main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RU-R2? The Droid Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by tjace, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Sigh* Yes, I know. He's a cool charaacter... but IU, why were protocol droids developed when they could've just mounted translatoers onto belts or something? A lot more accurate, probably.

2. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    They're a status symbol, for royal courts like Alderaan and Naboo to show off their wealth. It's similar to the conversation Zayne, LB, and Jarael have in KOTOR #40:

LB: "What else can... slaves provide?:
    Jarael: "Simple--entertainment value."

3. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    ah... but i would prefer it if droids werent usually treated as slaves...

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    That is what the droid rebellion is for.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Neither would I. A lot of the droids are sapient beings. It's disgusting.

6. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    droid rebellion?!?:D

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Indeed. AI!courageously led by C-3PO. :D ;)

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    But it is not a rebellion for domination, but for equality. To be recognized as sapient beings deserving rights. That is what the droids need most.

9. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Equality now, domination later.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Has anyone played Lego Star Wars? That has to be the most awesome game for droids. They are all over the game and you can be them!

11. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I love Lego Star Wars. Self Destruct is my favorite upgrade.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Equality now, equality later. the 'Terminator' scenario is so cliched and boring.

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Agreed. A galaxy would be a much better place to live in if organics and mechanics coexist.
    In case of droid dominations, it would eventually come to some sort of society split if there is enough monotony (and tbh, purely logical Ai beings would embrace monotony sooner or later), a split,perhaps, between 1st and 5th degree droids (med-droids & bulk-loaders for example), and the oppressed will develop the need to stand up. Another rebellion would follow.
    In case of equality of humans&aliens and droids, that is less likely to happen and everybody is happy.

14. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    the droids are indeed fun to play as, but my favorite upgrade is probably force grapple jump.

15. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    :oops: I'm sorry for leaving this out to dry for so long! Page 4, I can't believe myself. :(

Yes, equality, not domination. I'm sure 3PO's circuits would blow if Master Luke took orders from him! :p

I've been replaying thru KOTOR recently, and for the first time I had enough repair skill to talk to HK-47 all the way. (Yes, it was hax.) I can't believe he killed every single one of his former masters! :oops: I bet that's what happened to Revan! [face_laugh]

Does anyone know how to get all of HK's parts in KOTOR II? I've beaten it twice but never found them all. [face_plain]

16. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    So what do you all think of the primitive new comlink that is being advertised as a droid?

Droid phone

This seems like a hideous insult from those humans, to me.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    We sell that thing at the Walmart I work at. Looks... odd, to say the least.

18. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    i think it's kinda like heresy.

19. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Bah, humans want things that think for themselves, and then once they have it, and it starts thinking they want it to stop thinking. Blasted Organic Flesh Bags.

20. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    I absolutely love the relationships between Artoo and Luke! It's fantastic how well they read each other and how quirky Artoo is. He always makes me smile.

I also find Threepio and Artoo's relationship to be hilarious and adorable. Those two are such peas in a pod :)

I've always been a fan of the IG-88s. "I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure." Super evil, super astral! [face_mischief]

Also! I [face_love]love Whistler! Him and Corran are almost as adorable as Luke and Artoo. I just discovered these new collectors action figures, a set of 5, and one of them is Whistler and Corran! I always get so so so excited when I see EU toys in the stores!!! [face_dancing]

p.s. This thread is far better than the other one mentioned. The opening post was very smart and well written, so kudos! Let's hope this sticks around! Ava out!

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hi, Ava. :) I like Whistler, too. I think he and Artoo are probably good buddies.

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I haven't read much about Whistler. Which books is he in?

23. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    Whistler can be found in the X-Wing Series, I,Jedi, and some of the NJO books. He's Corran Horn's astromech and he's fantastic. He's very similiar to Artoo in personality; all those quirky things evolved from too long without a memory wipe ;) They're also the same model of Astromech droid :) Altho his coloring is Silver/White/Green instead of Artoo's Silver/White/Blue .

He's also full of all kinds of special programming because he was originally a part of CorSec on Corellia.

Ava out!

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Hello, Ava! Always nice to see a new face. I like Whistler too, but he is often overlooked by the average fan despite his awesomeness. I'm jealous of your action figure set, where did you get it? I almost bought a $90 Republic Cruiser Lego set a few months back (supposed to be the Radiant VII from Episode I) just because they had a little green Whistler-like minifigure. Thanks for the compliment about the OP :D ! (although I'm not sure which other one you mean [face_thinking] )

25. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    Hey Jace:D Someone linked to another thread somewhere at the beginning of this thread saying how there was already something similar to this topic floating about, but, like I said, this one is much better!

I know exactly what lego set you're referring to! I've been wanting the downsized Millennium Falcon set that's on the shelves at the moment. It's so astral. The collection I was talking about can be found at Wal-Mart, :) It's wicked cool, so pleased to see some more EU toys. What's really awesome about the set is that each of the 5 comes with one piece that once you have the entire set it creates a battle droid :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.