main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Saesee Tiin costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SaeseeJim, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    Has anyone here made a Saesee Tiin costume yet? People here seem to be more ambitious than me.

2. mooglar

mooglar Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2004
    I'm planning to make one. I have the fabric and have been doing some mockups with muslin of how I would put it together. I'm probably going to buy a Saesee Tiin mask and use it to make some molds to create some latex appliances for the head and horns and such.

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I barely know the background Jedi, but Tiin would be a neat one to see. Some point in the future I'll perhaps do a Ki-Adi Mundi, but this year's already got too many projects.

4. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    Would you be able to send me the specifications of approximately how much material is needed. and what type of material.

5. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    There is a really great shot of Master Tiin from the Episode III Visual Dictionary that is on the Padawan's guide.
    http://www.padawansguide.com/others/kolar-tiin-fisto.jpg

Good luck, a well-done Saesee Tiin costume would be a great accomplishment.

-Kyle

6. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    What race is Saesee Tiin? And his saber is blue, right?

7. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    He is Iktotchi, he is the one in my avatar display. And his lightsaber is green. I wish there was some way Master Replicas would make a replica of his saber.

8. mooglar

mooglar Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2004
    Jim:

Well, I haven't made it yet so I'm not quite sure yet. I'd say it would take less then 11 yards, because I did an Obi-Wan Episode IV (with the long skirt) with 11 yards and I'm 6'3" and about 225 lbs., so unless you're bigger than me, you'd probably be safe. I bought 14 yards, but the fabric was on sale so I bought the whole bolt.

As far as type of fabric, I'd say a dark brown cotton, linen, or cotton/linen blend would work well. Personally, if I hadn't found some good cotton fabric on sale, I think I would have gone for linen. I've seen some linen/rayon blend fabrics at Jo-Ann's that look really good and work well too.

--Mark

9. SaeseeJim

Oct 21, 2003
    alright thanks. Let me know how it turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.