main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reactions] U.S. Presidential Election Day 2012

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2012.

1. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Yes Clin-ton(In best Kang...or kodos voice) had a fortune of a Tech boom occuring at the time. and had higher revenues. and didnt have the longest running war in american history...weighing on the economy.

You know I can't believe anyone wants the presidency right now.

Juliet316 and Summer Dreamer like this.
  2. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I kind of imagine Romney wiping his brow and muttering "Dodged that bullet."

3. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Edit: Stupid Internet!

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    John Tester, the incumbent Democratic Senator from Montana, has won re-election.

Now just waiting for official confirmation of Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota, and Obama winning Florida (whichi both seem certain with 100% in, don't know what they're waiting for).

EDIT: a possible flag for 51 states...

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent and DarthTunick like this.
  5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Okay, I've got to do this... Rounded up the best of FB friends conservative angst.

In their defense they really are smarter than this would lead you to believe:

I guess I am way too nieve

Today is am thankful for 2016

Still no budget past by your own party... continued encroachment on our American right to firearm ownership, ect.

Looks like its time to take my business offshore. UK and South America, her I come!

People are so (expletive) dumb.. I'm not commenting back on this status do put what you want.

Terr_Mys likes this.
  6. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Sorry for the double-post, but it's been confirmed that Heidi Heitkamp (D) will become the new Senator of North Dakota. Montana went to the Democrats too. Joe Walsh and Allen West are gone. Mia Love was defeated. Alan Grayson is back. Now just waiting final confirmation for Obama/Florida. ... Republicans picked up only 1 Senate seat. And only 2 states in the presidential race, of which only one was ever contested.

EDIT:

Obama actually won 75% of Latinos
    http://news.yahoo.com/poll-latino-vote-devastated-gop-even-worse-exits-181922111--politics.html

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I know some conservative pundits and politicians might be sorely tempted to double down and say that Romney lost because he “wasn’t conservative enough.” But please remember: Republicans had their pick of Super Conservative All-Stars™ throughout the entire primary season.

And they still chose Romney.

10. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I would hardly call any of the Republican choices this year an All-Star, as I am guessing all the real All-Stars are waiting until 2016.

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Good to seen PPP is vindicated.

People on twitter were complaining about their NC polls being tight, but they were absolutely correct that the race was going to be close there. And just like 2008, they pretty much nailed Virginia again.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    And that would be... Rand Paul? Christie, who's about to get crucified by the Right? Bobby "we don't need volcano monitoring, and lets teach creationism in schools" Jindal? Rubio, who will probably rather run for Senate, and has already lied about his own biography? Ryan, who is now ruined?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    mods please give me the title "Super Conservative All-Star™"

i really only have one really good, melodramatic instance of facebook conservatears i could find:

I just want to get home and hold my little girl

Come get a gun on the way

Yea i just might be taking you up on that offer

Which one you want?

Whatever one i can easiest keep on me 24-7

for the most part apparently i have really classy conservafriends and they either havent commented in the wake of the election or said classy things like:

The people have spoken, and while I'm not in agreement with all of the people all of the time....I am still very grateful to live in this great country. Happy Election Day!

i got desperate enough that i started combing through people i havent seen in years who i remembered as conservatives but one of them was celebrating obama and weed in washington so i guess he changed:

Yea Washington! Initiative 502, it's about time! Oh yea, Obama too

this last one isnt election-related but it was posted earlier on in the night and it is way funnier than her election reaction anyways:

I won this spice rack and cook book last night at the Holiday Tables event. I prayed and asked God to let me win and God answered. God is soooo good!

god helped her out on the spice rack but he didnt help mitt romney defeat the marxist fascist muslim usurper. ya win some u lose some, i suppose

14. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I just moved and so have no tv or internet at home yet. I couldn't get the internet on my smart phone, either. I woke up at 4 a.m. worried that Romney had won. My phone's internet worked and I saw that Obama had won! Went back to sleep happy.

Don't know why people thank God when they win something in a raffle, which is basically gambling. God doesn't approve of gambling.

15. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    She's a Roman. She prayed to Julio, the God of Spice Racks.

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot that Jeff is actually the God of Biscuits.

Jedi Merkurian and Ender_Sai like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Joe Boehner just laid down the plans of the GOP. His most important comment was about raining any taxes on the top 2% is a bad idea. So, same thing as the last four years.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    2 years.

But Boehner is in a much weaker position.

And Boehner said we should raise tax revenue... but just through tax reform.

They're just positioning before the compromise, the "Grand Bargain"

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If the Right crucifies Christie, they're bigger fools than I took them for. He's the closest thing they have to hope right now. But I'm not sure Ryan is "ruined." I don't see him having a lot of success in a general election as the main nominee, but he's hardly "ruined."

But if Chuck Norris is right, we've just entered a thousand years of darkness. Good luck with that!

19. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    All of those are still light years better then Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, Cain, and Bachmann.

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You mean the Grand Bargain John Boehner was too scared to even try and negotiate last time, about the debt ceiling deal he had to rush to the floor in an attempt to beat the more conservative members of his own party back to Washignton because he couldn't trust them not to scuttle the whole thing? Boehner has a modicum of reasonableness, but he's never been in control. There's no telling what the actual reaction to the election will be, but the first signs from the House are not encouraging. A deal of any sort is far from assured.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Irony of ironies, that muppet can't win with them.

lol @ Ron Paul.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Limbaugh: Treat them(women) like vaginas and you get their vote.

Beck: I have to summarize here; it was a cracked voice ont he verge of tears religious revival as he advertised his coming news network, Goldline, and food insurance.

Trump: Hahhahaha, he throws a twitter fit and calls for a march on Washington.

It was very entertaining watching the charlatans at work. They will do nothing more than get rich complaining about Obama.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    For all the talk about young voter enthusiasm being way down, the share of the 18-29 vote actually ticked up from 18% to 19% from 2008 to 2012.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    That was a surprise left hook that caught the GOP and media square on the jaw.

MrZAP, Yodaminch and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    You might want to chalk that up in part to Obama's excellent ground game. His outreach to this group was superb. But also why wouldn't they agree with him?

26. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I dunno if anybody has commented on how ****faced Diane Sawyer was last night, but lol.