main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm still of the impression they are one and the same.

I don't really see how good of a guy he can be when he killed Chandra.

Although I did just find something interesting on IMDB while I was looking up Chandra's name. They list Sean Bean as "Paul Sylar" in three episodes. Of course we all know how relable IMDB can be. Considering I sure as heck didn't see him in "Better Halves" I'm writting it off as a hoax.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Although I did just find something interesting on IMDB while I was looking up Chandra's name. They list Sean Bean as "Paul Sylar" in three episodes.

I seriously geeked out at that. I <3 Sean Bean.

Of course we all know how relable IMDB can be. Considering I sure as heck didn't see him in "Better Halves" I'm writting it off as a hoax.

Dammit, that brought me down to earth. [face_frustrated]

//rushes off to The Compleat Bean

Double damn...

Heroes (Paul Sylar) - Paul Sylar is NOT played by Sean Bean, contrary to rumours and the IMDb

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well i always thought Claires dad and Sylar were different but i thought maybe there was more of a connection between the two like their paths have crossed which may have started Claires dad on the path he is on now.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think the Claire's dad is a bad guy, but not "the bad guy", if that makes sense.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    if Claire's dad is bad I think it's on a much smaller scale of what to come in the future.

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    While I'm starting to come around on my Sylar=HRG theory. I still don't know if one will necessarly be more bad then the other. I defintaly think they are connected.

8. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    love this show
    Tim Sale's artwork is so awesome!

Hiro's the BEST

Future Hiro - hes got a sword! so bad@$$!:cool:

have some theories:
    clairs 'foster dad' might be a gov. agent tracking/tagging the "supers"
    keeping them in line, ect.
    think he might turn out to their commis. gordon......down the line.....maybe....? i duuno

clairs real dad might? be sylar? maybe? (scary)

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating theories Bar_Bar.

Ones I'd like to see actually. Goes with my thinking, especially with Clair's dad.

clairs real dad might? be sylar? maybe? (scary)

Scary is right, but I can see that. Someone who might pull Nkki to his side, if she isn't already?? o_O

10. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    A talkbacker on AICN made a good point about the enthusiasm people have for this show, stating that it's not bound by any existing canon or continuity like Smallville, or a movie about Spiderman, Batman or the X-Men. Every week reminds me of going to the corner store when I was a kid and dropping down a few quarters for the latest Daredevil, Captain America, G.I. Joe, Ghost Rider or Punisher.

It's completely fresh, a modern grown-up comic for those of us who grew up with cape-and-tights superheroes. I have ideas about where the show will go, but the writers keep me on my toes.

11. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    o.k. so we have our Heroes,
    then theres gonna be Villians, right?

is Nikki evil or just misguided? she is the POWERHOUSE of the group,
    will she be brought in, or continue the dark path? Mica will factor into that...

IF Sylar IS Clairs father, would she join him and together they could ect,ect,ect

whatd make a great episode is once the gangs assmembled, who take lead?

flying senator? "im a polition, i lead!"

vision painter? "no! i see whats about to happen, follow me"

Hiro would be:D

cheerLEADER "GOOOOOOOO TEAM!" j/k

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It'll be Peter. He seems to be the key. More then Clair. Makes sense too. He's been in his brother's shadow now he has the chance to be someone to do something. He's already accepted his abilities while the others try to hide and reject them. He'll be the leader.

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Another superb episode. I growled in frustration after DL and Micha drove away from Hiro and Ando.

Loved Hiro's comment about wishing for super strength as well. LOL

Very interesting about this incendiary man's comment about blowing up the city.

I liked getting a little peek at Micah's power/s. Still not sure about what side Nikki's on, or more to the point, Jessica's.

This show is just too damn short though. :p

14. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Sad to see Richard Roundtree pass, but as long as his daughter sticks around, so will I!

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    sounds like an interesting episode. i end up watching each new episode the day after because I have class from 7p.m. - 930p.m. central time on monday

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Glad to see I was right about Micah having a power doing with machines. That should be interesting. And more heroes on the way it seems. And it seems next week will finally solve the issue with Clair's dad. Part of me really hopes he's not evil and is instead trying to prevent whatever is happening. But he could be a very interesting villian if done right.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005

i haven't seen this new episode yet but i'm sticking to my thoughts that Claire's dad will ultimately be good. it just seems to obvious that he's setup as a bad guy

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Good episode. I had a feeling that was what Micha's power was. Seems like he has put two and two together and figured out whats going on with mom. He obviously doesn't know the full extent otherwise he wouldn't of set his parrent's up for round two.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    HAve to say I chuckled at Micah pretty much demanding to talk with his mom while on the phone with Jessica. Doesn't surpise me he was very much more aware of what was going on, though it does make me wonder what the problem is with his parents, or if it's just a matter of Jessica feeling that DL cramps her style being in Nikki's life.

20. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I think Nikki is on Nikki's side. There really isn't any 'sides' yet. The only people so far who have a sense of purpose / fate / mission is Peter, the Painter and Hiro.

Could that radiation guy be the actual eventual explosion in NY?

21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That was a cool episode. Micah manipulating electronics is pretty sweet, and I thought it was funny when he asked Hiro's friend if he was the guy that showed at his house looking for his mom. =D= for the mind reading cop for punching his "friend" for sleeping with his wife.

22. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    When the old bloke died in the dream sequence, I obviously didn't know it was a dream at the time. I thought that Peter was going to jump out the window and fall to his death or do something stupid, because, he obviously only flew that one time in the presence of his brother due to his power mimicry.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Was it a dream though?

I'm not quite sure yet what it was but the dad seemed to think that it was real. Maybe Peter was having some residual effect from being around some one we don't know about yet or maybe its part of the root of his powers.

Edit: Did you guys see these?

Drawings of the characters by the actors.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I would disagree about there being no sides yet. There's always a good and bad side, in fact Micah was just telling his dad this last episode about being a good guy vs bad guy.

I would think Sylar thinks he has a purpose as well, though what he's doing cannot be construed as anything but bad.

I loved Matt punching his so called friend. My heart breaks for him thoug, he's trying so hard to make things right with his wife. [face_love]

25. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I wasn't surprised that the cheerleader drawing has the highest bid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.