main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saber Building

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I'd think it'd be a really good idea if all the members of the Cleveland Fanforce built their own sabers because it would get each of us to spend more time bonding together to get to know each other, and it would be cool to see how each of us expresses our own individual style (that is assuming all of us use unique designs). So express your comments about saber building here.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm game for it. Well considering a company online has already taken my idea, I guess it's not much of my secret idea anymore...well here goes. It would be a custom-built double bladed lightsaber, same as Darth Mauls' was. Except for one thing- it would have a mechanism in the middle that could let the user seperate the saber into twin single-bladed sabers. It used to seem a little far-fetched using 2 single sabers, but I had originally first seen it done in the original PC game Jedi Knight:Dark Forces II in which a so-called Dark Jedi lackey named Boc used 2 sabers at once in a fight. Now that Anakin Skywalker is using 2 sabers in a fight scene in Episode 2, which I found amazing, it doesn't seem that far-fetched anymore. So that is the type of saber I would like to make.

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Dang, that would take a long time... How I think of it.

I would love to build my own lightsaber, but right now, I have no money. I think I can last for now on my toy lightsaber, but I still would like to build my own. :)

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    My suggestion JarJarJedi: start a saber fund. Stash the cash away for later use, and when you've got together a good $20-$40, then start building. Either that, or you could buy supplies in shifts. Buy an item here, an item there, and you can build it over time. However, I would suggest that you make sure your endcap and your pipe size match, so you should buy those together.

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Right now all of my money is in my Celebration II fund, so I can't buy too much stuff.

Plus I have to buy the AOTC book and soundtrack when they come out. ;)

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Have to" are awful strong words. Although I'm going to be hypocritical and say that I have to see Episode II on opening day!

7. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I do!

...but everyone has to see it on opening day! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.