main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton RPG

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    So, what's going on with this? Who/what/where/when etc.

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    ?[face_plain] Je ne c'est pas.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    The RPG... who's still into it? where will we meet and when? etc

4. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm in. My schedule is a little tighter this semester, but yeah, I'm in. :D

5. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    It seems most interested parties are available Sunday nights. Is this true?

If so, in order to properly be able to plan, I'd like to make a regular night (ie. lots and lots of notice). Also, with our busy schedules, more than once a month is being a bit crazy.

Therefore, I propose making it the last Sunday of every month.

To start, I can GM. In the future (once I've gone through a story arc or two), if others have ideas for campaigns and want to give GM'ing a shot, I'd love it.

I barely EVER get to (*gosh*) be a player. ;)

6. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh...another thing.

Where?

I don't really have the room to host games.

Also, preferably it's a place that doesn't have little kitties (the GM's allergic). If there is no other choice--that's fine, I'll just buy lots of drugs.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Get lots for me :D

Anyways, as for a place to play I'd host but I don't think many people would be willing to come out here. I could provide rides to the mall if I could borrow the van (doubtful) and it holds five people. If we get hard up for a place to play then I can try and get the van.

8. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    For some reason, the University comes to mind. If nothing else, there is plenty of table space in CAB or SUB which is open until around 10-Midnight.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Does that work for all parties? I could make it down there (where abouts on campus is it?) once a month by bus

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Fairly close to the bus depot and LRT. (About the middle of campus) Actually, there are maps in the white pages (Telus phone book). On the map, they are buildings 51 and 66. Other alternatives include HUB mall which is open until midnight.

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm okay with acting weird in a group ;)

Depends what the masses say

12. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Funny: I didn't think of the U of A. I'm sure that would work fine. The game would require a decent amount of table space...although the comfy chairs in either place would sure be nice. I suppose the chairs and coffee tables would be good.

Do many people hang out there on Sunday nights (ie. would it be okay if we were a little loud)? How late are the food/drink places open?

...and I'd want to check the bus routes on a Sunday night...

13. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Not too many people hang out there on Sunday nights, and depending on where we go will depend on how loud we can be. Basement of CAB for example, has some large tables and is a cafeteria, so noise is expected...
    Also, the #4 (to WEM/Capilano) and the #6 (to Southgate/Millgate) run 24-7...

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Buses won't be an issue for me by next month. I'd be willing to shuttle a few folk from the mall and back then.

15. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    *IMPORTANT*

If you want to play in the RPG this Sunday, PM me. If I don't get a PM from you, then you can't join in the game on Sunday.

Before you call me a savage Imperial, here's my reasons:

1) Storytelling types of games like this one do not lend well to "drop-in" players. My games are especially resistant to drop-ins because I try to tailor my games to the specific characters.

2) I may have individual instructions for you. This may require some pre-game work on your part. If you show up to the game without having done this preparation, it holds up everyone else as it has to be done during (our already preciously short) game time.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

16. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    What time is the game on Sunday?

Is there going to be an actual game, or is it going to a review and creation of characters for those who haven't done so yet?

Indy

17. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Depends on how many of those Private Messages I get. I will try to get everyone organized before the game, if possible.

If everyone that wants to play PMs me, then I can get everyone ready for an actual game on Sunday. It would truly suck if we only got together once a month and had to work through logistics without actually gaming. That's why I want people to PM me, so I can get them together quicker. The early I get those PMs, the more game time we'll have on Sunday.

My vote for a time is Sunday afternoon...around 1500-1600 hrs. I'm pretty flexible, though.

Oh, I may need to get a ride home after the game.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That works for me so long as we're wrapped up by ten at the latest. It'll take me a bit to get home and I hope to be in bed by midnight.

EDIT: Should I bring my last character? I still have him lying around somewhere

EDIT 2: Heh, I gotta learn to READ. I'll bring the old character sheet

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Since I don't know the campus at all I was wondering if there could either be a specific place we could all meet or better yet if someone could meet me at the bus stop. I tried finding these places on the map, but unless I tear it out and bring it with me I probably won't find them

20. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, I've received a PM from Rogue Thunder. That's one player so far.

21. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
  22. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    It shouldn't be a problem meeting people at the bus stop. The main thing is, if that is the case, make sure you get off at the right bus stop. (There are more than one on campus for each route, so get off of the one infront of the LRT station/HUB mall. You can't miss it, it's where the bus sits for 5+ minutes, besides the driver will know.)

So old characters it is...

23. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am really keen on playing on Sunday, but I am not having much luck arranging a babysitter... :(

Gonna keep working at it though.

Indy

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Who else is in?

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.