main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Other stuff upon 2nd viewing:
    Palps offed the jedi who came to arrest him WAY too easily! They pretty much just stood there,

Palps's voice was really strange sometimes, stranger than ever it was in the OT.

The Noooo and Franken-steps diminished the Vader scene

2. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Mon MOthma was on screen - she is in the crowd when they come back... she is in the back in white.

Jar Jar does have a line near the same scene...

Shaak Ti had scenes filmed but it looks like they were cut out probably because other things were more pertinate to the storyline - like Mace going out.

I was not impressed the first time - it wasn't dark enough and it was too light hearted at times. Yeah, I know but truly, I was not as overwhelmed> BUt when I saw it again today I was in tears almost the entire time. I was able to ignore the little things that distracted me the last time. But, as I said before I thought it wasn't dark enough nor as violent as it should of been for a PG 13...

But I will be seeing it again in a few weeks, then maybe the guy sitting near me won't be text messanging through out the film.

3. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    some things that bug me..

1. How do the Clone Wars last so long, when you are fighting such inept droids?

2. What was the deal with the athsmatic (sp) General Grievous?

3. You know your love story has flaws, when the audience is snickering throughout.

4. Padme dies because of a "Broken Heart"? Are you kidding me? She just gave birth to twins, I would think she has plenty to live for, don't you?

5. Padme naming the twins, then suddenly passes on.. If you are watching the movies from Episode I-VI, they just lost the "holy cow, that has been his sister the entire time" factor.

6. Not enough Wookie love on screen. Action figures galore, lego sets, water soakers but no screen time?

7. No mention of the formation of the Rebellion, which would have been interesting to see fleeing peoples gathering on Dantooine, or some other world.

8. Mace gets a decent death scene, but other Jedi Masters past rather quickly when compared to one Padawan helping Bail Organa.. Okay...

After all that, the film is still well worth the wait. It won't ever compete with the Original Trilogy, mainly because the chemistry between the cast of the OTC can't be touched with the Prequal Cast.

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I agree, WomackD. It can't touch the OT, mostly I feel that way because of the connection we have with those characters for knowing the films so long. Maybe my kids will feel the same way about the PT as I do about the OT.

5. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree with you on that one Bob...my kids are totally into the E1-E3 characters. The OT doesn't get them as excited at the PT. Of course the newer toys and video games are so much cooler...so this maybe the reason why.

6. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't think that high of a percentage of young kids during the prequel era really care about Star Wars at all.. Their "star wars" is Harry Potter.

I think the prequels failed (in comparison to the OTC) because Lucas didn't cater to those that grew up with the films, but geared the films toward younger audiences. This third film was more adult, and thus is alot more successful in scope to the entire Saga.

7. freezerwookie

freezerwookie Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    and now I finally have closer. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed a movie I already knew conclusion to. But, there are a lot of flaws.

First half hour of this film had way too much going on at once. No, we can't just kill a few droids in a battle, we gotta kill fifty plus, all at once. Space battle was just a jumble of Lucas CGI creations, like watching a swarm of bees on honey, just no focus.

Queen Amadala (sp) goes from being a strong woman of power, to this love struck teenage puppy dog. No I love you more, no I love you more. Please, my blood sugar jumped 200 points from all the sap.

R2D2 is now Robocop?

Dooku went out like a chimp, instead of a pimp. What a waste of a great character. I feel for C. Lee- 2 minutes in ROTS, none in Return of the King.

Grievous needs to stop smokeing! What is up with the coughing up a lung on every breathe? Try Lights if your that addicted, bud.

Was that an opera the Emperor and Anakin attended, or the Lawrence Welk bubble orchestra?

And my last complaint- If the Jedi are so All-Knowing and all powerful, how come it took them so long to figure things out? "Failed, I have." YEA YOU THINK SO YODA? The most in touch minds in the galaxy, and nobody sensed the evil pouring from Palpatine. Hell, I can sense when my cat is in heat and ALL the Jedi can't pick up one negative vibe from the most evil man in existence?

And I won't even touch all the contradictions from this movie and the previous 5.

When I look past all these things, this was truely a numbing movie to watch, and several times caught myself just thinking WOW! I will be seeing it again real soon, and hopeing that maybe I just missed all the Wookie scenes the 1st time.

8. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    "Grievous needs to stop smokeing! What is up with the coughing up a lung on every breathe? Try Lights if your that addicted, bud."

[face_laugh]

Maybe I should work on a Grievous costume.

9. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Grievous had Mace Windu crush part of his windpipe in the Clone Wars - did no one watch the cartoons? The movie went directly from the cartoon into the movie...

And Lee had to die - Anakin had to kill him to be able to become his apprentice... Dragging Dooku aorund just to have him in the film would of been useless to the storyline - chopping his head off was another step down the darkside for Anakin, he knew it was wrong and he went with his feelings on killing Dooku - it also shows the control Paplatine had on Anakin.

AS for the rebellion - um, doesn't start until near the beginning of the OT. The heart is there but the blood isn't.

And Womack - tons of kids love Star Wars, I have yet to see a kid begging or screaming when they see Harry POtter in the stores. But maybe thats just me. I like the HP series.

10. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    man oh man, i loved episode iii...awesome stuff. inconsistent? sometimes, i'll live through it though. It was awesome seeing everyone so hyped and the costumes looked amazing.

11. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Everyone in their regular clothes looked good too. Especially Redgek, I liked his pants!

12. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Okay I jsut got back from seeing it again. LOVED IT!!! the little things that bugged the first time, didn't matter this time around. It's in my top 3 of the movies Right after a New Hope and Empire. I can't wait to see it again on Sunday with my kids.

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Crushed part of his windpipe? More like his entire chest cavity!

14. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    uuh huh! you said Cavity!

15. jedimaster_polarbear

jedimaster_polarbear Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Well, I finally have a little time to post my thoughts on ROTS! I of course saw the 12:01 show at Cottonwood, but I also saw it three times yesterday, hence no time to post.

Great movie! I would say it's almost as good as Empire. Is it flawed? Yes, but all of the other movies have flaws too, including the OT (I know it's heresy to say that). However, the minor flaws that do exist do not detract from the movie for me.

Perhaps, it's not so much flaws in the movie, but it's more awkward moments in the dialogue. George Lucas just cannot seem to write romantic dialogue, but I have known this for awhile, and ignore those moments in the movie.

I think my favorite moment in the movie is when Yoda prevents Sidious from leaving. That exchange between the masters of light and dark is great. I didn't think Yoda lost the confrontation so much as he realized that he couldn't win - it was a stand off.

I may be the only one who didn't mind the scene after the suit construction when Vader screams, "Noooooo!" I think the issue is that we see the suit and think of the Vader from the OT, but this is still more Anakin than the hardened Vader of 20 years later. He has regrets. Now, when I watch the OT I will see a Darth Vader that is filled with regret.

Polarbear

By the way, it was great meeting all the different fan club members! Your costumes were excellent!

16. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Great review Polar Bear, 4 times already, my god! I plan to see it as much as possible, My dream would be that it knocks that pathetic piece of crap Titanic out of #1 but I am a Jedi so being #1 matters not to me...

...Titanic still a piece of crap though!

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I couldn?t even post yesterday ? heck, I could barely function at work yesterday. Sorry we split rather quickly right after the movie? I honestly couldn?t function well as the credits rolled, I was numb ? couldn?t stand, speak ? so overwhelmed by it all. Not that there weren?t some issues I had with it, but no SW movie is perfect (yes ? Empire is close) But overall, I think it stands out as one of my top 3?.not in order ? Empire, ROTS, & AOTC. Going again tonight with the non-Star Wars crowd, so we?ll see what reaction they have ? a lot of the references are obscure unless you?re a fan i.e. Grievious? coughing fits, the jappor snippet, Yoda & ObiWan?s conversation at the end.

And finally, just wanted to give a big group hug to everyone who came out ? it was our shining moment, even in the face of ugliness (mad teacher dude). I had many warm fuzzies thinking of what a great group this is!! [:D]

Lindsey ? I have to tell you about one of my dreams last night ;)

18. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Everyone in their regular clothes looked good too. Especially Redgek, I liked his pants!

Those are my sugar pants! Thanks for noticing!

...just kidding. I have no idea what we're talking about.

19. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Indeed they are.

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    $50 Million Dollars in its opening day.

That's $50,000,000.

Or 200,000,000 quarters.

Or 500,000,000 dimes.

Or 50,000,000,000 pennies.

Wow. Shattered the previous record holder, Spider-Man 2 at $40.4 million.

Attack of the Clones garnered $30.1 million it's opening day.

21. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I have to be honest I was very disappointed in the plot. I did not believe they gave Anakin a good enough reason to go to the darkside. I personally needed more than two small scenes with the Emperor. I loved the special effects and I was very proud of Ewan. My absolute favorite was R2D2. He was adorable!!

22. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I think I need to read the book because I have too many unanswered questions

23. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Heresy! Heretic burning on a stake is back on! j/k.

24. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    After starting the day with $16,912,367 from midnight shows alone, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith closed Thursday with $50,013,859 from an estimated 9,400 screens at 3,661 theaters. That's the biggest day ever for a single movie in history.

Take that Shrek 2, you sucked as much as Titanic, you piece crap!

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oh, Anakin's turn was very believable in my book.

Episode I - Very dependent on his mother. That's the only person he's ever been attached to. No father. A slave. His mother is his life. Starts becoming attached to Qui-Gon then Qui-Gon goes down. Only Obi-Wan, someone he barely knows, Padme, a young girl he thought he knew and liked the way a 10 year old can like a girl, are the only people he has bonds with.

Episode II - Has grown to a young man, with Obi-wan no longer a stranger, but a father figure to him. Palpatine has become a bit of a mentor for him. More of a grandfatherly role than anything else (at least what was seen on screne). Then Padme comes back into his life. He's a 10 year old again, but a 10 year old that's had several years of his life to build Padme up into something that is incredible in his life. All bravado, the only person that has taken care of him in his life is Obi-wan. Then he begins gushing on Padme. She doesn't necessarily turn him down, but keeps any feelings hidden. Then he has dreams about his mother - his life. The loss of his mother is devastating to him - as he feels he should have freed her and saved her as he promised as a child. Is willing to throw away his Jedi teaching to be with the girl he has fallen for. Defends his Master at the cost of his arm, because of his love. Finally ends up marrying Padme and has a bond with her forged through the situations they've been put into together.

Episode III - Dashing young hero. Obi-wan, more of a brother now than a father. They become the Heroes of the Galactic Republic. Together, they cannot be stopped. The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic is a close friend, so close he can share secrets with him that he cannot tell anyone else. Married to the beautiful and headstrong senator of Naboo. Finds out he will be a FATHER. Be like the Father he NEVER HAD. Begins having premonitions that Padme will die during childbirth, and now the Chancellor reveals that he can help him discover how to save her. As a husband and father of young kids, I know how easily that can sway any rational mind. To know you will be a first time father and to know that your wife will die giving birth, and not know if the child will survive? You'd do anything to ensure that'll happen.

At the point of his turn, when he pledges himself to Palpatine, he's so ashamed of himself knowing that he cannot undo what he has done. He's so screwed up in the head, he's so lost, so confused, the only thing left that he can think of is Padme.

His turn was very believable in my opinion. I feel so sorry for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.