main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Release Date 20th of December 2011- Mark your calenders!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darthhelinith, Sep 24, 2011.

1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Just checked my email and it was there:

Anouncing the Release Date
    This is no Jedi mind trick. The most heavily anticipated MMO to date will launch on 22.12.2011.

I assume this is the UK/Europe date because the main website says 20th.
    EDIT: Yes it is. Info below and here:

BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars?: The Old Republic? will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories! The announcement was first made by BioWare co-founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk during their keynote address at the 2011 Eurogamer Expo in London, England. Speaking to a packed room of press and fans alike, Dr. Muzyka acknowledged the weight of the moment and the patience of the fans.

?This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game?s release.?

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Sounds good! I was expecting a '12 release date, but this is just as good for me.

3. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Very excited about the release date. Couldn't be timed any better. I preordered from Amazon and its scheduled to be at my house on December 22d though. I don't understand why. I preordered so I could get early game access but I won't be there on launch day.

4. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    You'll get a link to download the game before the Early Access period starts. You'll be well into the game by the 22nd.

5. Eone_Bane

Eone_Bane Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    So excited about this game!

Though early access I was excited about until I realized it would have to be a download... my internet connection is the reason why I bought the physical copy of the game. ^_^;

6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Now that we have a release date, and as every day has passed since I pre-ordered, I wonder more and more if I really want to drop $160 on this game.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I don't know that I'd drop $160 on any game. :p

8. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Yes it's so worth it! i ordered it from best buy and gamestop. i really need 2 statues! :)

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well there goes Christmas :p

10. Eone_Bane

Eone_Bane Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    I ordered the standard edition... I have to spend a lot to get my computer upgraded before the game is released... so I could really only afford that edition.

11. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I really just want the extras, specifically the music, the map, and the booklet. I don't really care about the statue. I'll probably end up canceling the preorder before December 20th.

I do kinda want to play the game for the story, though. The problem is that the game is released at a bad time for me. I probably can't finish a Trooper story arc in a month (before I have to start paying).

12. SteathDar

SteathDar Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2009
    A bit too close to Christmas for my liking but hopefully we'll get a good few days Early Access. I registerted my pre-order code within 1 week of pre-order release.

13. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    So it begins. After playing the beta since July, I am in Early Game Access and am building my Star Wars story/legacy. I really enjoyed the beta and the final product, at least so far on Tython and Korriban, is far improved and excellent. Good times are coming!!

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Out of curiosity, when did you redeem your code?

15. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    July 21st.

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Sounds like most of the waves today were from 21st-27th.
    Not too surprising as that was the area with the largest spike. There's rumors of others from later months who somehow got in. And I'm sure not everyone in that timeframe got their invite today.

If the boards over there are a sign of things to come, I intend to steer clear. The absolute immaturity and outrage of not getting access on day one is downright hysterical.

I ordered on the 31st but didn't redeem til the 7th of August. That said, I am hopeful that I'll hit the last wave tomorrow as I'll be done with finals and would love to hop in game.

17. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    My CE just arrived. The box is HUGE!

18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    ughhh. Wish they'd just let retailers like gamestop sell this thing early. I want my CE!

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought of getting the CE, but then I saw it on sale at £130. That is too much to pay for some extra stuff (nice as the statue and book are) and some minor bonus characters, I'd rather get the regular edition.

20. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Yeah, I'd never sprung for a CE of ANY game before. I just thought, why not? This is an iconic moment in SW gaming history that I might as well go all out.

21. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I also got my CE today, and can vouch for how immense it is.

22. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Went to the VIP lounge today for the first time. Ran into Dengar, Jabba, and Boba Fett. Very nice.