main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by UluUlix, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Has anyone watched the sagas 1-6 and wondered about things such as Obi Wan in Empire telling Yoda that he(Obi) was reckless if you remember?

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Yes, I seem to remember that. I still need to watch all 6 back-to-back. Good question though. Maybe he was refering to Obi confronting Anakin? or maybe being to much of a friend to Anakin?

3. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Lets keep this tread going for any questions of the Saga. Another great question is in Episode 3, why does Captain Antilles' face have two fresh scrapes-his chin and his forehead? Who did he get in a barfight with?

4. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    I know this one! ooh ooh.

Ok first off, how is jumping into the middle of an army of battle droids in front of a four armed mechanical freak of nature armed with 3 more blades than you're holding not reckless?

Secondly, Antilles' fresh scars.

Reymus Antilles was on his way to take command of the Tantive 4 when he got trapped in the crossfire of a skirmish between several clones and Jedi attempting to escape. Two of the Jedi were the 6 yr old padawan Aliska Malii-Sin and her master Malori Vor Silla who yanked him from the path of blaster fire. Two of which grazed him without causing any serious damage.

That's how he knows Aliska and treats her as an old friend in SOTR.

Jam

5. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    OK-where did you find that information about Antilles? Did I miss this in the Adaptation for ROTS or was it somewhere else?

6. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    That's the beauty Kent. No one bothered to release anything official so I get to create it myself. Remember Aliska is my own original creation just like the stories about how the Falcon is named and the origin of bloodstripes are Jimmys ideas.

There is so much of this little stuff left to our imaginations. The fans are going to go nuts over it. Lucas may have named everything and given everything an identity but there's just so much even in front of our faces that we get to fill in the blanks.

This is exactly why Star Wars will live on forever.

7. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Do you find it funny that both Anakin and Luke form such a tight bond with R2 that they can understand the little droid?

8. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I would guess that after enough time spent with someone who speaks another "language" and you'd pick up a few things.

May be apples and oranges, but, thanks to my daughter, I've been exposed to enough Dora the Explorer that I'm remembering some basic Spanish words.

9. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Good thinking. Have you got far enough into Labrynth of Evil where Obi Wan, Anakin, R2, andsome intelligence officers are talking about something they find and the officer asks Obi Wan-Does he(Anakin) understand droids?

Obi says something to the equivalent of- at least that droid.

I just find it interesting.

10. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I'm guessing that's in the next few pages ... if you're talking about what I think you're talking about.

BTW, sorry I missed your call last night. I don't ever have my cell on me, it stays in the truck. My home number is your best bet.

11. Jedi_Twin18th

Jedi_Twin18th Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Well when Empire Strikes Back first came out that part about Obi-Wan being reckless and too old wasn't really told yet. But in the books about Obi-Wan before The Phantom Menace that explains all of it. And Obi-Wan was reckless with his lightsaber as a Padawan to start off with. Ruining 2 of them because he forgot to turn off something and it got wet. That is why in Episode I he is running from that Battle Droid on the Stap Speeder and doesn't take it on because his lightsaber would not turn on. It was a scene cut from the movie. It's in the book though.

12. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Awesome answer. He just seems boring, eventhough he killed Darth Maul and almost killed Anakin.

13. Jedi_Twin18th

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah everything with Obi-Wan is black and white, this is how it is why are you doing it that way it's not part of the jedi code. He even fought with Qui-Gon about it. But little did anyone know he was reckless at one point. Thats why he said to Yoda, ''so was I, if you remember.'' Meaning - I was reckless but look at how I turned out. I killed Darth Maul, nearly destroyed Anakin, and am the only other last remaining jedi. Yeah Obi-Wan is awesome. But I believe Qui-Gon Jin to be (chris' words) the quint essenstial Jedi. I sugguest if you have not read the Revenge of the Sith Novel you do so. Because the part where Yoda speaks to Qui-Gon explains alot about how awesome Qui-Gon Jin is. If Qui-Gon had not been killed, Anakin would not have gone to the darkside. It's as simple as that.

14. Darrin_Sith

Darrin_Sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    I really wish Goerge Lucas woulda left the dialouge scene in there between Yoda and Qui-Gon. It answered so many questions about what the Sith's role was and what they wanted (immortality) which Qui-Gon explains, "they'll never find because it is only through the path of the lightside which I have found." It shows you how powerful of Jedi Qui-Gon was and how determined he was too. He found his way to immortality without training...he had a great knowledge of the Force that Master Yoda did not even understand. And it coulda been that he had a moment to meditate on the Force before his death. (when he was trapped between the energy doors fighting Darth Maul)
    The book also explains how Sidious wants all the imformation from the archives of the Jedi Order to find the path to immortality. Makes sence.

15. Jedi_Twin18th

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah I bet there will be some new version of Revenge of the Sith with ''new scenes''.

16. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    I agree. I think the ending would have been much better and would have helped to explain all of the films, had he put that part into ROTS.

17. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I watched EP IV last night and found a few things bothersome.

I still cringe at the lethargic saber duel between Vader and Obi-Wan. It's only been 19 years. I know Lucas says it's because Obi-Wan is an old man and because Vader is a cyborg. Isn't Grievous a cyborg?

I also found it odd that Obi-Wan never called Vader Anakin. When he says "You can't win Darth," I would have preferred "You can't win Anakin."

And then just to be nitpicky: When Luke is walking with Threepio and R5-D4 and R5 goes haywire due to bad motivator, Threepio says "Excuse me sir, but that R2-D2 is in prime condition, a real bargain." Luke then calls to Uncle Owen, "What about that one?" The scene cuts to R2 and to the right of him is R5 undamaged.

Also, why wasn't the one scene on the DVD cleaned up when Han and Luke are shooting down the TEI fighters? The greenish squares around the TIEs is terrible.

18. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Well, isn't that b/c Obi-Wan no longer considers Anakin to exist. He seperates Anakin from Vader as though they are two sepreate people. To him the Anakin he knows is dead, so he refers to him now as Vader....

19. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    I was watching Empire Strikes Back last night and there are a couple of oddities. I realize that Empire was made long before the trilogy, however when Lucas updated Empire for the DVD release-he changed the dialogue between Vader and the Emperor in Chapter 25. Luke is referred to as the offspring of Anakin Skywalker. Now go back to Chapter 11 when the probe droid sends the data back to the imperial fleet-Vader comes up to the officers-looks at the sheild generators and proclaims -that's it. The rebels are there, yada, yada, yada... and I'm sure that Skywalker is with them!

OK-maybe Skywalker is a common name(in the Star Wars galaxy like Antilles or Bail) or like Smith in our galaxy. But dont you think Vader would wonder after he found out who destroyed the Death Star and that his name was Skywalker? Maybe it was like this-"Hhmm, that was my last name. The boy is about 20, but no my wife died with our child. Did mom have another kid that she forgot to tell me about? Did that stupid step brother of mine,what was his name-oh yeah Lars, maybe name a child in honor of my mother? No-it has to be coincidence that there is someone strong in the force named Skywalker." Ponders a moment. Decides to pursue the rebels and this boy named Skywalker until one day the imperials get that data from a probe droid on a remote planet-Hoth.

I see people with my same last name and I wonder if we might be related. Just weird!!!! Now, I'll go off and ponder where the other sock disappears from going into the washer, then the dryer, and when I go to fold them-there is a sock missing!!!!

20. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
  21. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003

After Rereading the book Darth Vader-Dark Lord Rising-I think Vader becomes more entrenched and he loses more and more of Anakin. What do you all think?

22. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I'll weigh in on this as soon as I finish this book. I just finished Labyrinth of Evil and I heading to Target today to pick up The Rise of Darth Vader ... and a few of those Star Wars Transformers (my two worlds have finally collided).

23. Darrin_Sith

Darrin_Sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    he already new who he was. probably wanting to keep his personal interest in Luke for himself and not letting the Emperor in on it. And when Palpatine says later that there is a new enemy the offspring of Anakin Skywalker, Vader was just re-asured what he already new. C'mon, use your imagination..it's pretty easy to figure stuff out in the movies...when u think like me you find no plot errors.

24. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    It's not about plot errors-its just questions you ask yourself and can be a fun thread.

25. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Between A New Hope and Empire-the old Marvel comics had a story where Vader was seeking info on the X wing pilot who blew up the death star. The man he found was on Yavin and left( Went AWOL) during the Battle of Yavin. That former rebel revealed to Vader the the Pilot was named Skywalker.

I believe that once Vader found out that there was a Skywalker-he knew. I am sure that he had dreams of finding Luke and that the two could overthrow Palpatine. That is what he wanted with Padme,so I could assume it to be true.

Skywalker's growth in the force would be felt by Palpatine way before Vader would have felt it. And I am sure that once Palpatine felt Luke's prescence-that he realized he could have the Sith apprentice he dreamed for and had wanted in Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.