meet), so I probably don't know most of the people you did. I think the most senior FanForce person I've seen recently is Chris (DarthLucanas, now Mohawk-Elvis, the Foxboro CR).

6. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    If anyone cares, Anna Nicole Smith dies...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/08/anna.nicole.collapses/index.html

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I won't comment too much on this, but I can't say that I'm shocked. She seemed like a person who was very unstable and unhappy. I understand that she did just give birth not too long ago, so I do feel bad for her baby.

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Yeah, my room mate and I are in agreement that it's not a big surprise.

The baby will have a good life (we can only hope) with the father.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I scored me a pair of tickets this weekend for the Red Sox/Yankees game on June 1st! [face_dancing] I entered one of the ticket lotteries at redsox.com last week and was notified on Friday that I was selected.:D

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    G/J Wormie! :D

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Can't say I'm a huge fan of most of the 'popular' music today, but I did tune into the first 5 minutes or so of the Grammy's last night. The Police reunited to kick off the show by performing 'Roxanne''!

Rumor has it that a reunion tour will kick off this summer and include a couple of shows at Fenway Park in July!!!! Something tells me that these tickets will be even harder to get than the Sox/Yanks ones I got.

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Sox/Yanks tickets?!?!?!! That's awesome! I put my name into the lottery for Monster seats and was picked but didn't have the cash to follow thru :_|.
    I haven't been to a game in a few years and I'm hoping I can get out to one this summer. There's been so many changes to the team since then I feel like I need to catch up.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I got pulled for Monster seats last year. Thank goodness too because they've jacked up the prices of the GM seats this year. Last year they ranged anywhere between $80-140 depending on what row and game. This year, they're ALL $140 :mad: If my name was pulled for those I would have passed as well. Eiither that or bought 4 of them and then turn around and sell them on StubHub for about $1000 [face_devil] :D

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    My friend just sent this to me... LMAO!

Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day (or February 14th... depending on how you look at it)!

[face_laugh]

http://www1.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3024018&path=25524

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    This is about a week (maybe more) late, but WifeofVader brought this to my attention:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x144053373

The Good Time Emporium, where we've had meets before, is considering relocating to the old Sam's Club site near the Natick Mall.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's interesting news. Doesn't sound like GTE is going to be moving there any time soon though. I completely forgot about that Sam's Club building. It's a really weird location. It's right on Rt. 9, but you can't get to it from Rte. 9. You have to loop up and around onto Speen St. to get there. Without some improved traffic infrastructure, it could be a disaster getting in and out of there.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Anyone going to be looking for the R2-D2 mailbox in the Boston area? If you find it, post the location...I'd like to see if we can get the Boston group together for a photo opportunity with the mailbox. :D

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
  19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    One of our MySpace friends has said he spotted one of the R2 mailboxes outside Symphony Hall. Can someone confirm this?

20. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    good luck trying to find someone to confirm the R2 sighting everyone that used to post from "Boston" has vanished never to be heard from again. I must have scared them all off when I started posting here. lol

21. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey guys... I work right in Framingham. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for the R2 box. I was at the central PO this afternoon and didn't see it there.

If I spot it, I will let you know.

I'm also known to be seen in Worcester from time to time.

Like I said, I will keep you posted.

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    There's also been a reported sighting around Faneuil Hall.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yup. I saw it the other day... wasn't even looking for it. It's extremely inconspicious.

Or maybe that was because it was in a snow drift...

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    WoV, the mailbox is not at one of the Framingham PO's. It's across the street from the Town Hall. It's sittling all by its lonesome up on a small concrete platform about 6 inches high. If you're standing at the bottom of the TH stairs, turn to your left and cross the street and there he is.

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey all,
    I sent a few pics over to Strawbary for use in the NE Awards Banquet. She asked for any additional ones we may have. If you have anything that might be of use or that you would like to share, drop me a PM or post it here.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.