main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPGs and Google Wave

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by JEDI-KILLER_17, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    First of all, I want to hear everyone's thought-sickles on how Wave is or is not a good place to play rpg's. If you have no idea what the words that are coming out of my mouth mean, try reading this and come back and socialize with the rest of us.

Second of all, a teeny little request: We have some players together, but we are looking for an experienced GM to run a game of SAGA on Wave. Some forewarning though, we're mostly total n00bs so be prepared to not only walk some new players through the game but also learn a whole new way of playing. PM me and ill let you know any details. (also there is plenty of google wave invites from me to go around so don't hesitate to ask.) /end all advertising

So, what do you guys think? interesting? not really? Have you played any rpgs online before?

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Have played online rpgs.
    Usually last a few weeks before falling apart when the enthusiasm fades.
    Longest time for any online or play-by-post RPG I've been involved with is 3 months.

Based on what I read, this might extend the life a bit, but probablly won't solve the problems.
    But I could always be wrong, so don't take my word for it. Good luck and best wishes on the endeavor. Please let us know how it goes. Or at least PM me (because if it does work, I want to know!)

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, to offer an alternative view on it . . . my longest post-by-post gmae lasted 7 years and went from e-mail to irc chat to forum . . .

It can work. But if your friends life near you, I advice taking the books, the dices and do it at home. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.