main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scary Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
  2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    That was here a couple of months ago and I heard it wasn't that good.

3. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose is rather poo. But I don't really like "horror" films... so meh.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    that emily rose film sucked :(

however, silent hill looks superb!! could this be the best game to movie crossover yet?

5. who-me

who-me Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2006
    hmmmm... Excorsism of Emily Rose scared the doowop outa me, but my mrs kinda sat there twiddling her thumbs. Think its the fear of things 'that could be' that scares the beejeesus out of me.

Anyone seen Hostel? didnt scare me as such but some parts freaked the living **** out of me, graphic to say the least!

Youve failed to mention some of the all time greats so far though... Hellraiser: a cult British classic that made me feel sick the first time i saw it (I was about 11 at the time), the others arent the best but a great addition to horror.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The original. Not too scary but definately freakish... the grandaddy in the wheelchair with the hammer....

John Carpenter's The Thing, how can u not squirm at the famous spiderhead scene? Who's the Thing who's the Thing? Kurt Russel's finest role yet.

Day of the Dead, with the lack of humour and black comedy this fil is possibly the darkest of the trilogy.

Dawn of the Dead: the Remake, id put this down as being a modern day classic, one of the best remakes thats been done so far, went to the cinema 3 times and jumped out of my seat every viewing. Zombies that run, thats just wrong, your supposed to be able to out run them surely...

The Ring, never seen the original but i kakked it in the cinema with the American remake.

The Grudge is equally as scary, The Japanese version is one film i cant watch alone...

And who can forget The Evil Dead??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.