main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia ROTS response across Asia

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Quruli, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quruli

Quruli Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    What was the fan/viewer response towards ROTS in your city/town?
    Were there many cinema-goers at its release, or when you watched ROTS?
    How enthusiastic are your family or friends?

Tell us all about it ;D

2. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Well I went to the midnight show in one of the only 2 cinemas here. Still watching it at midnight was really cool but I think I was pretty much the only really big SW fan there. I mean it wasn't like in other parts of the world where there were like line parties n stuff like that. No one got dressed up or did anything exciting. Sigh. I've sort of kept my SW obsessiveness to myself...So none of my friends really know how much I love it but oh well. All my friends really liked the film and we all cried, though I have to say I definitely shed the most tears!
    One thing about seeing the film here though was that there were stupid malay and chinese subtitles that kept getting in the way! Very annoying!
    How was it elsewhere?

3. Quruli

Quruli Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    My brother and I went to a ROTS show (a day after its midnight release on the 18th) at 11pm on the 19th and we were the only ones there ;_;!

We arrived 45 minutes early due to a newspaper misreading (didn't confirm the timing with our local cinema) but got the tickets (ahhh all the seats were = free!) and decided to buy foodstuffs from the grocery across the road. There we read 7Days and bought Polo and kept looking at the time - being a bit jumpy about when the film would start.

When there were 5 mins left to go, we arrived in the hallway and there was... nobody there. No one. No crowds, no merchandise being sold. Zip. A complete breeze compared to the queues outside cinemas in major cities across the U.S. and the fans waiting outside in camping tents adorned with their favorite accessories and characters.

As the cameras began to roll, two middle-aged men arrived and sat a few seats infront of us. My brother and I were at the back, whispering loudly and clapping at all the exciting battle scenes but otherwise, the cinema, which was squeezed up (teenyweeny) and not the kind of one you would expect for a blockbuster like SW, was quiet except for the lightsaber swishes and dramatic sequences erupting from the speakers across from us.

eheh, oh wow, people weren't enthusiastic about ROTS at all, even if it was 11pm, even if it was the first day. Other than my brother and a few of his friends, the only response I would get by asking "Are you going to see ROTS?" would either be, "ROTS? What?!" or "Yuck, it's Star Wars! *roll eyes*"

But then there were two people we did know who dressed up as Jedi's and got their own pair of lightsabers when they watched the premiere! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.