main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: The **Official** toys discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I playing with it now. :D

Speaking of, let me reiterate: Do not open this figure or read the back when you get it. It is not for the eyes of the unspoiled.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Just picked up Luminara Unduli and Shaak Ti.

3. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    That's it, I'm going to Target...

4. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

This totally sucks!! I followed TF.n's feature that Walmart had the special bonus track and now they're saying that Target has it. What's with the run around? Now I have to wait all day to listen to the soundtrack because I can't open the Wal-Mart version if I'm taking it back.

Oh, right... toys. Well I was lucky enough to find the special carded versions of these: Padme Arena, Obi-wan Couruscant, Kit Fisto, Anakin with the two sabers, Shakk Ti and my electronic lightsaber.

For those of you who don't know about the carded versions, they are the first runs, and lower in serial number. If your interested in such things, they should be worth more in value down the line. You can check if yours is carded if it has a blue/purple backround card behind the action figure.

Also, it looks like we have our first defective toy. While I didn't buy it my self, the geonosian is incidently missing the warning sign on the right corner of all the other figures. Perhaps this figure will become a rarity.

~PAd

5. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

By the way, no one answered my question; "can we get Empire magazine here in America?" They have a special AOTC feature this month.

~PAd

6. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Just confirming the Count Dooku and Ani Hanger duel. I bought the Hanger Duel Anakin (and just saw several at K-mart) and saw the Count Dooku up close (in someone else's hands, wasn't deluxe.)

Also be careful of the yoda figure, if you want to avoid all spoilers but still want to see/buy this figure I would suggest holding it at arms length and looking at it out of the corner of your eye.
    ;)

7. EagleImagery

EagleImagery Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2000
    Ok, well those are three figures I want, but haven't seen yet.

I got Obi-Wan (I LOVE the magnat that keep him attached to the saber and droid!) and the Anakin in Disguise.

Guess I'll have to wait for the others.

8. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

ATTENTION!!

If you bought the Anakin hangar duel, do not, I repeat DO NOT read the back. there is a potentially humungous spoiler there! I'm talking BIG!! I'm so pissed off they put that tid bit on the back. I purposely did not read the story paragraph to avoid this stuff but the spoiler is in the directions of what the Anakin toy can do. If you bought the toy, just figure it out for your self, it's not worth being spoiled to read it.

~PAd

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I don't think the Yoda is really that spoilish... maybe the bio on the back, but not the figure itself. I think most of us have heard or guessed about the stuff the Yoda figure includes/does.

10. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    My dad got me the majority of the figures after work today at Walmart. He went at 5 p.m. and still found Count Dooku, Hangar Anakin, Taun We, and Yoda which seem to be the most rare from most of these posts. I quickly looked at Hangar Anakin and put it back in the bag. Most of the figs are for my birthday which is what that and Yoda and Zam Wessel are for. So I won't be tempted by those spoilers. The only figs he didn't find were:

Boba Fett
    Tusken Raider Female
    Shaak Ti
    Plo Koon
    Captain Typho
    Jango Fett
    Geonosian Warrior

It looks like my Walmart didn't get a lot of the Plo Koon wave. The only figures I opened were Obi-Wan, Dooku, Kit Fisto, Nikto, and Super Battle Droid. I love them all! I also opened the Jedi Starfighter and Slave 1. Man these toys are great I must say!

11. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    shoot. I think I figured out what the spoiler is from the descriptions on this thread. I'm not blaming anyone here, I know you have the best intentions, just my stupid brain working overtime.

Lono

12. maul98td

maul98td Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    How many of you had trouble getting them all? I waited at Wal-Mart at 11:30 and did not have trouble. By 12 there was only myself and one other guy. I got all 27. In fact I helped the guy stock the shelf.

13. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Its interesting how different locations can be. I live in a college town and that seems to have a bit of an influence. Either way, Its tough here, I was twelth in line last night (of about 60 - 80) last night and didn't get Dooku and have checked 6 -7 stores today and still haven't found one.

I am very jelous of those in communities that don't have huge star wars followings.

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I live in Austin, and it was cawazy. I saw many of the same people at all three stores we visited.

Toys 'R' Us was very organized and orderly. I had number 58 in the line, and there were a good 100-150 people behind me. They had all of the figures separated out and each set put into pools on the floor so that when it was your turn, you could go through and easily find what you wanted. And everyone was so nice. A couple of my fellow hunters asked me what I needed.

Then...there was Wal-Mart. Of course, we got there after 12 in both cases, so I don't know how many people had been there initially. There were still a good number of people coming and going, and tearing the place apart in the progress. Ripping open the boxes...those poor workers trying to put up the displays with all of us psychotic SW fans on the loose. [face_laugh] Although, it remains to be seen to me why they did not just close off the section before midnight, and attempt to put up the displays and figures. Oh wait, this is Wal-Mart! I almost forgot. ;)

15. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Well no such luck in Arkansas, there was no chaos, no crowd, and Wal Mart didn't have Dooku.

I searched every store with figures in a twenty mile radius and couldn't find the basic Dooku.

I see other people have the same problem I have. Didn't Hasbro make enough? :(

I got all the other figures though. Yoda is definatly the best.

16. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    No Dooku here either... No Luminara or Saesee Tinn either. Deluxe Dooku though.

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Aw, now I'm starting to feel better about not having found Luminara, since I have my Dooku.

18. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Lucky! Dooku was the figure I was most looking foward to. I'm not happy.

The same thing happened to Darth Maul in '99.

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I'm sorry. I know how you feel. Well, hopefully you'll find it soon enough.

20. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Thanks. :D At least I have every one else. Even Jar Jar. lol

21. Captain-Communist

Captain-Communist Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2002
    I got 2 Jango Fett (Kamino escape) I opened 1. I also got Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)

I will probably get the Padme and Obi wan figures later maybe during the summer or just like later on. Jango Fett is really cool.

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree. I think the little holsters he has for his weapons are awesome! I just wish that annoying string came off.

23. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Jango is very cool. But Yoda is still the best. :D

EDIT: I just wrap the string around his jet pack.

24. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    Are you guys opening yours or saving them?

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I'm not opening Dooku, Yoda, Tuskan Raider, or Boba.

But, I bought doubles of Ani, Padme, Jango, and Obi. So, I've already been enjoying those (despite the spoilers) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.