main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    First details & pics (those that work)

Clickie!

Love the split-screen action in pic 11. Can the Forest Moon really look THAT good in action?! Seems we'll be getting some nice ground based missions this time.

:) :D

2. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    That looks great man I pumped.

3. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Now I really have to go buy a Gamecube!

4. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    like you dont for Zelda?

5. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, or Metroid? Don't forget that Mario Kart: Double Dash is on the way too!

6. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Well you see I have always debated getting one for Rogue Squadron 2 and now 3 is coming out so I definately have a much fuller pro side to getting one!

7. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Just a little PSA:

Based on word from retailers, the three consoles (PS2, XBOX, GameCube) will drop in price by $50 each by the middle-to-end of May. This will set the PS2 and XBOX at $149 and $99 for the GameCube. So, if you're planning to buy one of the above, wait a few weeks and see what happens, or buy it somewhere that will refund the difference if it does drop. :)

8. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    If that does happen, you think Nintendo will keep on with their free game deal? I mean, technically, it's like the GC is already $99 with a "free" $50 game. I think Billy's right, the time to buy one would be right before a price drop and use one of those price guarantees. That way, you could think you got it for $49 and a great game. :)

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Clickie again for a 2-minute preview of the game. Very cool looking. Although, it looks like Factor 5 got confused and made Yoda the Emperor...

10. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Take a little look at what you can get when you preorder (from IGN):

August 01, 2003 - Publisher LucasArts Entertainment today confirmed reports that those who pre-order Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike would receive an extra bonus disc with special features and demos on it.
    The Bonus disc will include all of the following, according to LucasArts:

• A one-level demo of Hoth from Rebel Strike

• A playable demo of the gladiator-RPG Gladius

• A Rogue Leader demo

• A Rogue Leader trailer

• And best of all, the entire 1982 arcade game Star Wars in fully emulated glory

• Other bonus material

Contrary to erroneous retailer reports, the demo disc offer will be available a decent span of time ahead of the completed Rebel Strike release.

Producer Brett Tosti of LucasArts noted, "Consumers who preorder Rebel Strike will receive a free demo disc that contains the playable Hoth level, the Star Wars coin-op game, and other bonus material."

There has also been some inquiry into exactly why Factor 5 and LucasArts decided to include the old Atari arcade game on the preorder disc. Factor 5's director and CEO, Julian Eggebrecht had this to say: "We wanted to give gamers another taste of the classic Star Wars experience. Plus, I think the game is still a blast."

Factor 5 demoed the emulated 1982 Star Wars game running on GameCube to IGNcube a couple of weeks ago and it looked perfect. No doubt, Star Wars fanatics are in for a treat.

Just HOLY CRAP! I've spent more time of my life playing that game than I did in college! At least more attention was paid to it. I can't wait for this preorder.

11. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I definately will be pre-order my copy of Rebel Strike!

Woo-Hoo Free Stuff!

12. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I just pre-ordered mine from EB games here in Fayetteville! Woo-hoo!
    That demo disk was the clincher for me.

13. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Did you go home with the demo disc already? I heard that the actual pre-order campaign wouldn't begin till the first week of september. If I can get my hands on that for the weekend, I sure would like to know.

BTW, welcome to the board! :)

14. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh, sorry for the confusion.
    No, I did not get the demo disk already, won't be here till Sep. 3rd.
    I just meant that the demo disk is what prompted me to pre-order the game. Normally I just wait till it's out.
    Thanks for the welcome, I've roving this board for a while contimplating on joining the club. But while Fayetteville, Ar, isn't that far, it's not that close either.

15. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Ah, no problem. I'm just glad I'm not missing out on anything yet :) I'm not sure how many of the other members actually read this thread so you may want to introduce yourself more formally to get the warm welcome that you most certainly deserve. Besides, these people live for that sort of thing. I just pray your name isn't Mike...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.