main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Reading Red Squadron Roll Call

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry everyone for not attending the Meeting. Over the last month & a half I have transitioned from my apartment into my parents home :oops: while I am closing on a house! [face_dancing]

I'm currently commuting out of Philadelphia until the end of May, but I am still highly commited in getting RRS going again.

Steph, how do we look? :confused: It looks pretty quiet on the boards.. [face_worried] I lost access for a good chunk of the last few weeks..

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, it was fairly quiet around here. I'm not really sure what happened to everyone. I had a spotty connection to the internet for the past few weeks myself.

Well, if we get enough people interested in this thread, we'll go ahead and try to hold a meeting for Feb. or March.

3. xavierrr01

xavierrr01 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    hi guys and girls. im still here and still intrested in getting the rrs on its feet i ve been reading the threads to see about any possible meeting so i can attend.jedi soccer dad good luck with the move and the closing.i hope to see more threads here and i look forward to meeting all of u guys. xavier rivera

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    That's right, I'm stilllll alive! [face_skull]

And I am stillllllllll commuting :_| out of Philadelphia until the end of May, BUT I am highly committed in getting RRS going again.

Semester has been rough, balancing school, work, & the two little ones, or who I like to call, Future Star Wars Fanatics!

Honestly, I won't be able to meet until the second week in May, but I am able to access the Web nightly (I work 3rd shift [face_tired] ).

Steph,

It looks like we have a few people [:D] (Me & You, Xavier, DarthJacen, Red-2 , Ambush, & Jaren_Valnor all the way from Tamaqua) interested in RRS.

Why don't we plan a kickoff meeting the week of ROTS?

We could talk about meeting to see ROTS, Midnight Showings, & Darth Vader Lawn Sprinklers (this week's funny Star Wars Product), lol, etc.. I had a couple other ideas, that I will shoot you (Steph) via message...

P.S. Ambush, I would love to go April 2nd, but I have been put in Lockdown Mode (can't spend any $) till my House Closing :_|

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I say there's no other perfect time then the week ROTS is released to kick things off. I'm gonna go ahead and create a seperate thread to start planning this out. Afterall, ROTS is sneaking up fast. ;)

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Xavier, DarthJacen, Red-2 , Ambush, & Jaren_Valnor.. Can you guys confirm your membership to RRS, so me & Steph have a current count.

Also, if there are any other straglers out there that consider themselves part of the Mighty RRS, please chime in :)

We plan on moving hard & quickly to getting RRS going! :cool:

7. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    DarthJacen, Red-2 , & Jaren_Valnor.., you guys out there? :confused:

I know me & Steph are a "go" for the RRS & ready for the Upcoming May Meeting! I also saw posts from Xavierrr01 & Ambush, so I know those two are in. Waiting on you two to make it Lucky 7!

Lets hear some voices out there! o_O

BTW, Steph, I recruited my sister & brother-in-law (I won't tell that I am stealing them from the KOP Area [face_whistling] ) I guess that will make it Lucky 9!

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! New recruits! [face_dancing]

Anyway, I guess it's safe to say I'm still around. :p

9. esse

esse Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    Hi, all. I take it the RRS is an informal fan gathering type thing and if so, consider me interested. (Yeah, I'm a newbie to the boards; can you tell?) I just moved to the Lehigh Valley area from the other side of the country and I've had to leave all my fan friends behind, so it was quite nice to stumble upon this thread.

10. SASmith1

SASmith1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    Well with a name like JediSoccerDad.I don't feel like as much of a geek being a 34 year old Star Wars fan. Although my kids complain that I won't share my toys. They say it's not fair because I have all of the good ones.
    I'm not sure how far away from me everyone is located. I'm by Easton. As I read this post I realize how pathetic I sound.It's like the little kid in the neighborhood who goes around saying please play with me.....lol
    I'm trying to find out if anyone around me is going to the midnight showing on the 19th.

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...I guess Ep3 is really starting to bring the people in. I'm glad that you're all here and welcome! :D

esse: All the way from the west coast? Wow, that's a long hull. Anyway, glad to have you here and yes, to an extent we are a small fan group. We're part of a larger group that stretches worldwide. At the moment, we're trying to expand our ranks. We plan to hold a meeting sometime the week before the release of Ep3, so if you have any ideas, please let us know. :)

SaSmith1: Aww, don't be ashamed...we're all in the same boat here. ;) Easton...that's around the Allentown area(I may be way off with that)? As for a midnight showing, at the moment I think the count of those of us attending is up to like six. I don't know if you know where the Cinema Center is at the Fairgrounds Mall, but that's where we plan on going. We'll be more than happy to have you along. Also, I just want you to know about the meeting that I mentioned above as well and welcome! :)

12. xavierrr01

xavierrr01 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    hi everyone. yep its almost here and its getting exciting.i just pick up my tickets today at the AMC theater for ROTS in allentown for the midnight show its gonna be great.also just wanted to say hi to all the new guys.hope to talk to you guys and gurl soon have a good 1.

13. esse

esse Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    SASmith1: I'm in the same "Please play with me!" boat, too. And here I thought I left playground politics behind me years ago. :)

HanSolo29: I'd definitely be interested in a meeting before the movie comes out. Sounds fun.

Also, is there anyone in the Bethlehem area going to a midnight showing who wouldn't mind a tag along? Heh. Just asking that, I think, is the epitome of Star Wars geekery. :)

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Welcome to the RRS, Esse & SASmith1!! [:D]

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I am at the end of my term at KU & my Profs are loading us up with Exams & such.. Us 'old guys' need a little more time to stay up with the young-ins.. o_O

We will definetly have a meeting the week of ROTS. I will start a new Topic to list some of the ideas me & Steph were going over. That way you folks will have something to think about. [face_thinking]

P.S. Can any new members who hasn't, fill out the, "Who are you? (Personal Info We Should Know)" Topic.. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.