main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh yeah, that was great. Really brought back some Star Wars nostalgia - it felt like "The Moisture Farm" all over again.

2. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    im gonna hafta agree with u on that.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    while on vacation I listened to RotS a lot on my discman - and only then noticed the very quiet statement of Across the Stars in Padme's Ruminations
    and I love it. It's so small but very powerful, somehow.

I still don't know how I rank the score among the others, but there are definitely a lot of awesome moments :)

4. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I was wrong earlier when I said Across the Stars plays with Imperial March towards the end. The point I was thinking of was right before The Duel, when Anakin and Padme talk at the bottom of her ship. It's just so powerful, culminating in such a crescendo. Man, that whole climax of the film is so stunningly powerful.

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I'm really loving that Force Theme cue when Obi-Wan arrives at Utapau.

6. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Arrival at Utapau is alright, but I LOVE the departure cue. It seems whenever a scene is rescored with the Force theme, it gets better. First "Binary Sunset," now this. The only problem is that it leaves the little departure motif, which begins with Cody's dialogue, hanging. This motif of course was used in the original departure music.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Oh, I love the departure cue too. I wish we had it on the soundtrack. But I think the arrival cue with the strings is more beautiful.

8. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Except for the strange "rappeling troops" edit at the end of the main title (just before the Battle Over Coruscant begins,) I would call this the best prequel soundtrack. (Does this make AOTC the only soundtrack to feature the theatrical version of the main title track?)

9. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    "(Does this make AOTC the only soundtrack to feature the theatrical version of the main title track?) "

Nope. The second half there is "Arrival At Kamino".

ttbk

10. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Not quite... I believe this is the actual breakdown of the first track:

"Main Title" (TPM recording)
    "Ambush on Coruscant" (very short excerpt with the same opening measures as in TPM, then the "Donnnn... donnnnnnnn..." on horns)
    "Interview with Jango" (music for the return to Kamino where Obi-Wan is meeting with Jango - cuts out on Boba Fett's "Sure!")
    "Arrival at Kamino" (a little different from the film version)

So Clones DOES contain the post-title crawl music, but only for a few seconds.

Sith's post-title crawl music (RECORDED by Williams, not edited by Burtt ;)) is almost the same on the album. The only difference is that the album omits the action cue "'Get 'Em, R2!'" which goes between "They're Coming Around" and "The Elevator Scene."

11. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Oh. Maybe I should watch AOTC a couple more times....

Or not.:eek:

As far nostalgia goes, the part that really got to me was Leia's theme in the credits...

ttbk

12. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Hearing Leia's theme in the credits, I thought, "Wait, she's been in the movie for like 20 seconds! Why is her theme in the credits? But wait, I don't care."

Because at heart, I think all we ever wanted was another adventure with Luke and Leia and Han.

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Because Luke's Theme is too important and the twins are the New Hope. If watched/ listened to in order, ANH will feel sort of nostalgic when Leia's Theme plays

I think it works pretty well

unlike The Throne Room [face_plain] I always skip that on the RotS CD

14. jadailyTCU

jadailyTCU Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I could've sworn someone said "The Dark Side Beckons" was in ROTS somewhere. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. No matter.

I already knew about the "Clash of Lightsabers" bit. That's what makes "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" such a great track.

Is "Arrival at Kamino" the Separatists' Theme? Or any theme at all?

15. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Kamino and the Separatists have different motives.

16. jadailyTCU

Apr 26, 2005
    OK, I kinda figured that was the case, but I wasn't really sure, so I asked. Can you tell me a track on either the AOTC or the ROTS soundtracks that has the Separatists' Theme and at what point in the track? Or is it only in the movies?

17. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    OK. The Separatists' theme is also sort of a motif for the mystery of Jango Fett and the clones, however there's another "mystery" motif (this is a little confusing).

Separatist motif:
    - end of Track 1
    - end of Track 10

Mystery motif (short ostinato):
    - second half of Track 8
    - middle of Track 10

Kamino motif (similar to Mystery motif, but a different theme):
    - second half of Track 1

Sorry I can't provide track times. I've modified my AotC CD, so it's expanded, out of order, edited, etc.

18. jadailyTCU

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks much!

19. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    Just wondering, has anyone ever tried running the Arena track over the correct Episode 2 part and listend to how it sounded?

20. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    I haven't tried it, but from what I've heard, the track does match up within a few seconds.

21. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    i always when i'm to that part go to the erena song and play it then switch back.

22. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Has anyone else heard that very quiet statement of Across the Stars in Padme's Ruminations? It plays at 1:15 into the track.

23. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I have no idea what you're talking about

okay, maybe I do [face_whistling]

24. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I've fallen in love with the short but awesome Greivous Speaks to Lord Sidious.

25. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Has anyone else heard that very quiet statement of Across the Stars in Padme's Ruminations? It plays at 1:15 into the track.

Yup. I hear it every single time I listen to that track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.