main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't send us anything while driving; pull over to the side of the road first!

What is Mac wearing?

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    His green fightsuit, tan flack vest.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    If you lived in Ontario and a policeman caught you doing that. it's a five hundred dollar fine for driving distracted. They're starting to crack down on distracted drivers.

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I didn't mean that i was in motion while texting... i was in a poorly lit parking light in the midst of a rain storm :D i just have a small qwerty keyboard and fat thumbs :p

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

[face_rofl]

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    If you live in Canada, actually. Cracking down nationwide, to my knowledge.

7. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Good thing i live on the other side of the great lakes from there and that i wasn't mobile at the time. :p

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    It's illegal to drive in Colorado and text at the same time. But, everyone still does it anyways. Just don't get caught. The one thing it has affected is accidents. Text-and-driving accidents now carry a heavier cost then before in Colorado...the last lady to my knowledge (about a year ago now) was racked over the coals on local media (name and everything) for driving while texting and hitting and killing (or injuring...I forget which one it was) someone.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    It's about time too. I was almost hit by someone who was driving and had the cell phone up to her ear. If I wasn't paying attention she could've hit my front end

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay all, lets get back on track for OOG discussion. Just want to make sure we're limiting the socializing. Good discussion about cell phones, just want to make sure it doesn't overstep the OOG boundaries. Some socializing within a mostly OOG post, just fine.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Can you re-post the description on those Guardian Squadron flight jackets, please?

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Darn it. Dropped my game post in here by accident, as I was here to check what Mac was wearing.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, the post itself is lost to the endless posts. HOWEVER, I have a good memory when it comes to those Jackets (oddly enough...)

The original jackets sported a brown leather with the old Merc Symbol (same as current symbol, just replace GUARDIAN SQUADRON with MERC FIGHTER-INTERCEPTOR SQUADRON) on the back. It furthermore sported the old Mercs' Symbol in a smaller version on the left breast. The right breast sported the Mercs' rank and first initial and full last name in bold white lettering.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I just got done finishing two major college projects this weekend (just submitted the second one less then 20 minutes ago). I am now caught up and should be back to normal by tomorrow night or Wednesday night (college class Tuesday night).

Coffee wanted me to pass on that she should be able to respond to tags by Thursday night. She is extremely busy with college at the moment.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Just finished a test and discussion, still got another paper to do, but I should be able to have a post up this afternoon or tomorrow. Gibbs tonight ;)

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    In class tonight. Just FYI. Busy tonight in class.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ATTENTION PLAYERS AND STAFF

I need EVERYONE to PM (Private Message) me the following information by Friday (or this weekend). If it's late, no worries. The sooner, the better, however. ;) I PMed a similar PM several months ago...but the old boards' PM swallowed it and I have no record. :(

1) What is your character's ONE greatest strength (or ability, trait, etc.)

2) What animal, or Earth based element (water, fire, wind, earth, etc.), would identify your characters? Optional

3) What, to the best of your ability, is your vision for the end of your character's storyline for THIS game?

I will be posting a In-Character post up for Jason Lasso ASAP as an example. It is important to know that Bravo will be posting the information you PM me, in part or in whole, in a In-Character post in the near future with a important game NPC. The point is simple: to work with the "Prophecy," storyline, each Merc has a special "piece" for the "puzzle" to make the Prophecy come together for the second game. The question is, who has which piece? No one character will be more special, or important, then anyone's character in the prophecy. FYI. Also, please know that I will be crafting the information everyone gives me via PM into a storyline plot. No one character will be "exclusive" to a part of the storyline and no one character will get "what they want". It is based on the game's storyline. We all share the spotlight with the "Prophecy" storyline as designed by Bravo (with in-put by the other Staff members and players).

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I just had a glitch and my post that I started yesterday afternoon was just lost. I am working on replacing it. Should be up later, although not as good as the original. :(

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hate it when that happens, and for some reason the replacement post is never as good as the original. :rolleyes:

I am working on my response to Sith's last tag as well. Hopefully up in the next day or two. ;)

[​IMG]

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I've had that happen before Mitth. Very hard to deal with. I'm sorry. :( However, there is a solution: chocolate of any kind, chips, and soda pop mixed with a good discussion of Star Wars, Star Trek, and other Sci-Fi shows around the dinner table with friends.

Typing up a big post right now.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well Bardan I do a two step process for some posts, and that specifically. I wrote it out once in an outline on paper, and then typed it up to post here. When I type it up more and more detail and odd things come into my mind and can completely change the post. For instance my outline has it being a hidden vault raid and automated defences. I ended up with treasure hunters of the geod variaty. So a lot changes and I couldn't remember all my quirks and twists that I had written yesterday when I lost it today. Thus, not as good :( So now you know bucce head :p

Unfortunately I am currently the only person I know here who knows enough of Star Wars, Star Trek, and the odd Sci-Fi shows to keep a discussion going. All of my friends see it as an odd curiosity but nothing more, and some outright dislike the whole genre so [face_dunno] Also, I only like two kinds of soda, have neither, out of chocolate and out of the soda pop as well. I shall instead watch episodes of B5! That should top me off :D

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes, B5...BEST SHOW EVER. :D Mitth, I finally got the B5 movies! I'm currently on Third Space.

I also heard a serious rumor that there may be another Firefly movie; rumor says that the director and lead Captain character have been talking seriously about it. Last information I heard.

So, I finally got that post up. Oh ya know, nothing like not doing my college homework and working on fun Star Wars stuff instead, right? [face_whistling]

With that said, the next post or two with Lasso should get everyone that IC example of what the PMs I'm asking for will do.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's a shame Mitth, because it's really heating up between Fress and Havah and the dude is messing with fire when it comes to Fress's feelings towards sleeping while behind the stick. She doesn't take that lightly.

B5 show? Never heard of it.

I already know how to answer the first two questions, but the third one, not too sure on it.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So Falcon brought to my attention that I messed up on something. The SOJ is 20 minutes out mirco jump from everybody. Stakes posted 10 minutes today. Just know that Stakes won't leave without you guys...he's just venting with frustration. :p

B5 = AWESOMENESS...[cough]...or Babylon 5.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember there were a couple of star trek series my sister and I watched, voyager was one and the next generation. Didn't care for Babylon 5 too much though.