main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Request for TFF: Star Wars Battlefront II Competition@ GAMESTOP

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Apr 27, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Why don't you build one? You have enough time (well, time is never enough)? It's not like you don't have the resources available to you to ask for help. Besides, if you want to do a jedi it's not like the patterns are not available and we've all made one, help is not far away.

2. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Ok. Cool. I don't have anything else to do, so I'm gonna devote all my time (lots) and money (next to nothin) to makin me a good costume + lightsaber! Wow, I feel all inspired now... this is a new feeling to me... motivation... wierd...

3. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    We can help you build a custom hilt but you should really talk to Will or "pelatrin" about making a custom hilt!

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I have abagfull of sink parts I was going to make my own hilt from, until I abandonded the order for the empire! So dont buy anyting yet let me just give it to you (if thats cool with frank since I mentioned it to him awhile ago)

5. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    That would be great. Frankie do you mind?

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    [image=http://www.brattleboroprimarycare.com/dog.gif]

just kidding [:D] ...I dont even remember Dusty saying he had parts....go for it.

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Thursday June 1st at 1:00PM at ITT Tech, there will be a meeting of events that are to fall on the Battlefront2 Event. If any voting members would like to attend with me, let me know so that we can go together. Thx

8. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    No way I can get off early enough.

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    looks like the DSG will have a couple of people that are not gonna make it to the San Diego Comic Con. So a couple of them are going to make it to this event..it is unknown as to who it will be and what armor they will be wearing.

10. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Here are the minutes for the meeting yesterday. Any questions pm Damian or myself.

?STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II?
    VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT
    Meeting Minutes
    June 1, 2006

Attending: Linda Lemken, Omar Pina, Emmett Alvarez, Stephanie McKeeman, Mariesa Partinico, Joe Ngo-Gamestop, Ray Baldwin-Gamestop, Frank-Two Suns Fan Force, Damien-Two Suns Fan Force, Natalie Navarro-Papa Johns (Absent-Kris-Pepsi)

Introduction: Stephanie introduced everyone. Emmett
    distributed the agenda.

Game Play: Decided planets are: Hoth, Kashyyyk, and Naboo
    Finals planet will be: Moseisly-timed by a stopwatch in Heroes vs. Villains mode
    Randomly place the participants 3 good vs. 3 dark sides

Logistical Team: Ray had positive conversation with Aaron?s GM-trying for 7 monitors

Marketing: Papa John?s will put on box toppers at 9 locations for the week of June 19th
    Posters have been placed in Bookman?s and libraries
    Starting June 8th radio station KFMA will broadcast a 10 second billboard sponsorship at 10:30am and 6:30pm-station 92.1
    Linda will contact Valerie at channel 13

Clearing House: Omar says there are 40 applicants so far
    Joe hasn?t collected from all of his locations

Food and Beverage: Papa John?s will be supplying 20 pizzas
    Pepsi supplying samples of new product/energy drink
    Need to contact Pepsi to see if they can donate or discount Pepsi sodas for participants/staff

?Two Suns? Fan Force: Needs a table
    3-4 Star Troopers coming from Phoenix

Prizes and Awards: 1st Place- Xbox 360 Premium plus 1 game
    2nd Place- I pod plus 1 game
    3rd Place- Game
    200 ITT Tech bags with ads/marketing from all vendors-Please have the information you want included in the bags at ITT Tech by Friday, July 14th
    Food coupons for participants
    Generic Certificate for every participant

Security: Linda will look into getting some Adjunct Faculty

All other comments:
    Referees will wear same shirt with a lanyard
    Emmett will try to get a PA system to play Star Wars theme
    Emmett to get rope lights
    Next Meeting: Thursday, June 22, 2006
    Discuss more logistics of referees, volunteers, etc?
    Walk through step by step the process of Game Day

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Frank want me to try and get the 22nd off?

12. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    It would be nice to have you at this meeting, Dusty...its gonna be the last meeting till the event.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I already requested off for that day to go to the meeting if it's OK with you guys

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    ummm...yeah. dur dur.....of course its alright, Damian..sheesh :rolleyes:

15. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    [face_whistling] I know it's been about two weeks, but I just noticed that you guys were trying to get me to respond about the Qui-Gon boots and the T for Tiberius (btw did the R in James R Kirk stand for anything??? :), and yes I was just teasing Mr. Wookiee, and yes I knew VERY well that the T is for Tiberius, and I did not want a Kenner lightsaber because I'm not sure what you are talking about (I do have a kinda large plastic lightsaber with a plastic green blade, but the one Mugen helped me make is way cooler!)
    If I ever seem to be 'ignoring' posts and you're wanting me to notice them and respond, just PM me, I'll notice O:)
    I probably won't be able to come to this event...the parents only want to come down to Tucson once in the month, so it's either this or the July meeting (I know I could just come down by myself, but then I'd have to (heaven forbid) pay the gas for the trip :eek: ) Sounds like the event will be pretty cool though!

16. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Huh? was there a meeting on thursday? what??? 22nd??? what???

EDIT: OOOOoooohhhh... nvm I get it. DSG. Ok-ok.

17. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    it was actually a planning meeting for the gamestop event at ITT.. which Frankie is heading up for us. Looks like it is coming along great!!! I am so thrilled and can not wait for this event to take place.. I just wish I had the money to make outfits for Kirby, Braiden and myself.. and I don't think I will be able to.. just very frustrating.. no matter.. we will all be there... I will just be stuck wearing the frumpy jedi costume and hopefully Braiden can wear something of Damiens if he is able to... Jake will wear one of his costumes.. obi wan jedi.. or general if luck smiles on us and we get it finished in time... I have nothing for Kirby to wear though...I'm sorry ya'll that my family's costumes are not ready...I would give anything to make it other than so.. but not much currently we can do about it.. finances just are not what they used to be.. and we are suffering.. but we will be there and we will wrangle and support the group and we will ENJOY ourselves immensely with everyone!!

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Can would it make em feel better if I made them some custom shirts? And can you KEEP YOUR BIG :eek: MOUTH SHUT so its a surprise?

19. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Yeah, well I just got a job today, and what a coincidence, it is at a custom t-shirt making place! I don't know if I can get us a discount or something, but it would be convenient...

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Welcome of the workforce, 60 more years and you can retire. :_|

Congratulations and my condolences. :oops: [face_hypnotized]

22. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I know this is probably a silly question [face_laugh] , but I'm asking anyway. Would it be easier for me to just wear my costume up there? I'm guessing there isn't gonna be a place to change there at ITT?

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm 99% sure we will have that accomidation set up. It's got several rooms and one will be used to change in. If NOT we've gotten used to changing in a parking lot. ;)
    But it's got many rooms, even bathrooms. We will find a place to change, don't drive in you costume, we will ahve a place to change, no worries.

24. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Alright, thanks. :) I was dreading the thought of that drive in costume during July.

25. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Just fear that fat naked white guy, He will strip in front of anyone..........