main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ROTS] How Spoiled Were You Going In?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Hey, gang! Its our very first [ROTS] thread!

Before you get too excited, I first must warn you that from my post onwards ANY information from Revenge of the Sith is allowed. Please only continue beyond my initial post if you have already seen the film.

Obviously, we've all tried our best to stay spoiler-free over the past three years. To be honest with you, I feel as though I know a lot less now than I did prior to going into Attack of the Clones. What the heck do I know, though, I haven't seen the movie yet! :p

I'll let you guys know how spoiled I was after I see the film, and I hope you do the same. I am hoping that this thread will prove to be a very interesting read. I can't wait! :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    revenge of the wind!

I will now leave a HUGE Spoiler-space, in hopes that none of you will see the spoilers that may follow if you don't want to.

Don't scroll down unless you've seen the movie!

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    TOO SPOILED. Hyperspace killed me. I am quite angry, to be honest. I knew the beginning, middle, and end of the story. I knew when people were going to die. I did not know plot points, I didn't know how he turned, but I knew enough.

Damn Hyperspace. Stupid addiction I could not quit.

P.S. Dooku gets beheaded and Anakin turns because of Padme by chopping Mace's hand off and then later he chokes Padme. OH MY!! I JUST POSTED MAJOR SPOILERS IN THE NSA!! I JUST HAD TO DO IT!! I FEEL EVIL!!!

I just wanted to be the first to post officially sanctioned spoilers in this sacred place. I have now officially de-flowered this forum...

3. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    I was almost completely HCSF. Except for hearing about these scenes:

Clicked on TFN to see a confirmation on the planet Kashyyk, and that Chewie was in it.
    I knew that a fight would happen between Obi-Wan and GG from reading a 3NS thread.
    I knew that a confrontation would occur with Palpatine and 4 Jedi from a 3NS thread.
    Saw GG in Clone Wars chapter 20.
    Clicked on a picture of Sidious with a lightsaber.

Those were the big ones for me. I didn't know how any of it played out and I had not seen any trailers or commercials. I think I did better than most because the whole movie felt like a 2 1/4 hour trailer!

4. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    What an awesome idea for a thread. Who came up with this :p

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I can already answer: COMPLETELY spoiled.
    Even the fact that Anakin brutally kills younglings.
    An easier post for me afterwards would be what didn't I know? :p
    I feel so... dirty posting nasty things here! lol

6. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I feel like I knew the basics, but not the specifics.
    I have hyperspace, I had seen the trailers and TV ads, and I watched the carton once, but I was still so surprised so many times, I dont feel like I was spoiled.
    Maybe a little, but the more I watch the movie, the more it'll all blend together.

My biggest shock, and a HUUUUUUUGE spoiler:

Obi-Wan cuts Anakins legs off.
    [face_plain] couldnt frickin believe it.
    (oh yeah, his other arm too.)
    I almost ruined that one for myself when flipping through a magazine. I saw the pic of him laying there, and a close up on his (lack of) legs. I quickly cloed the book, but I began to wonder about the nature of the injury. It looked clean. But there was lava in the picture and the stumps also look burned. Made sense considering the whole lava thing.
    Thank god I didnt figure it out then. I thought the lava had burned them off or something.
    That was a close one.

Wow. Spoilers in the non-spoiler forum.

LOL That does feel dirty!

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Teaser and trailer.

Listened to the music, but not the track titles.

And I'm still wondering if that was too much.

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Teasers and Trailers.

9. TheUnknownSyn

TheUnknownSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    Teaser, Trailers, every ad, and the various clips from TV shows (also the C3 7 minute clip), plus minor hints from various boards. Not too bad. I still enjoyed RotS 100%.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm as spoiled as one can be going in... I read the book, the script, watched all the clips from the game, read nearly ever spoiler as it came out...

And I still don't know what the hell is gonna happen. :p

11. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I felt spoiled, but seeing the film made me realize that I actually wasn't. I didn't know who was going to kill who and when. I had my suspicions and I got some right. I had seen a picture of Anakin without his legs and arm, but I always figured, just as arrowheadpodracer, the lava had burnt him. The rest of what I knew, is from seeing the trailer and some of the TV ads. But I had misunderstood even some of those things.

12. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    HOW HAVE PEOPLE EVEN SEEN IT?!?!? It comes out TONIGHT at midnight. What the heck? I just got an extra midnight ticket from my friend and him and his group is waiting second in line since they were there since 7am this morning. What the heck? I am going tonight for the first time. I am so confused.

13. TheUnknownSyn

TheUnknownSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    Ever heard of time zones? :p
    Plus some countries (like mine) already have showings on the 18th.

14. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I thought I was pretty spoiled. I knew the general idea (Anakin falls because he wants to save padme, the space battle, yoda goes to kashyyk, obi-wan goes to fight GG), but very few specifics. That is why ultimately, I feel that i was not spoiled at all. For this movie it is not at all about what happens- we all knew since 1980 what would happen, that Anakin would fall and all the jedi would be killed - but how, which GL pulled off like a true master.

Mr. P

15. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I knew a fair amount about the movie, but was also surprised by a lot of it. A few things I wish I had avoided learning about:

-I knew that Palpatine was disfigured by Mace deflecting lightning at him.
    -I knew that Obi-Wan killed Grievous with a blaster.
    -I knew about the younglings being killed.

It would have been nice if these could have come as surprises to me, but the stuff I did know hardly ruined my experience.

16. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I knew that Padme would die in this film from clicking on a link in the costuming forum to what I would call her "Ophelia" dress becuase it reminds me of the painting. Up to then I honestly did not think she would.

As far as big spoilers go, I think that was about it.

17. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    - I saw Gen. Grevious on a pop bottle (immediately quit looking, but I wouldn't have put the name and face together otherwise :p ).

- I knew Kashyyk would be in it.

- I think there was something else I knew, but the brain just shut down... :p

So, I feel pretty good... :D

18. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I was more spoiled than I would have liked. The opening battle was all new, but with all the commercials and such I knew a lot more than I wanted to. Still, some nice surprises.

19. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    0 i knew nothing, i saw a 2 sec clip of chewy on comercial. thats it.
    general G, damn mountain dew bottle.

Only 1 mountain dew bottle per minute is allowed.

20. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    I worked hard to remain spoiler free for this one, although I did watch the initial trailers and saw a number of stills...

During the past couple of months I inadvertently discovered a number of plot details, and believed myself to be somewhat spoiled... However, it turns out that I knew very little, and some of the details I thought I knew turned out to be wrong! :)

"Thanks" to everyone here for helping to keep me in the dark, and make the experience all the better!

21. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    The only thing that was told to me that I had considered a spoiler at the time was how Padme died and that she was force choked by Anakin.

I don't consider seeing all the TV spots and trailers as a way of being spoiled.

22. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    I thought I was spoiled by the trailers, because they showed Yoda fight Sidious in the Senate. I didn't understand how that fight could take place in front of all those Senators without it being obvious that Palpatine was a Sith lord.

In retrospect, it seems kind of stupid, but how was I to know that they'd be the only ones there??

I had had doubts about the transition from a galaxy full of Jedi, where everyone knows about the Force, to a place where Vader is considered to be the last of a dying religion and the public at large never realizes that the Emperor is also a Sith. But the way that situation was handled in ROTS was perfect. :)

23. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Well lets see: I knew that Dooku would be killed by Anakin.. with the scissor beheading, I knew about Anakin's dream and that he would get points of view from Yoda and Palpatine, I knew Grievous had 4 arms and that he would be shot with a blaster, I knew that Anakin would interfere with the Mace fight and Palps would zap him, I knew that Obi-wan was going to stow away on Padme's ship, I knew that Anakin was going to choke Padme and I knew that she would die after giving birth to Leia, and I knew that "oh no" was the last line in the film

So how's that?

24. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    dubble post

25. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    I knew what was going to happen with Anakin at the lavaplanet. I knew that he would kill Padmé and that she would give birth to Luke and Leia. And stuff like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.