main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey Bravo! get some rest Bro. That's like over 12 hrs of labor! Egads!! :eek:

And welcome back Dreamstar! [face_dancing]

I enjoyed your post and was inspired to do a 'response' post as Captain Raditz, but for some strange reason my internet access kept dropping and taking its sweet time to come back, so now I only have time to post here. [face_frustrated]
    C'est la vie. Hopefully I have time to post tomorrow since it also concerns Helljumper and I'd like to keep the momentum going. Btw, say hello to Master_Ponta! :)

Lukes_Apprentice: The post looks good, now I'm curious as to what happens next. Good job! =D= :-B

Oh, well. Time to hit the hay ( Gee, already?) [face_not_talking]

Hi-ho, hi-ho, is off to work I go!! ( whistles tune)

See ya'll later!

[face_peace] I-)

2. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I hoped to get a post up today but I need some more research and time guys I've really started developing my characters [face_laugh].

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bravo: That was positively the funniest thing I've seen in months!! I couldn't stop laughing!! I was like...wait! I have some of that stuff!! [face_laugh] :p

Thanks for the laffs brother. [face_peace]

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I was surprised to see JavaScript in there; is knowledge of that, really that common?

Welcome back, DREAMSTAR! Nice Garth post to return with.

Mitth, when I saw Havah grab a handful of stims to save Winterkill, the first two words that came to mind - Home Run. Great idea, man.

Nice post, Bravo, attacking the Bothan and dragging him into the ceiling. Kind of wish my characters were there, and of course I want to send rescuers.

From my end (eg. Yav'), fragging Vader is coming!!! [face_worried]

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    DREAMSTAR and M_P coming back is great! :cool:

Thanks Sith. :D I was really excited to write that.

Here's some more stuff on YouTube:

YouTube - Things You Can't Do...as a Stormtrooper Ep 1

YouTube - Ask A Ninja - The Truth About Darth Vader

So I've been at the dealership...all morning! [face_beatup] This is took way longer then expected. Yay! It just got done. :p

On a side note, please keep praying for the money problem on my end. God is still providing for my needs, but the money situation hasn't changed in the last month and a half either. Its tight...really tight. But God IS GOOD! :D

7. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Brovo the Al Yankovic video is hilarious I've seen it but it still is still great.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Been working with potential Merc Codes for how screwed we are on the Strident Haze

My two favourites are

"All units, the soap has been dropped in in the prison shower, I repeat, the soap has been dropped in in the prison shower!"

and

Blackadder's Bury me in a Y-shaped coffin

also, some vague reference to hobbling.

9. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Hey guys letting you know if my post are very slow, Its because RL stuff. With not only my grandma pasting on this past Sunday but also with some more health issues. Please just keep me in your all prayers. I will keep you updated with my health as it is we are waiting for the MRI of my brain to come back.

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Wow whitelight [face_worried][face_praying]. In other new another post is up on Go'tica's history it took seven hours to write, I hope you guys like it.

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Whitelight: Our prayers are with you. Here's hoping for a clean bill of health.

Lukes_Apprentice: Seven hours!? Now that's what I call dedication. I'll go check that out a.s.a.p.

Sith-I-5: Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder was pure unadulterated genius. I never laughed so hard in my life. Loved that show! =D=

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I think life hates me. [face_plain] Posting may be diffucult for me the next few days all. Sorry. :(

Greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto have authority, as usual, to act in my place in any and all matters. There word is my word. Sith-I-5 has permission to post for my characters in active tags as needed.

13. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Just thought I'd drop a note and let folks know it will be at least Sunday before I can get something posted.
    On a side note I've got to pack test tomorrow for my Wildland Firefighting... a wish of luck and a prayer on my behalf would do me great right about now.

Thanks guys

14. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006

My wifes cousin does that in California, and he loves his job. Best of luck to you. [face_peace]

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    No worries Bravo, take care of business, we got you covered. Hang in there bro.

Helljumper: Best of luck my friend! Gambate!! [face_praying]

Dinkus_Mayhem: Long time no see! Hope all is well and hope to see more of you good sir. ;)
    ( Did you get your black belt yet?)O:) :p

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Grey', that was a bul-linder of a post! Even though I have posts I need to get up before I cycle round to answering Sodalis, I just want to answer it now... I know I am in the presence of a great player; she just exudes emotion and realism.
    =D=

Whitelight and Helljumper, best of luck to you both.

Dinkus_Mayhem, hello. There is a Classical Martial Arts thread?

Bravo, don't worry about us. We have your back. That said, I don't plan to post for Vader; happy to leave that for the maestro.
    :p

17. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Darn right there is. :-B Though not much discussion going on in there. :(

It has been a long time. I hope you are well. :)

I did get my black belt (in Tae Kwon Do), on June 18th. I should also be getting my black belt in Kumdo this fall. :D

18. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Well done Dinkus! and gratz!! =D=

Master_Ponta, DREAMSTAR! so good to see you both! you've been missed! and as usual, awesome posts! Love the Gorlech Movie! ;)

And now I see why Garth Ohmsford has earned his reputation. Well played. :)

BTW: Spoke to Bravo for a sec. He said he could post by Sunday the earliest, but wasn't 100% certain at the time. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, everyone, for your support, both in and out of game. :)

All the best.

grey [face_peace]

20. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Thank you guys, for the warm welcomes

It's good to be back :D

21. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Thanks guys.

I will try and get something up tomorrow if not by monday for sure but most likely will be Sunday real late.

Still don't have any thing back on my MRI. I had a good time and much needed weekend with the some of the women of the church.

22. DREAMSTAR

DREAMSTAR Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Well guys, good to be back. Sorry for the long absence. I hope you will forgive me for a rather taxing work schedule on occasion. I want to thank Helljumper, he's been a great babysitter, and every one in Intervention for the award. I must admit, that was a very fun post to write. Well Grey, I'd intended to put up a post this morning, but when a scout ship becomes an Imperial Star Destroyer, it does have a tendency to make one re-evaluate the sitation. :p

But not to worry, me and Helljumper think we've got it worked out. Thanks to all, I am having a lot of fun, and for those of you I haven't met yet, I hope to do so soon.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks to greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto, and Sith-I-5 for holding the fort down for me. :) I don't know if I could do it without their support and hard work. I will try extremely hard to get some posts up Sunday night (I should be able to). I am caught up on all of the reading.

So, I think its only fair that I explain what is going on with me. There was a time in my life that I felt that I needed to be strong all the time for people in the Faith (Christianity) and be that unshakable wall of support for those outside the Faith (non-Christians). And while I agree that there are times for both of those listed above, that the Lord does call us to those times of strength and brick wall, I am also seeing a deeper truth to the Holy Bible, the Gospels that proclaim the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ and the center point of our Faith, and the struggles and victories of the Early Church in Books of Acts and the Letters written by the Apostle Paul, Peter, James, and John (did I miss an Apostle?) to the churches of the Early Church. That truth can be captured in a quote from Jeff Lucas I heard at a men's retreat for the Assemblies of God back in 2009. It went like this (from my memory): "The Bible was written by real people, for real people."

In short, I'm coming to realize the same struggles I'm going through in both living life through the context of the Holy Bible and dealing with my own personal sin issues, is the same stuff the people in the Holy Bible struggled with from the Old Testament to the New Testament. I know that statement may sound cliche, but once you've lived it, you can identify with it. So, in conclusion, while the Lord does call us to those times of being strong for others in the Faith and being a sturdy wall of support for those outside the Faith, He also calls us to times of weakness and need of support from others. In short, to be real with others. Well, here's my "real" side (see below).

Since January 2011, I've struggled to pay the bills; I've been hoping that once summer came around, hours would pick up at my primary job and I could stop using my savings account. That never happened. Until May, I survived off of my savings. Well, savings is gone. I didn't know how deep of a hole I was in until May. Since May, I've paid the bills but have come short with fuel and food. This is old news for most people here. Now, here's the kicker.

The kicker is this. For the last almost three months, I've been going back to the gym. The only time to go is early morning hours with my buddy who is blind. We lift together...its our hang out time as well. I'm up anywhere between 4:15am and 4:45am and go to the gym with my buddy (after picking him up) from 5:25am to 6:45am. We do this Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. I go to the gym Wednesday afternoons after work for cardio. Now, add a 5 to 6 day work week with two part time jobs. I work Tuesday night at my primary job closing shift, do the truck Wednesday morning at 7:00am for the same job, then work a double (8am to 8pm) between both jobs Thursday. I have math homework and tutoring due by Friday afternoon by 2pm and work again Friday night at my primary job, closing shift. Saturday is a toss up if I work or not at my primary job (I have worked the last three weeks) and Sunday morning I pick a buddy up for church at 5am and we start work at the church by 6am until 12:30pm. Monday is my only day off.

Now, the picture becomes clear. I wake up super early and work closing shifts at work. So, when do I sleep? That's the kicker, I'll get three to four hours of sleep (and some times less) every night. I try to get naps in Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon. And then you have to add on Game Mastering for Intervention, that takes at least two to three hours every time I log on (between PMs, management stuff for the game, reading posts, and posting). While I have tried to get better hours at my primary job to make the money problem go away, it hasn't worked. And I'm stuck working the closing shift at the moment. And I have everybody and their mother looking for jobs for

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    (at best, I could save an additional $60 dollars a month if I got rid of the internet and gym, but would ruin that savings by driving to the library to use the internet

Bravo, we're in different countries, different infrastructure, so I don't know if there is a direct equvalent.

My home internet is via a wireless dongle (looks like a USB memory key, but contains a cellphone SIM card) that taps into the 3 cellphone network. It cost me twenty-five pounds initially to buy the dongle and software, and ten pounds to get one gig of broadband, which runs out after thirty days, or sooner if I spend several hours on Youtube.

In the long run, and if that option is available to you, that could save you on the monthly internet bills.
    Go to an electronics, computer, or office stationery store, and give that description to the store worker.

25. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Sith: nice post hilarious as always

Greyjedi: =D=

Bravo: [face_thinking] Not sure what you can do but something will come up I'm sure of it with the lords help

Continuation post up. I don't want to not post the ending so double or triple posts to the end [face_chicken] about getting to the end and the horrible post I have there. I really like these characters dang it.