main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Regrouped Orlando Rollcall

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediDan, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    *Rereads his post* Yeesh... Mental note: Never post at 3 in the morning after working 9 hours straight. Rambling is a common occurance, followed by nonsensical words. Luckily that point was not reached at the time.

I just want to give a shout out to the UCF people. I know you're out there. And I know I'll need rides from you if I ever want to get to a meeting. :)

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I suppose I could count as a UCF person. I did graduate from UCF and am going back for graduate school next year, so....

If you need a ride or whatever, assuming you are not on the other side of the galaxy, I should be able to to drive you if you want. I live in Winter Springs, and I'm about 15 minutes from UCF, 20 at the most if traffic is awful.

Anyway, don't worry about ries. I, and I'm sure others from time to time, would be happy to pick you up and return you safely to you place of origin. laugh

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

3. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Does anyone have an idea when to meet and where?
    Just curious, because I have a couple of suggestions.

4. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I was trying to figure out some of the best things to do for meetings. Since I only have Thrusday and Fridays off it makes it hard for anything on the weekend for me.

5. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    Friday nights are meant to be party nights anyhow!
    I have no idea how late a libary is open on a Friday so...... what are alternatives? Comic Book or Hobby Stores!!!! That is if they do not have a tournement or something going on.
    If you would like I can make a call to SCI-FI City and see about getting the back room freed up.

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    As is the norm, weekends would be best for me, however, Fridays would work, too. My job, sadly, does not give me a set schedule, so if Friday evenings is the best option, there might be times when I am a little late. The latest I am usually done with work on a Friday is around 6:30pm - 7:00pm; that is rare, however, and in the past months I've been home by 4:00pm. I just wanted to tell everyone that there might be times where I'd be a little late. I would never not make it, barring anything tragic happening, but Fridays and the weekends would work.

Any place is fine by me. As I said before, I have never attended a meeting, and I have no idea what goes on or where the best locations are. So, I will defer to everyone's judgement on that. =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

7. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Friday evening sound good to me as well. If SCI-FI city would give us the room that would work for me.

:)

-Dan

8. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    well for us unfortunate marching band students, we have football games friday nights, but we only have like a month left sooo NO PROBLEM!! hehehe... as long as the meetings arent in the middle of nowhere!!!

(I'll DEFINATELY need rides)

9. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I know that seminole county librarys are open until 9pm M-W and 5pm on Fridays, but Sci-Fi City or another comic book store with room sounds equally good.

10. StickmanLt

Feb 20, 2002
    Ooh... Sci-Fi city is close enough to me that (if desperate) I could shell out the two bucks for a bus ride there and back...

Unfortunately, I dunno how nice they'll be. They've gone all corporate and stuff. I tried to talk to them about selling some of the chainmail that I make, and they wouldn't even consider it.

Well, it won't hurt to ask I suppose. Except maybe our pride... *sniff sniff*

StickmanLt

P.S.- Is it just me, or is this new halloween Sith Council Forum design look really COOL?
    I don't think it's just me.

11. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I like these colors...very evil...

[face_devil]

12. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    ::posted as Darryl::

13. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I wonder if we could have these colors all the time? :)

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    That would be nice. These colors are actually very cool; even the e-mails now are from "Sith Mail" and such. All very cool. =)

Brandon

15. Menacing_Brightstar

Menacing_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2001
    Even I am evil now. [face_devil] ;)

16. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    ... I'm out of it for a little while and...

Sorry I haven't been following the goings on of the orLando System. I would have posted sooner had I known. I have attended a few of the previous meetings, so I suppose I could be considered a member. My schedule was a major factor in my absences, but another was having to drive all the way to Altamonte, for a meeting. If we can agree on a location (Sci-Fi City sounds great if it's free) then count me in. If it's on Friday nights, then maybe Stickman and I could re-initiate Operation: SaberPlay... *Evil Laugh*

17. StickmanLt

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, Copazie. Long time no see. :) Haven't beaten each other up with lightsabers lately.
    That reminds me, next time we do, bring your wrench... my bike chain needs tightening.
    Okay, that was off topic, but necissary.

Oh, and back on a Star Wars related topic, I may have found a solution to your saber breaking problem that you had last time we sparred. I'll attempt to make a detachable double-sided saber much like the one you made to test out my theory.
    Then, knowing me, I'll sell it on Ebay once I'm sure it will work.

StickmanLt

18. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Just out of curiosity. . .

are you guys going to have to meet three times again to become "official?"

or

do you have enough people to "keep the fires burning?"

19. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    Orlando is still an official chapter.I beleive you just need to have a meeting and elect a new City Rep. I'll nominate JediDan.

20. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Yes, we still are official. We are just working on getting a meeting location and date right now. This should be pretty soon and we'll announce it soon. Plus we have a new website upcoming that will have all the info as well.
    About this city rep...I am honored but what does this person do? Just wondering.
    Thanks and welcome all!

--Dan

21. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Not too much Dan.

Usually is in charge of making sure a meeting happens each month and a location is available. You also be responsible for letting the SE RSA know when the meetings are about a week or two in advance.

The only other real duties are to be the official rep on the boards and keep the RSA's informed of what's going on.

It's not a big job. I've found it pretty fun.

Art

22. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    That doesn't sound too hard.

-Dan

23. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    There really isn't anything hard about it. But you can only be successful if the group of people who support you are active and helpful.

24. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    GO JEDIDAN!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

yeah, so the following nominates dan...hehehe....

oh well....

BTW, peeps, the site is coming along GREAT! It'll end up being awesome! :)

25. FIRE3orMETEO

FIRE3orMETEO Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2002
    I'm new. I don't know any of you guys, but I'm down to come to the next meeting :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.