main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogues......

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Help me out here cause im just starting the books but whos alive from the origanal rogues?I mean not the origanals like luke wedge and hobbie but like corran and those dudes?

edited because chissdude10 can't spell rogues right.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ooryl, Lujayne I think, Plourr's still probablys alive...I dunno, Tycho...by original do you mean from MAS's books?

By the way, they are the Rogues. In France, at one point, they were the Rouges, but that was long ago.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    better than lipstick squadron :)

Wedge, Tycho, Corran and Gavin definately are. Ooryl was, presume still

4. BaronReno

BaronReno Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Let's see....how much do I remember......

Corran's alive and kicking as a Jedi...Gavin is leading Rogue Squadron....I'm assuming Nawara Ven is still on the Errant Venture (he was during the Thrawn Duology)...I would guess Ooryl is alive...i don't see Bror Jace getting vaped.....

Speaking of Jace...how long do you think before the Yuuzhan Vong go after Thyferra? Now that's a planet the NR MUST defend, or else their bacta supply is gone, and their war is going to end pretty quick. And if they do have a story about Thyferra, it better have Bror Jace and his cheesy hawaiin type shirt and shorts (heh, Bror dresses like me...he rocks).

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I seem to remember Lah saying they would...It would be a good target though.

6. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I want Tyferria back, definately.

Thinking of X-Wing characters, dont you think Cherris should return? She is only 25ish, and was going for Piloting. Maybe in Rebel Dream? :)

Suddenly, Rebel Dream becomes Fett's Dream Novel :)

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Edited for not spelling right, well thanx for clearing that up DL.

8. BaronReno

Oct 15, 2001
    Fett, considering Allston is at the helm, I expect a lot of his characters to show up (Wraiths, Cheriss, etc..).

I have really high hopes for that novel. So far Allston is 4-4, and that's a great rate. I don't expect him to drop the ball with the Enemy Lines duology.

And speaking of duologys.......does anyone know why Del Rey has a Duology fettish? It's a mystery that has evaded scientists for decades.......

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    wats Fettish?

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    its a bit like me :)

They do like their duologies though :)

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Wedge, Janson, Hobbie, Tycho, Gavin, Inyri, Corran and Nawara are confirmed to be alive. Ooryl, Rhysati, Plourr, Nrin, Asyr and Myn are questionable, but they are probably alive too.

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Oorly(probly spelled wrong) is my favorite.

13. BaronReno

Oct 15, 2001
    Well, it's pretty much a safe bet that Asyr is alive, since she was going to be in Stacky's second book, Seige (i hate del rey...). Why'd the have to go and cancel it...

And to answer your question, a fetish is:

3 : FIXATION

We had the Dark Tide Duology, the Agents of Chaose Duology, the Edge of Victory Duology, and now the Enemy Lines Duology (and odds are Del Rey will cancel one of the books in the Force Heretic trilogy, turning it into a duology like they did for Stacky).

So what is up with all the duologies? They just too cheap to go for trilogies, or is it some kind of evil plot on Del Rey's part?

14. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    evil conspiracy, definately

15. BaronReno

Oct 15, 2001
    Del Rey starts and begins with eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    btw, lujayne is very much dead

17. Olmahk_DeathCommando

Olmahk_DeathCommando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2001
    Bror Jace was presumably shot down and killed at the end of the first book. It doesnt really describe the battle, but from the stand point of Rogue Squadron, he is dead, killed as he returned home to Thyferra. (I have only read the first two books, so maybe he comes back. I think there is a hint that the Imperials captured him instead of killing him, but not sure...)

18. BaronReno

Oct 15, 2001
    btw, lujayne is very much dead>>

I don't know.....EU has this annoying knack of bringing people back from the dead. Well....Bantam does. I hope Del Rey is different. But then, Del Rey is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

19. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm pretty sure she's decomposing nicely about now.
    Do you think we will see Myn and Lara Notsil in Allston's books?
    I hope so.

20. BaronReno

Oct 15, 2001
    You cannot kill the glory that is Bror Jace! He has shorts and haiwaiin style shirts! People like that can't die....they're inVINcible!

Well, he could.....if he was shot....or stabbed....or run over by a truck.....or blown up in a fighter....wow....i guess Bror ISN'T inVINcible..........

Oh no, if he isn't, neither am I! I gotta cancel that skydiving lesson! I could die or something!

21. yoda_does_dallas

yoda_does_dallas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    Bror is very much alive, he faked his death. this is very old so I guess it´s not a spoiler.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Any book that has been out for a month or more is not a spoiler. So yes, Bror did not die in any of the X-wing novels.

23. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Hey, don't forget Luke!

Okey, poor joke :p

Edit: Sorry, you are talking about the Rogues in the novels. Move alone, move alone.

But Wes and Hobbie were not back to Rogue before Isard's Revenge, and Myn was still the leader of Talon Squadron at that time....

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Alive when? In the NJO or through out the X-Wing series. And do you mean just the Rogues in the X-wing series or from the Rogue Squadron comics as well.

25. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Hey, wasn't Lujayne stabbed or shot or something while sleeping? It would be pretty hard to come back to life from that kind of wound.

P.S. What's a fetish, hahahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.