main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF- Needful Things

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jomama, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    I wanted to get a craigslist type thread going for us to offer up specialty type services and a way to maybe get rid of stuff that we don't need. It seems like someone is always moving and may need something in particular or maybe one us is just cleaning out the garage. I personally don't even know what some of you do so this is also an opportunity for us to network for any tasks we may have and go through people we can trust.

2. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    I have a coffee table that is 14 1/2" high and 29 1/2 square. In the next couple of weeks I am getting another one so I want it out. It's oak color and sturdy as hell. You could probably dance on it if you so desired. I will also have an air compressor so PM me if you need your sprinklers blown out on the weekend of the 16-17th.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I was just thinking about this the other day. I need, for all you garage sale(ers) and thrift shoppers! Buttons, zippers, ric rac, ribbon, stretch lace 1/4" to 10" (hehe, I said 10 inch), or any other kind of sewy crafty nick nack you can find for dirt cheap. Oh and any bernina parts of any kind (I have a 630), so bobbins, feet, or whatever you can find.

You can always text me if your not sure of your find or my ability to pay for it :D

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004

Nevermind we are good, thanks. :)

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Kim, sometimes I hit antique malls and they have jars of random buttons -- is that what you're meaning?

Old watch parts, yo. If you see 'em, I want 'em. OLD watches -- gears and stuff, not digital. For steampunk. Funky old jewelry parts, too. I'm also available by text if needed. :)

I can repair most jewelry, unless we're into metalsmithing, prong repair, etc. Broken necklace or bracelet? Hit me up. Also, I can proofread and/or edit anything (and believe me, I have...).

6. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    The coffee table has been claimed and taken to a new home where it will run free!

7. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    Today I dug a bunch of Iris' out of someones garden that they no longer wanted. He says they are a rare blue color but he was making a veggie garden instead. Does anyone want some of these? I will plant a few at my place but I probably have a 100 of them. They are very easy to take care of and you only need to plant them an inch under the soil.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Im sure kim would like a few.

I have a small shop vac that I need to get rid of. It needs a hose and I think it uses bags as a filter. free to a good home.

9. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    I will bring you some flowers in a bucket to the halloween party.

10. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    If you need something soldered with silver solder, I can do it... I've got the heavy duty metalsmithing skills and a torch to prove it. Not very good with delicate small things though ;) I've done sculpture, and things as small as rifle sights before, just to give you an idea. Call or email me :)

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Very cool. That's something I'd like to learn someday.

12. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    I was given a huge jar of Jalapenos today that will probably last me 5 years so if any of you cooks want some then let me know or they may go to waste. They are Mild and home grown. I'm sure DWRD is out since he can't take anything hotter than a chocolate frosty.

13. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I have ten pounds of candy. Anyone out there with a sweet tooth?

14. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Just got diagnosed with Diabetes in June. Otherwise, Heck yes I'd want some CANDY!!!! :D

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Anyone need old CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs? I just discarded a bunch from the library, and we can't sell them but we can give them away, so if you have a project for them, let me know.

16. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I still have a full-wave queen waterbed that's free for whoever wants to come haul it away.

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sounds like we need a needful things trip to goodwill.

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Let me know...I have a box of crap I would love to get rid of.

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Pack in car, drive to nearest location :p

I want old T-Shirts, holes in the underarms don't matter but stains kinda do. Blue jeans or Green, Red, Grey, Purple, Yellow Jeans I want too, doesn't matter is there are holes in the knees or seems.

Thanks

20. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    I have some old and newer t-shirts that I was going to rip into shop rags. Most are darker colors, some faded. Your more than welcome to them.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Its a big frakking box. I am gonna need help. :)

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Oh, and I am looking for an old wooden dollhouse, either assembled or a kit. Condition is fairly irrelevant. I am going to paint it black and give it to junior for christmas. She said Angel doesnt want to live in Buffy's pink house and she wants a black one for him. Its gonna be a vampire christmas!

23. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Check on free cycle ;)

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Kim, are you looking for just Tshirts in general, or stuff with "cool stuff" on it? I am pretty sure we can donate to the cause in either case :)

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I will dig through my box of crap while you are here and see if anything suits your needs, Kim.