main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    EDIT: I love TheForce.net, really I do. But I would suggest if you want to read this fic, read the revised version I have posted on fanfiction.net, under the name Caslia. The posts have all mostly been edited and revised, and new chapters added. Thanks very much,
    Caslia

2. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Oh, one minor note. If you're one of the Bob/Sos readers, please reply HERE, not on the Bob board, so others can get the same...surprise. [face_devil]

Thanks. ;)
    Caslia

3. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Caslia is posting?

:)

4. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Cool!!! I'm finally going to have something to read!!! And inspire myself ffrom, actually, since I have no idea how write my own fic... hehe :D

Hope you're going to get better (saner) as you writ this... And by the way you can always move to Canada if you can't stay in Taïwan and don't want to go to the States, I'm sure I could make some room for you in my room, and over here we are not know for having a lot of computer problems :D :D

Well, then I'll just be waiting for your post over here and work a little at the same time...

*sits and starts to wait*

Elanor

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Can't wait to read it. :)

6. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Looking forward to it!

7. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Rebirth of the Light? *goes over to read* *comes back* Cool! More Vader-redemption! (Can there ever be enough of those? ;)) And I agree with what you said about a lot of those fics seeming to have suddenly everyone trusting him and everything. Kind of unrealistic, I think.

I love how you write, though. Very poetic :D. I'm a writer too. I haven't written any SW fics yet, though, although I have this idea for an Ani-fic, more set in Episode III, but the main premise is so . . . uncannon that I'm kind of afraid that people will think I'm insane for thinking it [face_blush] Anyway, I hope you get your stuff back soon and can amuse yourself with your grandparents' computer until then :D

8. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D :D :D Sins, problems, angst... Anakin torture!! [face_devil] I'll read!!!! [face_devil]

9. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Okay sorry to burst your bubble but i think you should write the authors note after you write the summary to get more readers onto this story, it might put people off.

Of course i'm here i'm always were you are always you just don't know because i'm always hiding.

When do you actually post though.

Rebirth of light link didn't work *shrugs*.

anyways my computer is still not working so i won't get back until tuesday.....forgive me master :_| :_| :_| .

~kithana

10. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Argh! The Caslia is back!!!! *hides behind her face*

Uh, I'm not afraid, I'm not...because...because I'm the grat KEEWING DUCK!!! (Remember that cartoon? How I loved it...) And I'm really tired so just pay no attention, okay?

Well, okay, Caslia, now that you've got our attention, why don't start writing? It's no good keeping readers waiting, you know? And trust me, I should know... ;)

Love, Kee

11. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    A nice surprice, thank you.

I always thought the conclusion of RoL a bit sort. Of course I'm interested in the years inbetween.

Vadey

13. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I loved Rebirth of the Light and I can't wait to read your story. :)
    Soon I hope.

14. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    :D Yeah! You all came. Oh, I feel loved. [face_love]

Don't worry, Kithana. I forgive you. ;) And yes, you're probably right about the summary thing. Ah well, too late now. Yes, Kee, you would know. Have you posted recently? I haven't been over to see. Lady Z, glad to see you're so excited. :) I just knew you would be.

:D Once again...Yeah! :D

Do I have to post now? I want to drag on this great feeling of having surprised you all so wonderfully! :)

Okay, guess I will. But only because I love you all so much. [face_love] Well, okay, that, and I love torturing Anakin. [face_devil]

[face_devil] Remember, though. I'm not really evil. I just have a cynical disposition. [face_devil]

15. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *grins uncontrollably*

Rebirth of the Light
    The Years Between

Chapter One:
    The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light?

There should have been music.

There should have been a choir singing some heavenly song; bright, white light spilling in from somewhere. The sound of children giggling, or a trumpet?s golden horn playing. An angel should have descended down from the ceiling and spoken some soft but heavenly words, touched his mask and all the Darkness would melt away.

None of this happened, however.

But it didn?t matter. Vader?formerly a Dark Lord of the Sith, a servant of the Emperor Palpatine, knelt humbly on the floor in a little cottage with a babe wrapped in his arms.

His babe. His son.

?Luke.?

The child, only an hour old, cooed at the sound of his father?s voice and little blue eyes opened to stare with wonder up at Vader.

Who needed heaven, or angels singing or any other miracle, when he held this child, or his daughter, little Leia, in his arms? They, all on their own, without even knowing it, had changed the fate of the galaxy, simply by being born.

Bending his head down, Vader smiled softy as he whispered to the child.

?I love you, son.?

Love?

They were words he had thought, only an hour or so ago, that he would never say again. But then, he never thought he would see his Padme again. Would ever be at peace with his best friend Obi-wan. Or that he might ever speak his name, Anakin, again in this life without the foul bile rising up and choking him, reminding him of the past and all that had come between him and those that he loved.

There it was again. That wonderful, terrifying, intoxicating word.

But words were so useless. They could trick, could be twisted, or could fail to explain this burning emotion that now raged inside him.

Where was the hate? The anger, the rage and the fear?

He had traded them, as if he had handed over the identity of Darth Vader for that of Anakin Skywalker, renewing who he was and the way he saw the world.

So deep was Vader?Anakin?in these thoughts, that he did not hear Padme?s voice speaking to him till her small, delicate hand came to rest upon his board shoulder and shake him quite soundly.

?Hmmm? What??

His wife, his angel, all glowing with the wonders of motherhood, laughed. ?Oh, Ani.? She chided. ?Where had you gone this time??

Careful of the babe in his arms, of Luke nestled up against him and Leia in her mother?s arms, Anakin stretched out his hand and brushed the curls away from Padme?s face. ?Not far, my love. Not far. I?m still here. Here to stay, now. I promise.?

Content with that, Padme nodded, then motioned for him to give her Luke. ?He needs to be fed.? Winking, she took the child from her husband. ?I think the three of us need a little time alone together. To rest and to be close. Will you give me that, Ani??

?Anything for you.?

But despite this claim, Anakin felt hollow as Luke was taken from his arms and he stood to leave the room. Leave?! But he had only been with them an hour?s time! One hour, when he had not seen Padme in nearly a year. An hour, in which his life had been returned to him.

But he had to be understanding.

He stood, despite the stiffness in his mechanical legs from sitting so long, and moved to the door. If he noticed the spirit of an old Jedi Master standing there, he was in too great a wonder to comment on it.

Hoping for fresh air, even though he knew the idea was strange and even to the point of being humorous, Anakin left the cottage and went to stand outside, under the oak trees, and gather his thoughts.

It was like he was awake in a dream.

Could all this be real?

He shuddered to think he might wake from this, only to find himself back in the darkness of the Imperial Throne world. All of this could just be fading images and the voices nothing more than the longings of some deranged mind, driven to madness by intolerable loss and sinister crimes.

?Anakin??

Smiling e

16. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

Where did Yoda get to though. He was there only an hour earlier. Or, is he just off doing something else? He would likely have some ideas about how to heal Anakin.

I think the first thing they need to do is look into getting some equipment to rig a temporary set-up so Anakin can remove his mask. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to do anything like eat or drink.

17. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Tsk, tsk, TJM. ;) Telling the story for me! Haha. :) No, I'm way ahead of you on this one. Don't worry, Yoda and Anakin's condition are all dealt with later on. :D

MSN? Away, or just ignoring me? ;)
    Caslia

18. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Great start! Gave me all those nice fuzzy feelings that Obi and Ani give me when they're getting along.

19. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Great start -and brave start! :D Just exactly where the previous story ended. Not easy to find way back to the rhythm, the feeling ... but you did very-very well!

I enjoyed the characterization! There's no surprise that Anakin is a bit unstable emotionally- still, you can feel the strength behind his words ... ;) I don't really know why but I have the feeling that sooner or later he'll be OK :D ;)

And Kenobi's characterization was awesome!!! He's trying very hard to really believe what just happened, he's trying to make things right though hasn't got any idea how (he has no instructions from the Council ;) ) Still, a line from ANH novel came to my mind... GL writes just before the duel, when Kenobi and Vader meet again after several years:"[Kenobi] gave the impression of being more curious than impressed".

:D More? :D

20. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!! It's great, and also exactly what I need for my own fic inpiration :D in the right time frame... Well, I might want to tell you it's just GREAT that you have decided to write this because it's so cool!!! Hurray!!!

Well, still hyper but getting better... Well, see you later when a new post will be up, you won't make us wait too much, uh, Caslia? I hope not :D ;)

Elanor

21. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Awww . . . I LOVED the scene between Anakin and Luke! "I love you, son", awww, so great! Then, Vader all awkward and feeling guilty, me likes :D I wonder how they're gonna heal him after all that happened, his body, I mean . . .

22. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Aw, great post, Casliadear! I love Anakin/Obi-Wan interaction! Their relationship is just so interesting! *Kee jumps up and down* And you write it so well...

Yoda...hm, what about killing him? Now, wouldn't that be FUN?!? *refuses to look at the rest of the readers, and especially at TJM* Well, I think it would be fun.

More?

23. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Hey, thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it! :D I'll have a new post up soon. And since this was a Obi/Anakin one, we'll have a Ami/Ani scene next.

Also, since no one really knows about Ep. III, I didn't think it would hurt to sorta fill in the blanks. So there are a few references in the next couple of posts, as well as later some flashes of the Jedi Purge. Any ways, just so you know, this is Spoiler Free and these are all my own ideas.

(And, Kee, as...entertaining as you might find Yoda's dead ;) I feel it's best to simply prove his logic is at times faulty. It doesn't offend other readers *winks at TJM* and we have a DOUBLE layer of guilt, both Yoda's AND Anakin's. [face_devil] And we all knows that's what we're REALLY here for. ;) )

:D More soon! :D
    Caslia

24. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ILIKEILIKEILIKEILIKEILIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOREMOREMOREMOREMORE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry! I just love doing that!

25. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    [teeny moment]*squeal!* awwwwww[/teeny moment]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.