main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Satr Wars in Asia

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Gasgano_of_Earth, Apr 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    SW gets censored in Korea?! [face_shocked]

"This is impossible!"

2. SITHLORD71

SITHLORD71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2002
    Korean comic books allow sex,violence,nudity,bad langauge, you name it.However,.....any AMERICAN,CANADAIAN ,anytype of illustrations are heavily censored.
    Rent an english movie, watch them put black dots over scenes in the videos. SW - ANH was edited, so were the others. Luckily I took TPM with me here.
    Been to nearly every major city here, all english book stores i could find. No SW comics or books to speak off. What I did find were those taken here by tourists from Japan.
    Now , they have respect for star wars in a big way.

3. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Intersting. [face_plain]

No offence to your country, but why the hell do they *do* that?! Oh and what about British films/comics/whatever? What's Koreans got againt the US and Canada? I heard Koreans hate Japanese. There's this guy in my class who gets pissed when someone uses a Japanese pen. :confused: Weird.

Back to the Chines New Yaer. Did anyone get rich? I know I did! :D :D But I didn't have time to spend it all! :_| I got about NT$3000 left. Now they are all usesless in NZ. :(

4. SITHLORD71

SITHLORD71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2002
    I have had it up to here with Korea. Heading back to canada next week.Even being 13 hours ahead of home is weird.
    The Koreans hate the Japanese because of the Japanese occupation during the Korean war. Trust me, i know the history.Makes the clone wars look like a tea party.
    But both sides treat us pretty good. Koreans are very particular about what comes and goes from their country.

5. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    It seems nobody here from China mainland. anyone?

6. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, my parents are there for vacation... :)

7. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    i live in Canada and im going to Vietnam in april do u know if u can buy the VCD of the OT there ????

8. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Kit: No idea. Maybe. OT VCD is popular here in South East Asia.

Lil: Which city your parents go to?

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
  10. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    To the Fiipinos here: Wassup, you guys!!!

So, ure in Mania also. Good. Do we have Fan Force chapters here in Manila? I havent heard of any, just tell me. Btw, I'm starting my own star Wars fanclub at Pinoyexchange. Maybe u guys would like to elp me out with that.

Hello to my fellow Asians as well. :)

11. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    hezel: I'm not sure. They are all over the place. :D

12. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    What happennd to the China mainland Forum?

13. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Lil: wow, that must be a long trip. China is big.

JM22: is there an China mainland forum? I am from China but live in Singapore now. I don't think there is a lot of us here. Star Wars is not popular in China.

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    hazel: They're only there for 2 weeks, I think. :(

And then my mom's coming back. :_|

15. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Am I too late for any discussions? :D

16. sithlord1974

sithlord1974 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Hi all !
    Greeting from SW fan in Indonesia...!

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi Sithlord1974! :)

How's the AOTC premiere preparations getting along there in Indonesia?

18. sithlord1974

May 2, 2002
    Mmmm...how do i put it...
    i'm not even sure that Indonesian theatre will show AOTC this May or in the coming months.
    I don't really know the real reason for this.
    Probably due to the fact that the film require digital projector or something like that?
    In some cases I've heard rumors that the fee is too high from the distributor, like the in 1999 (TPM). But I'm pretty sure that this is not the real case because Harry Potter and LOTR was showed here and it was a huge succes in terms of people lined up for HP. And Spiderman WILL show in May.
    So i'm hoping that AOTC will be shown here.

Also what i really wanted so bad is the AOTC Anakin lightsaber toy. Is there someone who can help me because i've checked every sites on the net and they're not shipping outside US because of the licensing restriction.

19. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Theyre not shipping any merchandise here in the Philippines anytime soon. I heard there were problems with pricing.

Geez...but the toy stores are going ga-ga over Spiderman. Geez.

20. Auson_Dov

Auson_Dov Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2002
    To sithload:

You really live in Indonesia? I used to live there too! but i go back to Taiwan to study now.

No EP2 in id? Noway! My brother is still there and he will want to see it too!

21. sithlord1974

May 2, 2002
    Well, as i stated before, we aren't sure if AOTC will show here or not.

22. Hangeul_jedi

Hangeul_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Here's the jimmy in Korea: I am an English teacher here and those that I know ARE ABSOLUTELY LIVID! Why? We have to wait until frigg'n July 5th! Why? Because Lucas has something up his billion dollar backside against Korea and Japan. Anyone know what the big deal is??

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    1. YOU HAVE THE WORLD CUP :mad:

2. Your country distributor didn't fight and prepare to get AOTC in on May 16th

3. Japan always get it later than the rest of Asia; must had been the subtitle or dubbing thinging.

End of story . . . move along . . . . move along . . .

24. Hangeul_jedi

Hangeul_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Well, it (Korea) is not my country. My country is Canada. I am a Canadian. I am only here for one year. Secondly, I HATE soccer [face_plain] and it is a red herring. Soccer has NOTHING to do with Star Wars whatsoever. Period. So what if the stupid World Cup is here?!

And the dubbing has nothing to do with it either, because it could have been done during production. Besides, they managed to get dubbing done for almost every other country (Albania included!). Everyone is now downloading it at Internet cafes and crowding around and watching it here for FREE. Why? Because of some distributor? No....if Lucas wanted it in Korea and Japan...it would be here.

I, as well as the MANY people here guess the hundreds of thousands of American soldiers and pilots (and their families) who are in Korea and Japan and are protecting his freedom to write such movies don't add up to a hill of beans.

Add these people up and you are talking MILLIONS of dollars in merchandise, etc. that Lucas can kiss goodbye because he did not WANT it here.

Like I said before...IF he TRULY wanted it played here on May 16th, it WOULD be played here on May 16th. But it is not. And there is ONLY him to blame, unless HE HIMSELF has a VERY GOOD reason (like, for example, he does not like Japan and Korea, or the many, many westerners here).

Lucas treated us like we were all from Alderaan or something....KABOOM...who cares about us....not him!

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm terribly sorry that you as a Foreigner do not try to be part of the country or at least understand the situation the country is in. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.