main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saviour~ Three-Shot, Tenel Ka, LOTF AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: Saviour
    Genre: Hurt/Comfort
    Character: Tenel Ka, OCs, other canon implied
    Summary: A mother would do anything to protect her child.

Author's Note: The songs that appear in this story belong to Jann Arden. The first that appears below is I Would Die For You.

She had never thought that this moment would be forced upon her. She had spent years hoping that it would never come and that it had come anyways pained her deeply. The invisible wound that had festered in her chest had opened once again.

And she deeply blamed him for it. He had started it all and he had finished it. While he had sacrificed his life in order to protect her and their daughter when he finally realised the consequences of his actions upon them, she still blamed him.

She blamed him for leaving her without her beloved- lovers never to marry, parted forever by death. She blamed him for the murder of her beloved father, whose neck he had snapped with the Force. She blamed him for his bringing war and ruin to her people, his attempt at genocide- even if only indirectly responsible- against the Royal House of Hapes.

But most of all, she blamed him for dying and leaving their daughter to grow up without a father.

[i]I've never seen this kind of love
    The kind that won't wash away
    And then leave you in the dark
    I would die for you
    I would die for you
    I would die for you[/i]

For her daughter, she would do anything. She had arranged for the girl?s death to be faked so that she might grow up in peace and happiness with her paternal grandparents. She would be safe, even if they couldn?t be together again- it would have to be enough.

The ?death? of the Chume?da Allana had lead to an unforeseen complication. Her nobles were even more fractious than usual. There were noble families on the verge of being engaged in open blood feuds more vicious than typical Hapan fare.

There were even whispers at court of the weakness of her position, now that her heir had been killed. That the Queen would morn forever- her mother had been an out-worlder, a Force user and the Queen was a former Jedi- who knew what she would do or if she knew the appropriate actions to take in any event.

So, she faced numerous assassination attempts. She faced the mothers and grandmothers of various high-born families pushing their sons at her in hopes that they would father the next heir to the Hapan throne.

[i]I've never kissed a sweeter mouth
    I've never been swept away
    It's what dreams are made up of
    Don't you know I could not survive
    Without you in my life
    I would die for you
    I would die for you
    I would die for you

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ya ya
    Yeah yeah yeah[/i]

Two years passed from his death, she was forced to take action. She had taken a holo-call from her daughter and was struck by something that became very clear to her. She saw how happy Allana was, how free she was from the burdens of royalty. That she had the opportunity to live the life that Tenel Ka had wished to give her.

She needed to settle things. She needed to find a way to free her daughter from this gilded cage, allowing her to be the carefree child she was meant to be. To be able to choose any path she so wanted, rather than be trapped by the circumstances of her birth.

Tenel Ka would act to ensure her daughter?s future happiness.

[i]I've never seen this kind of love
    The kind that won't slip away
    Yes I'm soaring thru your heart
    Don't you know I could not survive
    Without you in my life
    I would die for you
    I would die for you
    I would die for you[/i]

Tenel Ka bided her time. There was no immediate rush until the perfect opportunity to present itself- the appearance of the acceptable person and circumstances. Her next child deserved a decent father, after all.

The very thought made her sick. The violation of the love she still felt for her dead lover but she resolved to do this. Her love for her daughter was stronger- she would be set free and she would have the image that the Hapan public would love and satisf

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    This is my favourite Jann Arden song... EVER.

You've captured Tenel Ka perfectly. Her heartbreak and her indomitable will to pick herself and carry on.
    =D=
    Can you PM me when you have more?

CJM

3. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Insensitive is my own favourite, tied with Love is the Only Soldier- which will appear here shortly.

And thank you- I've never tried Tenel Ka before and glad that I've got it right. And yes, most definitely.

PM list
    canadianjedimama

Note: Love is the Only Soldier belongs to Jann Arden and nothing else here belongs to me either.

On the ?anniversary? of her daughter?s seventh birthday, that the opportunity finally presented itself- though Tenel Ka was so preoccupied, had she not been getting a niggling from the Force, that she would have missed it. With the tensions between the Jedi and the government of Daala, many others and the Alliance, as well as her own people thrown into the mix, it would have been little wonder.

She did what she had done since the end of the war and the supposed death of Allana. She held a birthday party cumma memorial in the girl?s memory. It presented just the right image to the public: that of the brave mother willing to sacrifice anything, including her own child to the cause of her people but also the mourning mother, who grieved for the loss of that child. It also gave Tenel Ka some comfort to do this: to honour her daughter, who she saw little of and could no longer raise.

[i]Love is a drink with a lit cigarette
    Love is your mouth that's holding my breath
    Love is your hand that covers my breast
    Love is the only soldier left[/i]

Just as she was about to make the opening speech to commence the celebration, it hit her. That niggling in the in the Force that the moment she was waiting for was here. The moment she had been waiting for had arrived.

She scanned the gathered rows of guests quickly, looking to see who this man was. There were a number of Hapans, ambassadors, and other special guests from her childhood at the Jedi Academy who she had invited, milling together liberally in the ball room. If this was the beginning, she needed to find the man that the Force signalled was here.

Eventually, she finds herself looking at a dark haired man dressed in the rich sort of robes that one might wear as an ambassador. He was completely different from Jacen- far darker hair, blue eyes rather than a deep earthy brown. He cut a figure of privilege and rank- unlike the Solos who cut figures of incarnate charisma and restlessness in an everyman sort of way.

She asks her servants who he is and for any information that they have on him. They inform her that this man?s name was Kjai Chalk, an ambassador from Brentaal IV who had been trying to gain the attention of herself and her officials to pursue trade negotiations.

An interesting method, coming unannounced. I?ll give him that and shall have to meet him. She thought to herself as she signalled her servants to deliver her message personally.

[i]Love is a man in a coat in the rain
    Love's every little mistake that he's made
    Love is the moment that he has to embrace
    Love is the only mercy left

Hide me inside your heart let me wash away
    Hold me beneath your body all night and day
    I pray that the morning comes and with me you'll stay
    Oh hide me inside your heart let me wash away[/i]

Two days after she had first seen him, Tenel Ka received the Brentaalian in what had been a previously underused formal study until she had become Queen. A tasteful study her parents had sometimes used for informal negotiations and one that Ta?chume, her grandmother, had avoided using at all. As such, Tenel Ka made a point of using it almost exclusively and shuddering the more opulent and extravagant study that Ta?chume had used.

In a small way, it pleased her to do this. To show her grandmother in the clearest way possible that she no longer controlled the destiny of the Hapan people and that her political power was over. Not that it mattered much these days with Ta?chume?s persistent catatonic state.

4. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Could it be that Tenel won't use him and push him aside???? Inquiring minds want to know!

CJM