main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq ROTS DVD Events

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    My walmart is always game in having the group come down for any SW related event. Food/drink provided as well. Mgt already asked us to come back during the last DVD release.

Just let me know what you all decide on at this Sundays meeting. I'm working 10-7 that day so I wont be able to make the meeting. Most meetings for that matter. Im not gonna beg, but you all know that the group is always welcomed at store #835.

We could do the release thing during the day or evening.

I game in doing the Hastings release on the Westside. I dont live too far.

2. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    thanks for the invite Jason! I would guess we could probably do something even maybe on the weekend following the release??

3. DarthJen91

DarthJen91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    Ok guys, as Bob stated, I had asked him if we would be interested in trooping at the store in Rio Rancho. I realize that it's not as big as the store at Coors and Montano, but I think we can pull in a pretty big crowd at this store. For the Harry Potter event, we pulled in over 300 people. We've started planning the event at the store and we're looking into doing several things. We are going to try and get a big screen tv and hook up an Xbox or PS2 with either Battlefront (since Battlefront 2 is coming out the same evening), or the ROTS game. If we get enough people interested we may have a tourney with either duels on the ROTS or the VS mode of battlefront. We will have trivia, and pizzas, and other games. We also have planned to make Darth Vader and R2-D2 cakes. I have spoken to the store manager and we will get some adversting done. She said that if we wanted to take pictures for donations with the proceeds going to charity she was cool with that. Of course thats all dependent upon where we decide to troop. If we do decide to troop at the Rio Ranco store and you have any other ideas of what we can do let me know and I'll what we can set up.

If you all would like to try and troop at another Hastings, I can put you in touch with any of the other store managers. I have worked with all of them at one time or another and know them fairly well. I can't speak for what they have planned for the release though. I am partial to the Rio Rancho store but I'm sure we will have fun wherever we decide to go. :)

If you have any questions about the Rio Rancho store and the plans for the release let me know. PM me or I should be at bowling Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make the meeting as I have to work Sunday. I will definitely be off by 3 pm for bowling.

Jen

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    That sounds good to me. I'm trooping at the Hastings in Rio Rancho. It sounds like they have some fun stuff going on that night!

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Thanks for the update, Jen! See, that's one reason why I'm wondering if we should try another Hastings. Because those activities sound like fun!

6. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Sounds good to me. While you are trooping, I'll be playing video games!

7. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.