main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    anything good in the crap they left behind?

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Not really, Scotty. Though I did find a cable modem which might come in handy for me real soon...

Oh, there was some nice entertainment center cabinets. They might still be there. I'll try to find out.

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    There you go boys - we have Guinness again. ;)

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Ahhh the sweet sweet taste of Guinness.

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'd rather have a Bailey's.

6. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    I'll have both. And a shot (or five) of Jameson's.

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Irish Car Bombs...Guinness, Baileys, Jameson...the best of all three worlds.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    WooHoo!! [face_dancing]

I won $100!

I just got a $100 gift card in the mail from Wegmans today.
    It seems I was randomly chosen from those that fill out their online surveys.

Yay me! :D
    Of course, it'll be totally gone with the next shopping trip - but it's still cool to get a free grocery trip.

~Doc_Bev

9. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Very Cool, Congrats
    =D=

10. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Woo-hoo! I got $100, too, and I didn't even know it 'til yesterday! Showed up in the bank Tuesday.

It was my "sign-up" bonus for opening an account with Chase bank and setting up direct deposit. Thing is, it took half the time they said it would... exactly a month to the day I opened the account... not the 8-10 weeks they said it would.

Am I complaining? Nooooo.....

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay for random $100 bonuses!! [face_laugh]

~Doc_Bev

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    OMG [face_hypnotized] Did anyone else catch Jedi Joey Fatone's Star Wars Tango on Dancing with the Stars just now? His partner, Kym, was in a Slave Leia costume. It was a solid Tango too. =D= I am taping the show for Tom, but they may have it on the website. The judges may choose it for a repeat performance tomorrow if it's the best performance of the night.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Until April 10th, Kodak's Gallery site (www.ofoto.com) is offering $0.10 prints and you can get almost free shipping by having them deliver them to a nearby store instead of your house. For example, I can pick mine up from the Ridgemont Wegmans' photo lab. No coupon code needed, but you do need to register for an account and upload photos first obviously.

I'm going to be printing out a whole bunch of family photos, finally getting to my CIII photos and filling in some of the blank pages of the event photo albums I usually bring to events.

~Doc_Bev

14. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Yep, the judges did pick it to be repeated tonight. I think the video is on abc's website, but I had trouble loading.

15. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang; Just got some time to kill whilst at WXXI, board-op'ing, so I thought I'd post some stuff of recent going-on's in the life of Dean...

Apartment situation:
    Still living amongst boxes. A work-in-progress, to be sure. But liking it, and the location. Walking distance to Nathaniel's and downtown. Multiple bus-routes to choose from. A major county park in the backyard... cable and internet... can't complain.

Job situation:
    All going well. Day job is getting easier as I get accustomed to bus-routes, getting up in the morning, and job duties. Loving the regular, direct-deposited paycheck. And, whereas Nate's used to be my "bread and butter", it's now just "sauce for the goose", or "dessert", if you prefer that analogy. C4 has become a reality due to income boost. Tickets bought, looking at air-fares, and have taken the time off from work.

Bought a couple of nice things too, for the apartment, and for the collection...

WXXI... love it, and I think they like me too...

NYC ComicCon DVD: ...arrived in the mail last week. Having had little time to watch anything lately, I finally got around to watching it a day or two later, and found out that I made the cut! My interview, showing me geeking over my Obi-Wan Ep.1/2 saber comes in at exactly 48:30 into the program, and goes for about a minute. There's also a cut-away shot showing Ashley in her Jawa and our travelling companion, and Ryan's friend, Russ in his Jedi outfit, so they made the DVD, too!

eBay: Though Ryan has advised me to stay away (as saving for C4 is the priority right now), I snagged a couple of things recently of note.
    Previous to the move, I won not 1, not 2, but three different Heiland flash units (while trying to get just ONE), to get the black, anodized emitter section for the 2 Heiland units I've owned for years, un-converted (as I'm sure you all know, this piece is the twin of the MPP flash unit used to create the "New Hope" and "Empire" Vader sabers from). SO, needless to say, I'm going to let a couple of the Heilands go, after I decide which are going to get converted. You all will have first shot at these...

Got a Starlog press "10th Anniversary of Star Wars" souvenir magazine for $9.99 yesterday... sweet...

Got my first Jeff Parks custom saber; a Anakin Ep. 2/3/4/5 hybrid, for less than 70 bux, shipped.

Oh, and I should be getting my car on the road soon, too... Priorities...??? (tee hee...)

EDIT: Also, a strange side-effect of working, walking, and the move: I've lost about 10 pounds without trying, 'cuz I'm not sitting around the house snacking in front of the tv all day like I did when I wasn't working, and because I'm walking to bus-stops and running all over the sales floor during work. I was going to try to drop 10-15 lbs. before C4, but at this rate, why bother?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    All sounds great MadKid!!

I'm so glad to read all the good news!

~Doc_Bev

17. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Deano, is your new place closer to the Mt Hope end or the culdesac end?

18. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    At the Mt. Hope end, Tommy. I think 5 houses in, on the right; #10.

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    cool if we get down that way we'll look for ya

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So, DarSolo did you call back the radio station in time?

~Doc_Bev

21. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    for what?

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKid and I were trying to get ahold of Daria & you around 11:15-ish as he had heard her name announced on the radio. She had 11 minutes-ish to call back in, but I'm guessing she never heard it and/or MadKid was never able to get ahold of her. :(

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    awe crap , do we know what it was for?

Thanks for trying

Apperently it's for the WCMF Contest Ticket to Float, becasue I got a call just about 3pm that they had called my name this time & I won [face_dancing] a Eric Clapton CD & a chance to win the boat in the WCMF TICKET TO FLOAT

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For anyone that has stuff to list on eBay - tomorrow might be the day to do it as they're having a special flat rate $0.20 listing fees for all auction-style listings.

~Doc_Bev

25. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    I'm all over that today, Nicky... thanks for the reminder though...

In other news... looky what I brought home yesterday! Another Dummy for the Rebellion!!! (perks of working in retail again...)
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0403.jpg

"... and I shall call him... 'Bjorn'..."
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0404.jpg

Another shot of Bjorn:
    [image=http://http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0405.jpg]
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0405.jpg

EDIT: What is wrong with our image-posting ability on here? Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't, and I for one am sick of trying to figure it out!

EDIT: TOS violation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.