main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Here it is folks, a place where ya'll can talk about anything and everything ROTS related, especially spoilers!

Enjoy!

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I can't believe Dave doesn't want to know a thing about Episode III until C3. Thats means we can say things behind his back without knowing. kidding

Well as I said in the other topic before it got removed the ROTS trailer was awesome! Hearing Darth Vader's voice gave me chills, not to mention the space battle over corusant and the duel between Anakin and Obiwan in the lava field. This movie is going to be the best.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey guys! I wanted to let you know that I'm helping Spook out by keeping an eye on this thread, since he obviously doesn't want to read anything here. ;) Just don't post any links to illegal copies of the trailer or Hyperspace material and there shouldn't be any problems. :)

That said...I loved the trailer. I got chills, it was great. My two favorite scenes were all the wookiees together and then evil Sidious/Palpatine/whatever with the red lightsaber. I think this is tons better than the AOTC teaser trailer.

4. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I liked it all but my favorite part was when Obi-wan and Anakin clashed lightsabers in the lava field. And when they strike the lava explodes. It's just so exciting.

And don't worry I'm not posting anything illegal. And for all of you who haved seen the trailer its now available to all on sw.com.

5. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    What I can't believe is he had my post "edited"

Here's what I posted.

Hey just saw the E3 trailer and it was awesome!! I liked the part where.. "Hey who are you?!" *tackled to the floor by mysterious figures in black*

And he actually had that edited!! I was gonna join the group but not with such an immature individual like him running the show.. Later all consider me GONE!

6. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    What you posted reminds me more of is the matrix than ROTS. Men in black = Agent Smith.

It looks like I being the padawan am ready to rise up and take the place of my master to rule all these boards! "You don't know the Power of the darkside!"

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Jedipete33, I know you're not posting anything illegal...I just wanted to point out the main reason for me checking up on the thread. With all the trailer excitement a lot of people have been posting Hyperspace material without a second thought all over the boards. :)

TenguJedi...I get your joke, but think about it. Your CR hasn't seen the trailer, and your comment could be perceived as an event in the trailer...someone in the trailer instead saying "Hey who are you" and getting tackled by mysterious people in black. How's he supposed to know that didn't actually happen when he hasn't seen the trailer? It doesn't sound so farfetched for a Star Wars movie. A simple misunderstanding - no need to be hostile or to call him "immature" or "a child" (which is flaming by the way - against the rules of this site, please be nice). Now you have a thread to discuss the trailer as much as you want without having to worry about offending spoiler-sensitive folks.

Each FanForce is able to set its own rules about what constitutes a spoiler. This FanForce's policy is that any Episode III discussion needs to be labeled as "spoiler" to respect the extreme spoiler sensitivy of some of its members. Lots of groups have similar policies in place, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Please don't use this thread as a place to talk about your CR behind his back. That's not what it's for, and I won't allow it to continue. Instead, please use it for its intended purpose - Episode III.

Back on topic...what did you guys think of the teaser poster? Were you able to see all the "hidden" characters?

8. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    What did I think of the teaser poster? Well at first I didn't like it at all but now the poster has grown on me and I like it a lot. I think I'll get it eventually. Now about those hidden characters the only thing I could make out is Jar Jar getting shot with a blaster. I'm kidding. But really I couldn't find any of the hidden characters.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The hidden characters, if they're even meant to be there, are pretty hard to see. I managed to get the Vader silhouette and Grievous without too much difficulty, but my boyfriend had to help me with Boba Fett and the Emperor. I felt the same way about the poster at first - very underwhelmed. But it's grown on me too. I haven't bought anything with the poster print on it yet, starwarsshop.com has a bunch of stuff...I think I'll get through my Xmas shopping first. :p

10. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Have any of you seen the episode III videogame trailer. Whoa! major spoliers in that! If the game follows the movie closely we can predict from the trailer that Anakin kills Dooku and Mace Windu!!! Whoops I've already given away some major plots, so watch the rest at your own risk.

11. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Coolest star wars line ever, "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?!" - Emperor Palpatine!

12. TB-1866

TB-1866 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    They have the novel and visual guide at Suncoast video in Park City.. or at least they did when I was there.

In a word AWESOME!!!!!!

13. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Finished reading the book last night - absolutely incredible. Now I *really* can't wait for the movie! :D

14. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    AH i just finished reading the book... WOW I sat in shock for quite awhile

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, as I understand it, the whole boards are now open to discussion of the movie, so our board is open as well.

I have to say that there were a lot things I really liked about ROTS and there were several things I have problems with.

Anyone else interested in discussing their personal likes and dislikes from ROTS?

16. Thedarkone2003

Thedarkone2003 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Man, I am new to the boards...

Episode III was awesome. My favorite fight however was not any thing that took place with sabres or jedi, clone troopers, yoda or palpatine.
    BUT!!

The fight that Annakin had with himself to, what he thought was saving Padme, by turning on everyone he knew and cared for.( A very typical human flaw in all of mankind) I am still amazed and constantly think bout the inner struggle he had during that movie.
    When he killed Dooku, when he found out bout his dream, when he found out who Palpatine was, m an the list goes on and it drives me crazy lol.

Than... when Obi-wan cut his legs off, you could see that good flash back to Annakins face, just for a split second, realizing what he done, and than realizing it was to late. I was so sad, his struggle was portrayed really well this time i think by Hayden. I loved it and i cant wait to see it and own it.

17. Darth_Vader_22

Darth_Vader_22 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    YWELL ROTS is the best star wars movie of all times. The Mustafar battle between Padawan and Master is the best fight i've seen George Lucas do. We finally get to meet Chewbacca before she/he has Han. And Yoda kicks the emporors royal butt even thoung he thought he failed he did awesome

18. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Chewie is a he! And he's married well not technically but he does have a wife and son...Lumpy. Now my take on ROTS, well it was awesome and definitely my favorite of all the movies...yes even better than ROTJ. I'm not sure about the acting, I can't tell good from bad but the action was great and the movie wrapped up all loose ends except the quigon thing but thats another story...

19. bpickering

bpickering Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    sith is george's masterpeace...the best of all 6 movies...i was wondering how they were going to handle vader being on fire...they did a great job on that....

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Sorry, guys, but I think that if you take out the SFX of ROTS (which are not at the groundbreaking level that the OT was) the movie is lacking is so many ways. To be honest, my first problem while watching the movie was that everything is shown head and shoulders, even that action scenes. It would have been so much better if the scenes had been framed out further so that you get a better scope of everything going on.

General Greivous was way over-hyped. I knew going in that he had taken some damage from fighting during the kidnapping of Palpatine, but all the hacking and coughing and walking hunched over made him seem more of an old man in his death throws than the kiiling machine he is supposed to be.

As usual, the "romance" was very pathetic, and there seemed more chemistry between Obi-Wan and Padme (friendship) than there was between Anakin and Padme.

The pace of the movie was rushed and almost blurs by you.

Other than the drastic change to Anakin, there is next to no character development in ROTS, something that was very important in the OT and helped you really feel you knew the characters.

The positives as I see them, the music was still up to John Williams' high level of artistry, the special effects were good, the digital/live action was nearly seamless, and Ewan McGregor actually has made me hold the character of Obi-Wan in much higher regard. I did like that we finally learned why Yoda and Obi-Wan disappeared when they died, though I think it could have been better.

There are too many things that are still contradictory between the PT and the OT (even with the DVD SE changes).

21. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    booo dave boooo While I can see your point just remember even though the movie is the way it is good old GL will change it for the 30th aniversary release.

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    By the time 2035 comes around, Lucas may not be around to do a 30th anniversary version!

And I do want it known that while I think that the PT could have been done better, I am glad it at least exists, though I wish Lucas still had the passion he had that drove him during the OT.

Did anyone else catch that Obi-Wan and Yoda both refer to Palpatine as Emperor right after he declares the Galactic Empire? How would they have known this while they are searching the Jedi Temple?

23. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I was talking about the 30th aniversary of the OT which is coming up in 2007

24. scoutsniper

scoutsniper Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Would love to see a directors cut....to see the temple fight seen and see if a lot more was cut out.

25. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Rick McCallum has stated that there will be 5 or 6 scenes that were cut from the theater version of ROTS that will be included in the DVD release this fall. Unfortunately, most of the scenes seem to be more plot-driving scenes than action/battle scenes.

I must say that I am very frustrated with the idea that LFL will be releasing boxed sets of 1-3 and 1-6 this fall as well as the ROTS DVD! We just had the OT:SE DVDs released last fall, if I had known that we could have a full set in one box, I would have waited to buy it. Then, I would only have doubles of the TPM and AOTC DVDs and not doubles of them and the OT:SEs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.