main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Rochester hosting a Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    This message was sent to me by the Rochester Rebellion President, Chris Ballard. I thought I would post his message here and see what you all think.

The group has been batting around the idea of hosting a holiday party for the surrounding groups. Being as it's a little too late to be planning a party in December, we're planning the party on one of 3 possible weekends in January. Either Sunday or Saturday of those weekends. The weekends are, in order of Saturday and Sunday, the 10th & 11th, 17th & 18th, 24th & 25th. I will be posting a topic on the voting of which weekend, sent via PM to myself. The party will be held in the fellowship hall of my church, in Chili NY, 6 miles West of Rochester, for 4 or more hours. The set up will be very much like the party after Grape and Wine, everyone brings their own dish, an "admission" fee of 3-5 dollars per person, we haven't chosen which yet. And all the food left over will go to FOODLINK, the area food charity. Inform your Fan Force of the idea, by the end of the week I'll get a message posted on your groups' boards with more details, including directions, and link to the voting thread. Hope you see more of you all!
    May the Force Be With You,
    Rochester Rebellion President, Chris Ballard

Let me know what you think on this and what dates would be best for you. I know that for myself any Sunday in January would be good.

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I'd have to check dates with band and drama as well as any oher school things or family activites.

3. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/museum/images/Christmas/Contest_Dec_2000/Entries/ed-sithmas1024.jpg]

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Details are coming on a little slow, cause we're looking around to see if there's a place that's larger, and can stay at longer. Hopefully I'll have information for you all by the end of the week.

5. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    As Raef indicated, a lot may depend on what date it is and whether anything is going on that date. At the moment I don't know what's planned for January, my wife plans things more than I do. As an example though, Raef's birthday is 1/14, so its possible a party could be planned either the weekend before or after. However, the decision whether to go or not would affect at least 3 of us, maybe 4, from the Sherrill area.

6. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    *dances* I'm gunna be 15! woot!!!!

er....*coughs*...yeah.

The only thing the band has planned would be for all county jazz, which I'm not going to do this year. I won't be going to the NYSSMA in January, either, I'm in the second one. Drama...don't know, haven't gotten a calendar for January. Will have to check on the 22nd when I go next.

7. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    18 in 6 months :D I'll be legal [face_mischief]

8. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Otto_den_ktula.....Legal for what?

9. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Please note the mischevious smiley and rescind your question.

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Til I'm legal to be out past nine of course!! ;) :p

Actually, that's all it is. There's really not much I really feel like doing other than that :p

11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok, the dates poll is up, anyone can vote on the dates for it here Before voting, read my informational post. It's essential to the best outcome of people for the party.

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Any saturday in january is a bad time, really. I've got drama stuff on every weekend. *sighs*

13. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry man, but so far it looks like the masses are going with Saturdays.

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    :'(

poopdeck.

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    If you haven't voted yet, please do so. The sooner I can get the date we choose to the right people, the sooner we can have it sceduled and for certain.

16. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Just for those who haven't voted yet, I'm closing the poll tomorrow night at 10pm EST. That's December 31st at 10pm EST. If you want your opinion to count, hurry over and vote ;)

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi Everyone. This came to me today from Otto_den_Ktulu so, I thought I would post it here.

Hey Ian,

Umm, as you might possibly already know, there's some problems going on with our club right now, and well, the total plans for the party are kinda on the back burner. We're not totally forgetting them, I'm still going to get the times ready from the church, should have them by Sunday. The date is definatly the 17th however, voting ended, and that's how it came out. There's things we figured out before the whole issue reared it's ugly head though. We're providing the main course and inviting the groups to bring along other dishes of food. Desserts will be provided as well, and again we're inviting the groups to bring some of their own. There will be an entrance fee of $5 to pay for costs and further proceeds will go to a charity, including the left over food, if there is any. I'll get directions to all of you from each city, and post them in your forums. I have one request though, get back to me with a number of people that will be coming? So that we know how much we can donate, and how much we need to make food wise. But again, we're inviting you all to bring something along if you want to

So let me know if you can make it. Directions will follow later.

Ian

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll drop in a note to work tonight.

19. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, since this thread is still in the day's forums:

The masses have spoken, and have chosen Jan. 17th as the date for the Holiday Party. In lue of that, members of Syracuse Fan Force are cordially invited to the Rochester Rebellion's Post Holiday Party on Saturday January 17th from 1pm to 5pm at the First Baptist Church in Chili, in Chili NY. Directions and map will be posted on our website. The directions will also be sent to you via PM. There will be an enterance fee of $5 which will cover costs as well as go to a donation to the area's Alternatives For Battered Women shelter. We are also leaving the option open to bring a toy to donate to the shelter, for there are children that stay with their mothers in the shelter, or a grab bag gift to share with those who also bring a gift. Just so it can be fair, those who bring a gift, recieve a gift. It can be anything, doesn't have to just be Star Wars, for those of you who I know are wondering.
    Lunch/Dinner is as follows:
    (Everything's homemade here people, except the bread, that's made at Wegman's :p)
    Salad with Italian Dressing

Pasta with Homemade Red Sauce/Pasta with Butter-Garlic Sauce

Bread

Dessert ? cookies ? pizzelles, butter cookies, etc

Drinks ? coffee, tea, hot chocolate, pop, water

Though all that sounds delicious, we're inviting those who wish to, to bring a dish of their own to pass, for lunch/dinner or dessert. Either or. See you all on the 17th!!!

-Chris
    Rochester Rebellion President
    Rochester, NY

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Chris for the info.........

:)

Is anyone up for this? It would be great if we could have a big turnout from Syracuse....

21. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Chris asked me to get this posted for you guys - here are the directions

Dave

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    (Everything's homemade here people, except the bread, that's made at Wegman's )
    Salad with Italian Dressing

Pasta with Homemade Red Sauce/Pasta with Butter-Garlic Sauce

Bread

Dessert ? cookies ? pizzelles, butter cookies, etc

Drinks ? coffee, tea, hot chocolate, pop, water

Ooh, homemade water! All joking aside... Nate and I requested the day off from work. I'm also trying to get Korriban Outcast to come- she's only posted a couple times, but has shown interest. If Drogon's driving, we're coming.

23. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Andy, if you can get us a ride that will be nice and the easiest way. If not tell me and I will ask my mother to borrow the car saturday. This is if we even get the day(s) off. They aren't going to be to happy that I did a R/O for 2 saturdays in a row when I am the only one there that knows how to build ends.

24. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    I'm thinking of going...if I could ride with someone I'd probably be convinced, but even if I drive myself, I'm still considering it. When do we have to decide by? -C

25. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    Yea, i'm thinking i can go. My mom probably will give me a ride. I'm gonna try to drag one of my friends along too if I can. See you all then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.