main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Regarding JC Voting (JC Voters Please Read)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    During the course of this week's voting, a fear that I had held since the very inception of this game came true. Some of the JC voters took it upon themselves to tamper with the vote and attempt to vote with multiple socks in an effort to help their friends win.

This sort of behavior will not be tolerated and every user who attempts to vote with multiple socks will be banned from voting for the remainder of the game. If you do this, I assure you that I will find out quite easily and masking it by changing the title and text of the PM will not work. In the end, not only do you get blacklisted from the voting but you waste five minutes of your time by creating a sock that only takes me a mere thirty seconds for me to verify.

spelling error

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Really that sort of stuff just won't work.

-Seldon

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well the only thing is, if this was a real life contest and people were calling in and voting. They could call as much as they want for that person. I'm not saying its wrong and I'm not saying its good. I'm just saying that if this was a real contest in the real world on t.v. or whatever thats how it would be.

~PK~

4. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    PK, while I respect your opinion on the matter, I just hope you aren't encouraging this because the sock votes I got were for you.

5. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    BURN ON PK! :p

And yeah, while there would be call-in votes that could be stacked, there'd also be a LOT more votes coming in. We're probably getting about 5-10 votes for each game, so having 10 socks vote is obviously cheating. If they're getting millions of votes, a couple thousand cheats doesn't do nearly as much.

6. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I actually had no idea that they were for me. Considering the people that I ran with back in the day are far away from this place. But no I'm not encouraging it. Its a rule and it should be followed. I was just saying that if that was the case. Plus how could they have been for me when I wasn't even up for eviction this week.

~PK~

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    The votes were to earn extra points for best task.

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I take it that PK is the one in offense.
    Anyway I'm not going to say it is her but it is real lousy. Have some respect for the game and the people in it.

-Seldon

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...you people assume too much. Lay off PK, she had nothing to do with this.

10. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I support sock voting. I would love to have the support of Hurricane_AYBABTU, Nice_AYBABTU and Gay_AYBABTU.

AYBABTU

11. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Personally I would like to know that Darth-Sheldon and Hand_of_Seldon are out there supporting me.

12. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    I've got about 85 socks, and they're all watching me.

13. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm watching you...

14. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I never once said I take offense to any of this. I'm cool with the rules. I was just saying if we were on tv this is how it would be. *shakes head and walks away.*

~PK~

15. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    We are not on TV so you can't really justify you doing what your doing with an example from there.

16. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Your MOM is watching you

17. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    But I've not done anything. If I was all for people using socks to vote I would say hey go use socks and vote. But I've not done that at all. All I was doing was just saying.

~PK~

18. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I demand that PK be eliminated from the game because her post above very clearly condones and promotes the use of socks to influence the voting.

AYBABTU

19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Whatever.

~PK~

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From Task 6 (color & hl added my moi):

A completed task earns you 5 points. JCers can send in [color=darkblue]PM VOTE[hl=yellow]S[/hl][/color] to dashy to vote for their [color=darkblue]favorite[hl=yellow]s[/hl][/color], and the two that receive the most votes will each earn an extra 5 points.[hr][/blockquote]
    Before this thread, sock voting wasn't explicitly prohibited, as far as I can recall, and given the vagueness of most rules, probably a safe bet even for head trauma victims. If you're going to read into the above rule that it isn't allowed, than you have to give as much leeway to those who'd read the opposite into it. JCers can send in votes, plural. They pick their favorites, plural. The top 2 vote getters get the points, but there's nothing in there saying that the JCers are limited to only two favorites, or even two votes for that matter.

In a game designed for the enjoyment of the drama that ensues from backstabbing, secret alliances, and underhandedness, to pretend to be outraged by those taking advantage of loop holes, and in this particular case, no rule at all, is quite silly, and mildy amusing. Sorry you didn't think of it first, and sorry that loop hole has now been closed, but it was fair game when it happened, and imho, very much in the spirit of the game.

21. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Based on this new information, I am outraged and demand that all housemates not condoning and promoting the use of socks to vote be eliminated from the game.

And also PK should be eliminated for her sassiness.

AYBABTU

22. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    I'd asked before and they'd said no. Also, in the eviction threads in the JC, they'd specifically said no sock voting.

23. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Based on carmen's comments above, I demand that all players without a Darth in their username be eliminated immediately.

AYBABTU

24. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Based on Rhett's post above, I demand that all players with a manual sig are disqualified immediately.

25. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I demand everyone posting in this thread be eliminated. Oh wait.......

~PK~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.