main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, like Coffee said, we are back. I am not officially back into my GM role yet, so still assume Sith is in charge, etc. I have some work material to get ready for work tomorrow before I check the boards. The weekend went great too.

With that said, I'm in the elevator with no other but my favorite Star Wars author, Timothy Zahn. We have a short conversation (I didn't get a photo,I regret that) and he was very nice, polite, and a gentlemen; I told him his work was great and I'm a huge fan. I shook his hand...yes, I'm never washing my hand again. :p With that said, Zahn dropped a bomb shell regarding the Expanding Universe in the elevator I think is worth hearing:

• A freeze has been put on any, at least for him, books for the Expanded Universe beyond Return of the Jedi.
    • When I asked him why (see bullet above), he simply said that with Walt Disney taking over LucasFilm, no one (I'm assuming he means the other SW authors) knows what will happen with the EU and was frank in saying that Walt Disney may completely do away with the EU in light of the new SW movies coming out in 2015.
    • He (Zahn) also said that he wants to do a book(s) that explores Grand Admiral Thrawn on a deeper level (as he did with Mara Jade I assume), but until Walt Disney lifts the author EU ban, there is nothing he can do.

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    does not like do we as Star Wars fan have to ban together to flood Walt Disney....

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Mm. That is interesting. Now GL has been pretty easy-going as to fans doing their own SW fic and RP; could there be a risk of Disney being less friendly about the idea?

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    nooooooooooooooooooooooo

holds onto her eu books tightly and cries. so glad I kept them.

Sith: On fanfiction.net there are all sorts of fanficion including Disney....

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Glad your back and sorry about the bad news wagon you had to ride on the way.

Remember though that as a 'mere' author Zahn is not let into much more information than the fans of what is happening with a company or franchise then we are, he merely has his own knowledge of what he has created and what the publicists and fact checkers will or will not let him write. At the moment I think even they are in limbo after a fashion.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, I am officially back as of tonight. So, lets get rolling again! Thank you so much to all the staff and players this weekend! You guys and gals rock! :D

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, your last post with Lando was great. Problem is...Lando wasn't in charge of Cloud City yet.Go ahead and change out Lando's name for Dominic Raynor.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    How? Edit time would have been 90 minutes. Yesterday.

Glad you liked it.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    *Shrugs* Make reference to it OOG maybe in the game thread?

I am getting over / am sick. I've used what energy I have tonight finalizing the intro page for Intervention Stories and should be able to get to tags by tomorrow night. :) I should have a "first look" at the next game's intro page up by the end of the week (Friday). My hope is that Intervention Stories will give us even greater depth for Intervention: Echoes in Eternity and will set both new and current players on a solid foundation for Eternity by giving everyone a clean slate to explore and build their characters up. Thoughts so far for Eternity?

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Waiting on Bardan and he's been super busy lately Bardan_Jusik

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I will get a post up in the next day or two regarding both Atin and Taab. ;)

[​IMG]

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I will also get a Mac response up in the next 24 hrs.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I should get a Havah response up in the next 24 hours as well.

14. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I might make another post with Maya just go more in depth of the place maybe finding some pictures unless CPL_Macja you already had idea of what the place would look like in the rock...

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My post is up. For Taab I didn't have him react to any of the "space action" going on in Sith's last tag because his attention is elsewhere at the moment. I am sure it will come as a potentially nasty surprise to them soon. I didn't tag Oochy or Krayt Dragon because the actions aboard the Luck's Gamble really didn't affect them, hope that's cool with y'all.

For Atin, I tagged you Mitth_Fisto, but left it open as to where your character is aboard the Crusader. That way you can have him in the cockpit, the lounge, gun turret or where ever you needed for him. I figured that post got us through the asteroid field but still gave everyone a chance to react to it and set us up for actually doing some recruiting. Whitelight, I didn't tag you there yet because we are in process of landing, I am sure whoever moves us next will get us in position to meet your character.

Hope this all meets with your approval Bravo. If not let me know what I need to change.

[​IMG]

Whitelight likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    it's fine Bardan. The post was fine, I'm sure everyone in the cockpit was tense enough as is ;)

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I was planning to have a serving droid greet Whitelight's character in the interim, till the rest of the Smugglers Run visitors turn up.

18. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Okay Sith okay I'm working with Bravo right now with pictures of the place what its lay out is. :)

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Pictures approved. :) Go ahead and post Sith and Whitelight.

Whitelight likes this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Err, what pictures?

Like me, Yavscout is likely to be wary about letting a 15-year old kid - Atin, basically - do some things that the grown-ups do, more so than other Mercs, but I am very surprised that every character involved in the Smugglers Run visit just let him fly into an asteroid field with no reaction at all.

Princess Leia was ansty about even Han Solo doing it.

None of us thought to say, "Hey Atin, you hang about out here. We'll go in and be meet you out here in a couple hours."

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Oh, Whitelight PMed me photos to use Sith. And I approved them. She wants to use them in her next post.

22. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Sith-I-5 Bravo My post is up enjoy, did add a couple of extra pictures one of her AKK dog and of her tag along :)

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Is the bottom picture what Maya looks like?

I like the image of the bar / cantina interior

24. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    no its of her AKK dog

what Maya looks like is in her profile I think I have her in her smuggler out fit not her AKK armor...

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow. Looks human.